Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2015-03-31, 10:34pm

Default Shop Set UP

I need help with setting up my shop as my biggest problem is the lack of space. I have two choices, an upstairs bedroom that we don't use with two widows or a 2 season sun porch that is neither cooled or heated. It gets very cold in the winter and nearly 120 degrees in the summer on that porch. I am not sure I want to sit in front of a torch out there in those conditions. I was planning on modifying the bedroom but I am not understanding the need for a hood as I never used one when I worked with my hot head. Also any suggestions on what to put on the walls to protect them? My torch is a Bethlehem Alpha. Thanks.
Old 2015-04-01, 5:40am
Phill

There are a lot of threads here about ventilation and quite a few cross links to other forums about it as well.

I know it is a lot of reading but almost all of it is stuff you will need to understand in order to begin deciding what you want to do for your specific situation.
Old 2015-04-01, 6:48am
kinda torching....

Im building my full studio in a 8x10ft converted bedroom. That includes a 6ft and 5ft stainless workbenches. Fpr the walls along the benches im covering with flashing, that ill prob mount a half inch to an inch off of the wall so that if it does take any heat, theres an air pocket to insulate and protect the wall behind from warming any. your ventilation depends most on your torch, but you could probably get by with a good funnel system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.