Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-18, 9:49am
The Venerable Bead

Default second half of April 2007 showcase!!!

ok so did we decide to do 2 per month? That other one was getting unwieldy. here are two more flowers that I was just so pleased with.
the first is cinnabar petals (with some carribean coral in the center of the petals) with a tequila sunrise center, elvis with extralight yellow cane for the bail and backed in silver sands
the second is havana moon petals with blue caramel down the center of the petals and a cinnabar center backed in silver sands and a random rainbow cane for the bail.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-04-18, 10:07am
ManBearPig

Working on updating my web site (finally) so I just took some random photos. Here's a few pendants from the past couple of days...

Old 2007-04-18, 10:50am
yukue fumei

Paula-
wow!! Your pendants are stunning! I love the Carribean coral! Your flower implosions are soooo beautiful!!

Chad-
Amazing as always!!! My fave is the heart--love all the colors!

nagi

Old 2007-04-18, 10:55am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
Paula-
wow!! Your pendants are stunning! I love the Carribean coral! Your flower implosions are soooo beautiful!!

Chad-
Amazing as always!!! My fave is the heart--love all the colors!
Thanks. Would you believe that's only one color?

Well, one color and clear...

Old 2007-04-18, 11:15am
yukue fumei

WOW!! That's so cool! Is the clear the frit detail?

nagi

Old 2007-04-18, 11:19am
ManBearPig

Clear frit, and the whole inside is clear as well. That's what made the light orange/yellow color at the tip. The color on the outside is stretched really thin there.

Just one more reason I love Purple Luster...

Old 2007-04-18, 11:27am
yukue fumei

Awesome!
thanks so much Chad!

nagi

Old 2007-04-18, 11:31am

Wow Paula, those florals ROCK!
Chad, yep, love everything but I'm a sucker for hearts.

Jo
Old 2007-04-18, 11:48am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Paula, those are beautiful.
Chad, very cool.

#K58
Old 2007-04-18, 1:30pm
The Venerable Bead

thank you jerri, jo, and nagi.
Chad I love the heart too

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-04-18, 3:50pm
Trying to Hope!

Great Job Paula and Chad I have soo got to learn how to do implosions soon.

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-04-18, 3:53pm
Serenity Now!

Love those implosions, Paula - 'specially the Havana Moon one - lovely shape!!

Great pendant, Chad - saw some in another thread too - boy when you produce, you go for it!! Hope the Show is a huge success...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-04-18, 4:02pm

Paula, I have watched your pendants get better and better in the past year...

And hurray for the turtle... so pretty, Cosmos... does it have a loop?

Old 2007-04-18, 4:50pm

Finally got some studio time so I have a few new things to share. One I've shared before, but I added a little something to it. It felt good to get that rectifier going again.

It's not quite as bright, really it's not I don't think my camera likes blues

GA's Silver Sands with Paula's Hardcore Cammo frit

A dainty implosion done with Open Mind frit. Not quite sure how dainty came out of my torch...must have been the frit

I got to see some of Paula's glass in person at a show a couple of weeks ago....her colors are so bright!! These are fantastic!!
Chad, the heart is my favorite!!

Last edited by Kim V; 2007-04-18 at 4:54pm. Reason: Spelling
Old 2007-04-18, 5:50pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
Paula, I have watched your pendants get better and better in the past year...

And hurray for the turtle... so pretty, Cosmos... does it have a loop?
Yeah. They have clear loops on the back. It runs from the shell to the back of the head. If I get a chance, I'll take a pic of the back. But you can kind of see how the front is sitting up off the table and sort of get the idea.

Old 2007-04-18, 5:59pm
HourGlass Studio

Paula I love your florals they are so perfect.
Chad that heart is TDF - seriously great color.

Old 2007-04-18, 6:01pm
Hummel factory reject

Kim, very, very nice.... Paula super flower implosions!

Old 2007-04-18, 8:25pm
Trying to Hope!

Kim I love the blue and all the others too

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-04-18, 9:10pm
The Venerable Bead

thanks boro friends. kim wow those e formed beauties are spectacular! and the "dainty" implosion is so sweet!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-04-18, 10:31pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

beautiful!! Paula I love your cabage roses, they are awesome

Chad, lovely as always, that turtle is sweet.

Kim, that blue one!! I love electroforming on boro, one of these days I should dig into this a bit more

Old 2007-04-19, 1:05am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
Finally got some studio time so I have a few new things to share. One I've shared before, but I added a little something to it. It felt good to get that rectifier going again.

It's not quite as bright, really it's not I don't think my camera likes blues

GA's Silver Sands with Paula's Hardcore Cammo frit

A dainty implosion done with Open Mind frit. Not quite sure how dainty came out of my torch...must have been the frit

I got to see some of Paula's glass in person at a show a couple of weeks ago....her colors are so bright!! These are fantastic!!
Chad, the heart is my favorite!!
Hey kim what brand white did you do on the last one? The white looks so perfect without any boiling or anything?
Old 2007-04-19, 2:27am
Nah, not really...;)

Nice start to the 2nd half of April!
Attached Images

Old 2007-04-19, 3:13am
yukue fumei

Kim- the electroformed pieces rock!! Love the blue patina especially!

Carrie--wow--gorgeous sets!! Yummy!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-19, 4:46am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Kim love them.
Carrie you so rock with colors, beautiful.

#K58
Old 2007-04-19, 5:18am

Awesome pieces everybody!
Leanne the Roger Parramore (New Color Co) white works like butter. You will never use another white. I swear its awesome!
Old 2007-04-19, 8:04am

Thanks for the kind words....they really make me feel good. I'm always so apprehensive about posting here, you all are soooo good at this! I'm not quite sure where I should be posting, here or in the newbie show and tell. I'm not a rank newbie, but I've only been playing with boro since September...and I'm a weekend torcher....till June!!
I'm pretty sure the white that I used was Roger's. It melts so nicely!!! I say I'm pretty sure because that one was the last one of the day and I actually don't remember what rod I picked up....you know how it is when you get going and all the rods end up in a pile on the bench

Old 2007-04-19, 8:25am
Pyromaniac

Beautiful work! I do have one complaint though:

Too much chit-chat not enough pictures! C'mon people let's see what you got! (he said while not posting any pictures)

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2007-04-19, 8:44am

Okay, here goes - first posting of picture in any gallery - well I did post it in the other gallery first - I got so excited that I finally figured it out.

Ha! Momka's new glass - so yummy. Also first piece with new Lynx and Regalia setup. Fun, fun, fun!

Sally
Old 2007-04-19, 9:07am

I love the floral pendants...the Havana Moon petals are lovely. Great color on your heart, Cosmo...purple luster is one of my favorites. The electroforming gives such a great contrast in textures with the smooth glass. Carrie - I love your pastels. Just had a request for some pastels and they are hard for me...very inconsistent. Any tips?

Here is a lentil with leaves that I saw in the new issue of the Flow...Japanese issue. Just two lengths of twistie laid beside each other and then raked a bit. I need to work on it more to figure out good colors but I love the technique.

Sandy

Old 2007-04-19, 9:17am
Trying to Hope!

carrie I love those cubes
sally I have got to get some of that glass fantastic
sandy I love your lentils I love that shape were they pressed or free formed and what size press did you use if the were pressed?

great work everyone

Etsy Here
Ebay Here