Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-24, 7:10am
yukue fumei

WOW--Renee--I love your beads--so much color and vibrancy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-24, 7:13am

Ashlea, awesome ring and I absolutely love that first pendant with the tight swirls. WOWWIE!

Jeri, COOL mushroom, nice colors! Very creative!

Val, you're killin' me with my favorit combination here... pink and orange.
GAH!

Renee, awesome hues of blue and teal!

Nagi, thanks for the compliment!

Jo
Old 2007-04-24, 7:52am

Everything is looking great!

Here is a new one from me. I wanted to make a pair of embracing figures so i modified a heart, made it "geode" style, and then ground and polished the two faces. I tried to put a baby in the arms on another one, but it didn't work out so I stuck it in my water bucket. (I let my temper get the better of me with that one.) I am going to try to make another couple with child again today. Opinions?
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Last edited by e. mort; 2007-04-24 at 8:34am. Reason: correct typos
Old 2007-04-25, 2:26am
Nah, not really...;)

Paula, great colors.
Hannah, wow, you are moving right along, nice job.
Ashlea, I love that first pendant!
Jerri, that mushroom looks kinda trippy.
Val, love that color combo, it's one of my favorites.
Renee, yummy as always!

And I love how Boro changes depending on how I work it...the possibilities are endless.

Old 2007-04-25, 2:27am
Nah, not really...;)

Dang Eric, you are just rocking the Boro!

Old 2007-04-25, 2:30am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodTrailGlass View Post
Waiting...tap, tap, tap...
Bunyip? Chris? Still waiting...tap, tap, tap.

Old 2007-04-25, 5:22am

Here's a few from me. Thanks, Cosmo on the marble photo tips. These came out better...still not great but definitely an improvement...at least you can see what is inside.
Sandy

Old 2007-04-25, 5:28am
Pyromaniac

uh...My dog ate my homework?

I was in class with Milon Townsend all weekend... but my project bwoke. Like into 5 pieces. I'm making another one! I'm halfway through! It's going much better! I hope...

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2007-04-25, 6:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandree View Post
Here's a few from me. Thanks, Cosmo on the marble photo tips. These came out better...still not great but definitely an improvement...at least you can see what is inside.
Sandy

What do you mean "still not great?" Those are both awesome implosions! Did you use Momka colors for them?

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-25, 7:52am
yukue fumei

Eric-WOW!!! Love it!

Sandy--OMG--those are amazing!!! "Still not great"? What are you talking about, girl? The orange flower in particular rocks this world!!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-25, 8:27am

The orange is GA Orange Crayon encased with clear so it wouldn't boil (it actually was a twisty with blue but that kind of washed out). The blue is Alaskan Thunder...what a nice color in implosions and there is some unobtanium in there too. Now if only I could figure out a good place to sell my marbles. I really love making them but so far find them kind of hard to sell for the time it takes to make them.

Sandy
Old 2007-04-25, 9:27am

Sandy, those are DANDY. Don't make me come over there. lol
They are superfantastic and I am impressed. Simply gorgeous.
Now stop being so hard on you... they ROCK like Billy Idol!
Jo
Old 2007-04-25, 10:45am

So, I´m back

There are wonderful things from everyone!!!!

Something new from me

I used the colour for the red stripes named Black Elvis. I am stretching the colours

Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-04-25, 10:59am

Sandy, beautiful marbles. Just wondering how big are they?

Ashlea
Old 2007-04-25, 12:39pm
Gay rights R human rights

These are the results of my second day with boro. I thought the implosions were good until I was taking the pics and noticed that the loops are on sideways!!! LOL
Live and learn I guess.

Leslie
Old 2007-04-25, 1:11pm
Renee Weaver

Wow Leslie, Only your 2nd day!Beautiful! I had 3 months for pure mud. LOL
Here is some DAP beads that finially have color! YES!!!!!

Renee
Oh I forgot to say... I think this boro room is the greatest, such nice people!

Old 2007-04-25, 2:28pm
San Diego Toni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandree View Post
Sandy

Fantastic Sandy!!! How large are they?? Did I miss a marble photo tip earlier in the thread??? I could use some help with that!!!

I am actually wearing one of my flower implosion marbles today! It's a little over 1" and I wire wrapped a cage around it and created a bail at the top. Kinda neat!

toni

Old 2007-04-25, 2:45pm

Toni, could you post a picture of your wire-wrapped marble? I've been trying to do that with some of my marbles and can't seem to get it.
Thanks
Ashlea
Old 2007-04-25, 4:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekbeads View Post
Sandy, those are DANDY. Don't make me come over there. lol
They are superfantastic and I am impressed. Simply gorgeous.
Now stop being so hard on you... they ROCK like Billy Idol!
Jo
I won't make you come over...really!http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/im.../hidecouch.gif I am actually really happy with the marbles but not as happy with the photos. It is really hard for the camera to get the depth of field to have the whole thing in focus. But like I said, these were much better photos than my earlier ones. Cosmo said to get rid of my light tent - that the reflections of the lamps would be smaller without the tent. I kind of focused the lights near the marble but not right at it. I also changed something on my camera that makes the aperture different (and the f stop higher) so you get more depth of field.

Sandy
Old 2007-04-25, 4:51pm

Toni...the marbles are about 1-1/16".

Sandy
Old 2007-04-25, 5:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggybubba View Post

I thought the implosions were good until I was taking the pics and noticed that the loops are on sideways!!! Leslie

Leslie, I'm sorry, You have me laughing so hard I'm falling out of my computer chair. OMG, sometimes things just hit me really funny, plus I'm really really tired.
Thanks!

ps: I think they are lovely, and nice job on the vessel.
I have yet to try one of those, I"m a little chicken.
Jo
Old 2007-04-25, 5:18pm
yukue fumei

Andreas-wow--your blown sculptures are the cutest!! I love the chicken checking out his friend! Awesome colors and your pendants rock too! WOW!

Leslie--OMG-only 2 days at the boro bench? Holey Toledo woman-you kick a$$!!

Renee--LOVE your beads as always--those are sooo yummy! Purple!!! woohoo!

nagi

Old 2007-04-26, 2:44am
Nah, not really...;)

Oh crap, I'm running outta time here...I'll BBL later to comment; awesome work everyone!

Old 2007-04-26, 3:17am
boro color bender

Nice job everybody...

Here's something I've been experimenting with. I'll post better pics when I have some better examples of this idea.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-04-26, 5:23am
Formerly known as Venesa

Just gorgeous Mr. Smiley!!

Carrie, would you believe that Hannah is one of my students? Talk about the blind leading... anyway.

Old 2007-04-26, 5:58am
Pyromaniac

I still don't have any pictures...unless patterned cane excites you...In broken chunks or newer, whole pieces...

What I do have is a class pic from this past Monday afternoon:

I'm the dork in the STFU shirt and red shorts :LOL: Milon is hiding behind Jerry on the far left, Ron Bearer Jr. is behind me (in the black shirt). I'm embracing the lovely and talented Lori Robbins. The other guys (from left to right) are Mark, "Bob", Russel, Dave & Dan. Shawnette had to get home a little bit early, so she didn't make it into the photo. Such an awesome group! The energy, enthusiasm and overall atmosphere was stellar!

I had a really great time, despite the fact that my skills were way behind the curve...Damn it I'm used to being the smart kid in class! Glass has a way of humbling me, which is probably a good thing considering my Manhattan-sized "sense of self-esteem" (*cough*ego*cough*). The only salve to my pride is that Milon never stumped me with his impressive vocabulary..."Neologisms" indeed... I wonder if anyone else was catching some of the stuff he was throwing out there

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2007-04-26, 6:21am

Sandree.. awesome marbles and great pictures.... love the orange floral

Andreas... that chicken is just adorable. I love how it tells a short story...I love chickens, too.

Renee, your colors are really popping now. You just get better and better.

Unique heart design, Eric

Old 2007-04-26, 6:32am
yukue fumei

WOW--Brent--your beads are sooo gorgeous--so unique!! Me likey!!!

Bunyip--how was the Milon class? It must have been soooo sooo cool!!! One day....one day....

nagi

Old 2007-04-26, 6:49am

Bunyip - I bet you learned a lot! I am still trying to save my pennies and decide which boro teacher will give me the most bang for the buck. I would love to take a class with many of them but finances dictate otherwise.

Brent - cool beads!

Here is another one of the coldworked pendants, but this time I was playing with fume. I like this one a lot although I was going for a deeper beetle wing green inside. I think I put down a little too much silver before adding the gold.
Attached Images

Old 2007-04-26, 8:20am

Mmmmmmm, eyecandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!