Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-09-04, 3:39pm
Unmedicated since '62

thanks for all the donations guys - i'm well on my way to getting to Seattle

we are going to party!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-09-04, 8:26pm
one day at a time

I just discovered this not too long ago and found that it's something I really need these days because I'm cutting out made to order in my shop. Now I really need to keep track of what I have in supplies! Especially because I want to use up glass I haven't touched in years because it's not used in my made to order beads. New beads, more new glass, and I really appreciate all the work you put into this! I will be giving you a good sized donation as soon as I can. Probably after next week when I sell off some orphans which are guaranteed to sell.
Old 2011-09-04, 8:32pm
Unmedicated since '62

i'm working on a slightly altered version that will be suitable for any kind of stash - fabric, components, paint whatever - that should be interesting

Old 2011-09-04, 8:39pm
one day at a time

Computer illiterate me didn't have any problems installing it and I had to install the Microsoft Access Runtime 2010 first. No trouble there either.
Old 2011-09-04, 8:43pm
Unmedicated since '62

cool!! i was really hoping the install package would fix any issues with installation

Old 2011-09-09, 6:41pm
Unmedicated since '62

Kathy from Cim has thoughtfully provided us with all the jpg images of the sample paddles to put in the database - download them from this post and the next one
Attached Files
File Type: zip Warm.zip (95.1 KB, 982 views)
File Type: zip Purple.zip (90.5 KB, 893 views)
File Type: zip Pink.zip (89.8 KB, 889 views)
File Type: zip Neutral.zip (104.5 KB, 905 views)
File Type: zip Green.zip (142.2 KB, 877 views)

Old 2011-09-09, 6:43pm
Unmedicated since '62

and brown and blue
Attached Files
File Type: zip Brown.zip (47.4 KB, 847 views)
File Type: zip Blue.zip (174.7 KB, 912 views)

Old 2011-09-09, 7:17pm
Unmedicated since '62

As well, Kathy has also provided me with an updated spreadsheet with all the new colours and has included descriptions that you can copy to the comments section of the Database
Attached Files
File Type: zip MessyColors.zip (10.2 KB, 882 views)

Old 2011-09-11, 8:30pm
needs creative tagline

Hey Deb,
Is there an easy way to import the new data from Kathy? Looks like with accdr rather than accdb we can't get at the actual tables.
Thanks,
laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-09-11, 8:35pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha200 View Post
Hey Deb,
Is there an easy way to import the new data from Kathy? Looks like with accdr rather than accdb we can't get at the actual tables.
Thanks,
laura
only if you have the full version of Access 2010 - if you want you can email me back your file and i'll update it for you

Old 2011-09-12, 7:12pm
plays with fire

Thank you so much for creating this and sharing it with us! As an added bonus, I am hoping to learn something about Access, which I probably would never have opened otherwise

I am trying to add the new Gaffer colors, Purple Rose and Royal Purple, but when I actually add the glass to my stash, the numbers are gone and the names show up in the Product Code field. Now I have three entries in the Gaffer list for Purple Rose but nothing that works to add to my stash.

So first: how do I get the color added correctly; and second: how do I delete the incorrect/duplicate entries in the Gaffer list? I have the full Access 2010.

Thanks!
Old 2011-09-12, 9:22pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbeads View Post
Thank you so much for creating this and sharing it with us! As an added bonus, I am hoping to learn something about Access, which I probably would never have opened otherwise

I am trying to add the new Gaffer colors, Purple Rose and Royal Purple, but when I actually add the glass to my stash, the numbers are gone and the names show up in the Product Code field. Now I have three entries in the Gaffer list for Purple Rose but nothing that works to add to my stash.

So first: how do I get the color added correctly; and second: how do I delete the incorrect/duplicate entries in the Gaffer list? I have the full Access 2010.

Thanks!
ok easiest way if you have full access is to open the table called GlassTbl and simply delete those lines, they'll be on the bottom

otherwise, go to "add to or change my stash" and go to the incorrect entry and change the selection in the field called "keep this colour?" to "no, delete" , then go to the main dashboard and click the blue button that says "delete unwanted colours"

adding should be dead easy - click on the button that says "Add new colours to the list" - big purple one - then just fill in the details. if there is some problem with this get back to me

Old 2011-09-12, 11:38pm
plays with fire

Deb, makes sense except I can't find the table to open it (I am not seeing any table functions in the toolbar).
I was able to correct some errors with the delete unwanted colors, but there is one that just won't "go away". I'll try again tomorrow.
Didn't have any problem adding new glass, just that with those particular colors (the two Gaffers) the numbers won't show up in the product code field. When I can open the table, I'll delete them altogether and re-enter to see if that fixes that issue.
Old 2011-09-12, 11:42pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Deb, makes sense except I can't find the table to open it (I am not seeing any table functions in the toolbar).
I was able to correct some errors with the delete unwanted colors, but there is one that just won't "go away". I'll try again tomorrow.
Didn't have any problem adding new glass, just that with those particular colors (the two Gaffers) the numbers won't show up in the product code field. When I can open the table, I'll delete them altogether and re-enter to see if that fixes that issue.
Email your file to me and I'll have a look if you like

Old 2011-09-12, 11:44pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
When you say it won't go away - can you look at it in "add to or change my stash" ?

Old 2011-09-12, 11:50pm
plays with fire

lol just found the tables! will keep you posted
Old 2011-09-12, 11:51pm
plays with fire

oh, when I open "add change my stash" one entry shows but I can't see the duplicate. I'll work on it some more tomorrow and keep you posted. Thanks!
Old 2011-09-12, 11:55pm
Unmedicated since '62

Ah, THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT

make sure every Glass name is different, the form sorts by name so if there are two the same it will not show the other one - I always put a letter at the end so V for vetro E for effetre etc

Old 2011-09-13, 12:14am
plays with fire

Yes, I just figured that out as the Gaffer color kept filling in the fields instead of the Reichenbach...
Old 2011-09-13, 12:33am
Unmedicated since '62

my way to drive you mental

Old 2011-09-13, 7:02am
plays with fire

Just exercising my brain - and it needs it! So I found the "difficult" color in the WishLstTbl and was able to delete the extra copy and tada! fixed!
Like I said, learning a little about Access in the process! Cool!
Old 2011-09-13, 9:49pm
Unmedicated since '62

ah, if the colour was in the wishlist table then you must have had one of the boxes at the bottom ticked - thats how they get added to that table

Old 2011-09-14, 12:04am
plays with fire

Yes, there were two copies of it in the wishlist - one with the "I have" checked and one without it checked, but only the second would come up when I did the "add/change my stash", so I was not able to uncheck it. All fixed now!
I have been adding my Reichenbach 96 glass and am being careful to add R96 to the color name to differentiate it.

So I'd like to contribute to your Gathering fund as a thank you (I am definitely going to Seattle too!) What is the paypal addy to use?
Old 2011-09-14, 11:32am
needs creative tagline

Quote:
lol just found the tables! will keep you posted
can you give me some pointers on how you figured out to get to the tables? i'm sure I've got the full version of access but for the life of me I can't find any menus or change from the default view...

laura

Facebook -

Lynx with OGSI-15 and big holding tank, Redmax on tanked, and National 3b that swings both ways...
Old 2011-09-14, 7:08pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
Deb - been trying for a while now to open this puppy (I am really excited about having this) but I keep getting a meassage, both from Access and Excel that the file cannot be opened due to parts missing or the file is corrupt. Any pointers??
but fixed now yes?

Access has zero to do with Excel BTW - it might look a bit like it but thats about it - two different animals

Old 2011-09-14, 7:13pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha200 View Post
can you give me some pointers on how you figured out to get to the tables? i'm sure I've got the full version of access but for the life of me I can't find any menus or change from the default view...

laura
you need to open you're full version of Access, then open the stashmaster file from there, it defaults to the runtime version if thats what you opened it with first

if that fails then make a copy of the file and change the file extension to .accdb OR rilght click on the file and open the properties and under the Opens with section click CHANGE and select the full version of Access to open the file

Old 2011-09-14, 7:56pm
needs creative tagline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
you need to open you're full version of Access, then open the stashmaster file from there, it defaults to the runtime version if thats what you opened it with first

if that fails then make a copy of the file and change the file extension to .accdb OR rilght click on the file and open the properties and under the Opens with section click CHANGE and select the full version of Access to open the file
yep, once the extension was changed it wouldn't open with the full version anymore. Changed the extension back, opened within full version, can access everything like usual. Thanks!
laura

Facebook -

Old 2011-09-14, 8:02pm
Unmedicated since '62

be vewy vewy careful changing the tables

Old 2011-09-14, 9:44pm
plays with fire

I've input all of my COE 96 glass now (which is about 1/20 the amount of my 104 ) So my next question is how to sort the "what's in my stash" list by manufacturer or COE?
Old 2011-09-15, 3:39am
Unmedicated since '62

What's in my stash is just a report, um from memory I set it up to sort by manufacturer but you can go into it's setup and change how it sorts