Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-08-14, 4:06pm
Born on date: 11/3/09!

Default 52 MM macro filter

So I needed a 58 MM macro filter for my DSLR but in my excitement I ordered a 52 MM macro filter. It wasn't expensive but when I look through it it sure makes my hand look good (meaning it seems to work well!)

Who wants it? I'll send it out free of charge.

I should have added- to the first person who replies.

Jen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The little love of my life...

Last edited by NorLigh; 2009-08-14 at 4:30pm.
Old 2009-08-14, 8:30pm
Covered in glitter

What a nice offer! I can't use it but someone's going to love it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-08-16, 4:46pm

LOL~ doesn't seem like too many people need it! It must be an odd size.

Old 2009-08-16, 4:58pm
The Torch Be With You

Jen, instead of getting rid of the 52mm macro lens, you can order a "step down ring" that is a 58 to 52. It will screw into your 58mm lens and then the 52 macro lens will screw into the other end. It may be the cheapest way to go. Hope this helps!

Charlie
Old 2009-08-17, 7:45am

Charlie,

I was going to buy that ring until I read about, and was told about, "vignette" (I think it's called.) That a dark 6mm ring will be noticable around my photos. But, in the end since no one seems to need this odd size I might just go ahead and buy the ring just to see if it makes a cool effect.

I'll wait a few more days and see if anyone wants it, if not I'll take back my offer (how mean of me) and buy the adapter to play with!

Thanks for the advice,

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCharlie View Post
Jen, instead of getting rid of the 52mm macro lens, you can order a "step down ring" that is a 58 to 52. It will screw into your 58mm lens and then the 52 macro lens will screw into the other end. It may be the cheapest way to go. Hope this helps!

Charlie

Old 2009-10-12, 12:05pm

I'll take it if no one else has.
Old 2009-10-13, 8:30am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyMerckx View Post
I'll take it if no one else has.
The Badger posting on our lampworking forum?

We have a dog named after you....

Old 2009-10-13, 10:53am

Well, no one ever uses it as a username, so it comes in handy for internet accounts where I don't want one with lots of fiddly numbers and I want to preserve anonymity. So I'm not actually Merckx himself. Sorry to dissapoint.