No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-03-19, 2:48pm

Question Questions about pendants??

Hello,

I have questions that I hope you guys can help me with, what is a wigwag or twisty pendant? Are they the same or two different styles? I would like to make a pendant with the colors pulled this way and that way, but my search has left me with more questions than answers!?
Here is a sample of what I would like to make:

I am searching for a tutorial, know of any??
I appreciate any help on this!
Thanks so much, Renee'
Old 2011-03-19, 4:22pm
I speak Murrini!

Here's a link that will give you the info: http://www.canadianlampworkforum.com...ic.php?p=16639

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-03-19, 7:54pm
Glass-aholic

It's called a WIG WAG or SWITCHBACK. There is an old wig wag thread here somewhere that shows how it is done BAsically you make a cone and add stripes to it, twist it in different directions, and melt it back down in itself to make this pattern. There is a great you tube video on it that I can not find... I found some not so good ones.. but not the one I remember yet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-03-20, 7:44am
Glassmangler

To make the cane, I start with a 2" chunk of 1" solid clear rod. Put color stripes down the outside, then pull out to about 1/3" diameter.
Then do this: http://www.glassartists.org/Gal18238..._IS_CHEAP_.asp
Old 2011-03-26, 2:17pm

Thank all of you for the information!! I will study it and practice, practice!! If I figure it out I will post my results. Your the best!
Old 2011-03-26, 2:23pm
Boro Boy

I have a video on my YouTube channel demonstrating a switchback pendant. Here is the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkRVX...el_video_title

~

~

Old 2011-04-27, 7:04pm

Bashi, I purchased your ebook on Etsy tonight and the tutorial looks great. Thanks, if I actually accomplish a pendant I will post a picture. Wish me luck!
Renee
Old 2011-04-27, 7:40pm
Boro Boy

Thanks Renee! I'll be wishing you lot's of luck and I look forward to seeing your results

~

~

Old 2011-04-27, 8:25pm
I speak Murrini!

Can't wait to see! Good luck Renee!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro