Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2013-10-13, 12:12pm

Default Can you make beads on a phantom?

Even small ones, spacers etc? Soft glass? It seems a bit beefy I dunno I'm having such a hard time deciding which torch to get!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Susan~
Old 2013-10-13, 12:20pm

Can you made a nice bead with the Lynx?

The centerfire of the Phantom is the Lynx with the option of much more power when needed.

I sold my Phantom and went to a less expensive torch that would do what I need. Nothing negative to say about GTT, just that for what I do I can do it for less money.

Old 2013-10-13, 12:25pm

Ah duhh! Perfect, thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Susan~
Old 2013-10-13, 1:57pm
sorcerer

You can make small work on a big torch but you can't make big work on a small torch.
B

Old 2013-10-14, 12:08pm

if you are on the fence about getting a phantom, just get it already. i cannot overstate how damn nice these torches are, and how HUGE of a variety of flame chemistries you can dial in.
pinpoint, razor sharp flame (literally pinpoint small) or a huge bushy flame, and all in between.
i was kinda fazed at spending $1200 on a flamethrower, but i am so glad that i did.
Old 2013-10-15, 10:25am

yeap.... istandalone is absolutly right... just get yourself a phantom if you can afford it and i promise you will not regret it.
The only reason to NOT get one is if you dont have that much money to spend. Otherwise you will be happy as a pig in mud.
Khan
Old 2013-10-15, 12:40pm
Wonder-wench

A Phantom might be overkill if you only make beads. The larger outer fire can really speed up heating a super large bead, murrine gather, marble and anything boro. For only beads, a Lynx is really nice and can crank out some serious heat all by itself.

Old 2013-10-15, 5:33pm

The thing about the GTT line is you can always sell it for the same price or Very close as what you paid for it. Either go with the Lynx and then move up if needed, or the Phantom and have room to grow into. Either way you will not loose money.

Old 2013-10-31, 5:51am

I know you can do it on a Phantom because you can do it with ease on my Lynx.... I need a few more months worth of saving and practice under by belt before I can warrant my Phantom upgrade!