Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-13, 4:01pm

Default 17$ for 5bl of shorts sale at frantz

So did anyone get in on the 17$ for 5 lb of shorts sale at frantz? Oh yah that's a big NOT. Hmmmmmm sort of wonder who did get in on it since I order as soon as it was posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-13, 4:24pm
Sharon

I too ordered as soon as i saw it and NOPE...didn't get it.

ETA: Doesn't bother me though...maybe next time!!

Last edited by hotblubonnet; 2008-10-14 at 10:25pm. Reason: clarification
Old 2008-10-13, 5:05pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I ordered early early immediately after it was posted and got mine - I ordered two but due to demand, they limited it to one per person.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-10-13, 5:19pm
Totally Lost

I didn't get mine either.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-13, 6:08pm

Got one... Wonder how many they had?

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-10-13, 6:18pm

oh. well, I'm glad I didn't try to order it @ 1am when I got home from work the other morning then--'cause by these posts, it looks like they had already sold out by then! (working nights & weekends sure does suck sometimes!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-10-13, 6:38pm
I know, I can't spell

according to my reciept I got one, but It has not been mailed yet because of the holiday weekend

Soon new stuff
Old 2008-10-13, 6:58pm

Hmmm well I order right after it was posted also and am not getting any perhaps only select peoples orders were filled. In fact I rushed right over and thought how lucky I was that I saw it right after it was posted. Makes me angry. Won't order from there for a while till I get over it.

Old 2008-10-13, 6:59pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

Default Nope

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I was told we didn't get ours either. Total bummer. They said they could put our names on a list if they ever do it again.
Old 2008-10-13, 7:01pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Hmmm well I order right after it was posted also and am not getting any perhaps only select peoples orders were filled. In fact I rushed right over and thought how lucky I was that I saw it right after it was posted. Makes me angry. Won't order from there for a while till I get over it.
I doubt it was done by "select people" method as I have only ever ordered from Frantz maybe two or three times. Sorry you didn't get one

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 7:05pm

Here in Wisconsin that is called bait and switch and is totally illegal. How many people might have ordered something else just cause they were ordering the deal but find out later that sorry your out of lucky but hey thanks for the other order. Very bad business practice.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:09pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Here in Wisconsin that is called bait and switch and is totally illegal. How many people might have ordered something else just cause they were ordering the deal but find out later that sorry your out of lucky but hey thanks for the other order. Very bad business practice.
I would have canceled the rest of my order if I hadn't gotten the shorts - I'm sure everyone was free to do the same thing.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 7:14pm

It's not bait and switch or illegal. It was made clear that there were limited quantities. If someone added to their order and wanted to cancel once they learned they didn't get the box, Frantz would accommodate that without question. They're a good vendor, and if they're unfairly slammed they'll be less likely to offer this kind of thing in the future. I very much appreciate their presence here. I also see the original thread is gone, which I suspect means they pulled it as soon as they realized they had sold all that were available. And yes, my order was fulfilled.
Old 2008-10-13, 7:15pm
Dangerous Woman

I orderd 2 and got an e-mail, I thought confirming it, but turns out nope. None for me either. That does suck and stink.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-10-13, 7:18pm

You know that is fine and dandy for you to say as you got what you ordered, so defend away but it is still to be made right with those that didn't get what was advertised and what was ordered. I believe that most businesses would do something other than say hey we can put you on a waiting list if, and that is a mighty big word if, They do it again. Even a 5 dollar gift certificate would be better than a tough luck you loose.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:23pm

Actually I also got told they wouldn't hold the order to add the poi that is due in this week, and I didn't get to extend the discount on my last large order to an out-of-stock item I really wanted. They have POLICIES, and they don't always suit me, but they do often enough that I'm very satisfied. When I'm not satisfied with a vendor I quit buying from them, but they'd have to do something worse than sell out of something I want for me to slam them in a public forum. If you want to stop buying from Frantz, fine. More for me.
Old 2008-10-13, 7:28pm

I ordered within minutes of the original post. It should not have been posted if it was that limited. Also they supposedly have a web store that keeps track of inventory. That is the definition of bait and switch, advertising something that is very limited to just get people in the store hoping to get them to buy something else. Just a internet twist.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:30pm

No, it isn't.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:32pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

How do you know if you got one or not? I only got the automatic email when I ordered last Friday.

--
--
--

Old 2008-10-13, 7:32pm
Fancy Mammal

Well, I didn't get one. And yes, I tried to get one and I wish I had gotten one. But you know what? I'm grateful that they offered them *Even Though* I wasn't early enough in line. I *hope* that this is an offer that will be repeated.

I don't expect every single bead every made to still be available for sale. Even if it was for sale a second ago. Even if I really, really, really liked it and was ready to drop the money for it *right now*. And I don't expect someone to give me a discount because they sold out of something that was stated as limited quantities.

Last edited by parisgal; 2008-10-13 at 7:33pm. Reason: spelling
Old 2008-10-13, 7:36pm

Quote:
How do you know if you got one or not? I only got the automatic email when I ordered last Friday.
I got the notification of my order today, with a shipping date and total, and a nice email explaining that they wouldn't hold for the poi.
Old 2008-10-13, 7:37pm

Quote:
I doubt it was done by "select people" method as I have only ever ordered from Frantz maybe two or three times. Sorry you didn't get one
I doubt it also - I've only purchased directly from Frantz twice in 5.5 years and I got one... They just may not have anticipated how much we'd all be jumping on a bargain, and I understand limited quantities, too...

I wouldn't expect a gift certificate from them if they're out of an item.

Bill Thornton at Moretti & More sells shorts randomly, too, they're another good deal if you're watching for it. (Shorts basically means less than 13", they're nice sized rods...)

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-10-13, 7:40pm

yes it is , Here in wisconsin it is you advertise a product , say a TV a big one 27 inches only you have only two. 125 people come into you store. Your betting that some percentage of them will buy something else, another tv what ever. This is just a new age and this is a different twist given the internet. Laws and definitions have yet to catch up but if it looks like a pig an smells like a pig it is probably a pig or in the same family as a pig. All I am saying is that if they made a mistake they should make it up to their customers and this is not anything that they haven't surmised from my original reaction to their letter. They are a large business with a somewaht captive audience since they are the major importers. This was wrong and they should fix it.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:42pm

I have actually sent a few emails back and forth with them today.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:43pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

They didn't make a mistake - they sold out. Their post and the website said quantities were limited.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 7:45pm

No they told me that it should not have maybe been posted caused they had very very few and yet their sales guy did it anyway.

Old 2008-10-13, 7:47pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

it's still not a bait and switch. Selling out of something is not a crime.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-10-13, 7:48pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Well, I'm still hoping that I got one. If they sold out, well, they sold out.

--
--
--

Old 2008-10-13, 7:58pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I hate to say it Mad Hatter, but you make alot of assumptions and actually make yourself look really bad. This was the first time I ever ordered from them so it's not a popularity contest.

Jenny

Old 2008-10-13, 7:59pm

Well you go ahead and shop away there but this was still a scam and I for one will not be using them for my supplies until I am less angry . You will not convince me that ths was not selective selling and that it was not planned to get more people to shop that day. If you all want to be sucked in by supposed benevilence of this company feel free but I feel that I have been used and I have a totla right to feel that way. Others feel they have a right to complain about whatever company they feel has caused an injustice. I feel that I have a right to point something out that I feel was not right. I don't believe that when you have a very limited supply of something you should make it appear as though you have an abundant supply. My god it was still on their web sight today and I ordered on Saturday because I was contemplating adding to the order. That is 2 days for heavens sake. When I oredered not one person had responded yet to the post. Later when I looked Merry Fool was the !st responder hoping that many had gotten in on the "deal". Tehre is at least one person that posted here that was in the post a bit later than Merry Fool say ing that she got hers. Now do you see why I believe that it was just for selective people? I had ordered at least an hour earlier than that.