Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2013-05-30, 11:19pm
marena40

Exclamation Who wants to participate in the ISGB Gathering Annual Post Card Project!

Hi talented glass bead artists! This is your Post Card Chair, Michelle Arena . I was your Post Card Chair peep three years ago when the Gathering was in Rochester. I'm so excited that we are hosting again this year! I loved chairing the Post Card Project so much last time, I decided to put myself through the tedious journey of pleading and nagging you for postcards of pictures of your beautiful glass artwork once again. I can't stand getting postcards in the mail from all over the world and having to open all the boxes and being the first person to drool over all the gorgeous pictures of your glass work. I'm doomed.
I know - you wish you were me!!
Okay, this is how it works: any one who is a ISGB member can donate 200 - 4.5"x6" postcards of new work of their choice. It can be one picture or several pictures. It can be a single bead or glass work incorporated in another medium. It can be done individually, or as a group or chapter. Any member can participate; new-bees to oldies! Make sure you put your business info or just your name some where on the postcard; most put it on the back. We like to know who you are or where and how to buy your goodies! Then you mail them to me! I get to line them up and package the postcards into gift boxes containing one each of all the postcards I receive. Ya, I know. I'm a lucky girl!

Donators get a free box of postcards and the rest get sold at the Gathering. They go like wild fire; members love to collect pictures of your creations!

Please send your postcards by July 16th to:
Michelle Arena
1550 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14610
mparena@rochester.rr.com

I look forward to lots of packages!

Last edited by Michelle P Arena; 2013-05-30 at 11:23pm.
Old 2013-05-31, 12:17am
kiwi ( new zealand)

i may be in just check prices on 200 posts cards

Geoffery Bunker Glass artist
Live Stream
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

octarockstudio= octopuss sit on a rock studio
Old 2013-05-31, 4:20am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Michelle, I sent mine ages ago - can you let me know if you got them? Pat LeGere

Thanks!

L-111

Old 2013-05-31, 6:23am

Hmmm...I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head. Where can you go to get them made?

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-05-31, 6:27am

Virginia Firebirds is putting together a postcard with member's glass goodies! Looking forward to being part of this project and coming to the Gathering for the first time!
Old 2013-05-31, 8:28am

Duane, there are a lot of online places to get them. Start with Vistaprint. And google postcard printing.
Old 2013-05-31, 5:40pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I've had good results with Gotprint.net - do nice work with turnaround less than 2 weeks. Here's a price breakdown if you just want a few:

Postcards, 4.25x6", 14pt gloss coat with UV, Color front and B/W back, with an instant online proof:

250 cards = $35.25 plus shippng,
500 cards = $45.45 ditto.

Here's what I'm getting this year. I ordered 2000 cards for about $95+ shipping.
Attached Images

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2013-05-31, 7:27pm
Hobby Junkie

Ooooooo! This sounds like fun!

Old 2013-05-31, 9:04pm
marena40

Hi Pat, yes I have received them! You were my very first delivery! Beautiful, of course

Go Virginia Firebirds!!

Last edited by Michelle P Arena; 2013-06-01 at 7:12pm.
Old 2013-06-02, 6:04am

Yes, now I remember! Judging from last year's (schermo) postcards, they do great work! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonP View Post
I've had good results with Gotprint.net - do nice work with turnaround less than 2 weeks. Here's a price breakdown if you just want a few:

Postcards, 4.25x6", 14pt gloss coat with UV, Color front and B/W back, with an instant online proof:

250 cards = $35.25 plus shippng,
500 cards = $45.45 ditto.

Here's what I'm getting this year. I ordered 2000 cards for about $95+ shipping.

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2013-06-11, 12:32pm
Glass Addict

I'm in and sending out postcards today

Old 2013-06-11, 3:20pm
Flame Dames Rule!

My cards arrived while I was at Bead&Button - will mail em out to you this week. They're eye-searing bright, wheeeeeee!

Sharon Peters

Old 2013-06-13, 1:37pm
marena40

Thank you Sharon! Will I need my sun glasses?
Old 2013-06-13, 3:12pm
Flame Dames Rule!

yep!

Sharon Peters