LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-02-15, 9:37pm

Default EDP

I did a search for EDP and couldn't find a thread...

so what are the comments on the NEW edp?

I finally used it yesterday...I love it...IT WILL devitrify...
color is good...I am not sure that I am not just as happy with the original edp...just over the new clear and with the new clear over it.

I tend to torch in fits and starts and lapses.

I have to work on my website....and update my edp tutorial to include the new glass and what to do with the old edp if you still have any...

I have a lentil tutorial that will allow ANYONE to make PERFECT lentils easily!

I am in the process of moving my studio...and just barely got set up this weekend. But did break out the new edp

Pictures soon...so any other comments about the new version? Color is good...but still capable of devit...but not really a problem

Pictures tomorrow...

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2009-02-15, 9:46pm
Scientific Glass Girl

you might want to move this to tips/tricks.. you would probably get more responses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-16, 8:45am

I've been following it as much as I can. Here's what I've concluded.

It can't be confirmed the formula has changed.
It is a hand made reactive glass and sometimes there are little quirps - hiccups - call it what you like.
It happens to the American handmade reactive glass all the time, and it looks like that's what happened here.

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2009-02-16, 10:51am

ahhhhhhhmmmmmm I do believe this glass was made in italy based on an email I sent mike about my discovery that the new clear and edp are a marriage made in heaven...

I need to redo my edp tutorial and I can't do that until I edit my website...well I could...I do have a post here when I discovered the effects of the new efftetre super clear and edp...I will pull it together and get it up as a webpage soon....right now I am trying to find the right place to sell some of my tools
edp next thanks to letting me know

Old 2009-02-16, 11:30am
Scientific Glass Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post
I've been following it as much as I can. Here's what I've concluded.

It can't be confirmed the formula has changed.
It is a hand made reactive glass and sometimes there are little quirps - hiccups - call it what you like.
It happens to the American handmade reactive glass all the time, and it looks like that's what happened here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !ngridh View Post
ahhhhhhhmmmmmm I do believe this glass was made in italy based on an email I sent mike about my discovery that the new clear and edp are a marriage made in heaven...

I need to redo my edp tutorial and I can't do that until I edit my website...well I could...I do have a post here when I discovered the effects of the new efftetre super clear and edp...I will pull it together and get it up as a webpage soon....right now I am trying to find the right place to sell some of my tools
edp next thanks to letting me know
ingridh she was saying that the formula mix ups happen here in the US a lot, not that EDP is made in america. EDP is an italian, effetre color.

Old 2009-02-16, 12:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlivELampworK View Post
ingridh she was saying that the formula mix ups happen here in the US a lot, not that EDP is made in america. EDP is an italian, effetre color.
I reread my post and can see how it might be misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I would imagine it's like baking a cake, there are variables when making something, anything.. you get a measurement half a hair off, the weather is more humid, you stretch it at a slower/faster rate, blah blah blah... and viola - you get the idea...

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2009-02-19, 4:55pm

I can tell you that these rods are quite different. This was based on a strange rod that I picked up and discovered it didn't devitrify....it had a clear center...I then used the EDP with the new effetre super clear and discovered that it quelled the edp from devitrifying....
I suppose if you search for my log in and edp you will find that whole thread...it covers lauscha and other clears...when I have time I will get the whole tutorial up on my website that is at the moment naked...sigh
I will get caught up...I swear )))