LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2021-10-19, 3:10am

Default Please help with Sandblasting question

Hello there I have just recently been getting into sandblasting and had some questions about a resist blasting eyeball pendants. I am looking into some kind of putty like plasticine to mold around the lens of the eyeball to protect that area and Matt out the rest of the pendant. I was just wondering if anyone has used this type of resist or would I be better off trying to use vinyl resist. Only problem with vinyl is some of the eye lenses are small and convex and I don’t know if the vinyl resist would stick well enough. I also make them smaller than the pendants. Like on a troll head pendant the eyes are a lot smaller and I used Silly Putty to cover the eye for that and it worked out okay. Any feedback will be much appreciated thanks so much!! I attached some pics of my pendants to get an idea of what I’m after.
Attached Images

Old 2021-10-19, 6:50am

You could try liquid latex body paint (https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Latex-...-Ammonia-Paint). I've also used nail polish on my etched beads. Nail polish is a pain to get off. You have to soak the bead in acetone polish remover. The liquid latex is painted on then peeled off once it dries.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube: Lampwork Glass Beads by LePoppet
Old 2021-10-19, 7:20am

Smile

Yo Valdesglass…this product is cheap, easily cut and advertises itself THE BEST RESIST, and $8 per foot 15” wide. I’ve not used this but have used thick vinyl which worked fine for my needs.
Here ya go, hope it helps!
Don

Sorry, silly site blocked the URL….search on trentboschtools then sandblasting resist.
Old 2021-11-17, 6:15am

vinyl sheets for cameo or cricut. inexpensive and works well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2021-11-17, 8:27am

If you are blasting soft glass, try the liquid resist sold by “etch-all”, or “liquid Lead” a craft product used to make fake stained glass projects. But if it’s Boro, which will take more blasting before it etches, try butter cut by 3m. It’s tougher to fit on a curved surface, but has more stretch than vinyl. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2022-11-18, 4:42am

Default applysoon143

Thank you so much for the great website. You have all the apk files which is very good to us.

FMWhatsApp APK
FMWhatsApp
FM WhatsApp APK

GBWhatsApp APK
GBWhatsApp
GB WhatsApp APK
Old 2023-10-18, 1:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdesglass View Post
Hello there I have just recently been getting into sandblasting and had some questions about a resist blasting eyeball pendants. I am looking into some kind of putty like plasticine to mold around the lens of the eyeball to protect that area and Matt out the rest of the pendant. I was just wondering if anyone has used this type of resist or would I be better off trying to use vinyl resist. Only problem with vinyl is some of the eye lenses are small and convex and I don’t know if the vinyl resist would stick well enough. I also make them smaller than the pendants. Like on a troll head pendant the eyes are a lot smaller and I used Silly Putty to cover the eye for that and it worked out okay. Any feedback will be much appreciated thanks so much!! I attached some pics of my pendants to get an idea of what I’m after.

Cool pendants, sorry I cannot help you with the question. My apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk