LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-03-02, 5:12am

Default what's with this glass company

ok this is the 2nd or third time i have received an email from jo-del saying they are selling their business..this year they are selling to a company called indian glass or something close to that..are they really selling or is this a way to get sales..they do say if you enter the coupon code you will get 50% off of your order..i really don't need glass but for 50% off i guess i can order..can anybody explain the situation with jo-del???ps the coupon code is
1267510549 if you want to order..i haven't put my order in yet because i can't get the coupon code to work..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-02, 5:15am
Rose colored glasses…√

I want to order, and I've had decent service (shipping was towards the outrageous and slow) but I did get my order (many others didn't). Bottom line. I'm afraid to order. The transparent coral may tip me over the edge.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-03-02, 5:19am
Rose colored glasses…√

and if Tiger & Littlefoot were so well known...why does Google not bring up anything? and why are my usually good memory banks failing?

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-03-02, 5:33am

There are threads on Jo-Del. Please please search for them BEFORE you place an order.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2010-03-02, 5:34am

i have ordered from jo del several times with no problem..i did have 1 problem with the pricing one time..i also thought the shipping was pretty fast..i just want to understand how jo-del keeps getting sold about this time of year for the last several years..i want to place my order BUT the coupon code is not working and giving me the 50% off..jo-del is not good at responding to emails in a timely fashion..

Old 2010-03-02, 5:35am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

run!

Old 2010-03-02, 6:08am

i get why people are saying run etc but i was hoping somebody could explain what's going on??

Old 2010-03-02, 6:22am

the owner of jodel has made up things in the past, including people Who Type Just Like She does. She has a habit of making up odd lots of glass, too-like color variations that aren't really there, which is why she's the only one with that color.

Orders either go just fine with her or go really bad. If there's a problem with your order, that's where difficulty usually begins, and the situation goes way south from there.

If you order from her, make sure it's money you can afford to have held up for a while, in case there is a problem.
Old 2010-03-02, 7:47am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverk47 View Post
i get why people are saying run etc but i was hoping somebody could explain what's going on??
she's a whack job? Just my guess

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-03-02, 7:52am
Tweedle Dumb

I like that she feels the need to point out the couple buying Jo-del are Native American.... And that would matter why?

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-03-02, 8:09am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
I like that she feels the need to point out the couple buying Jo-del are Native American.... And that would matter why?
Heart strings, inherited remorse, increased bottom line.

I call it "The BS = Dollars & Nonsense Factor".

Old 2010-03-02, 9:31am
Hmmmm.....

Or make sure you use a credit card so you can do a chargeback if stuff goes wrong.

I was going to order from her when I was first getting all my glass supplies to start off with. THANK GOD I found threads on here first! I had even called her to place my order, approx. $500.00 and she couldn't even find the time to call me back so I could order it
I ended up ordering from a well known seller and was very happy that I did.

Oh and her crap was supposedly 50% off then and that was LAST AUGUST!!!
I think she is full of shit

My

My

Currently on a HotHead w/ Bulk Propane, can't wait till I can use my Cricket!
Old 2010-03-02, 9:39am

And if you do get your stuff, be prepared to soak the smoke smell out of it forever....
(and possibly other things as well....)

I'd get my Lauscha from Grace in canada, or Reenie in California, or Paula in CT...they *all* have Lauscha, all carry the special colors when they can get them (Grace specializes in Pinks!, Paula had several shades last year that no one else had as well ) & will ship you your glass in sparkly, well packaged, clean packaging without hassle!

I work too hard for my grocery money to have it go "missing" or end up being a "mislabled-made-up-photoshopped color" when I manage to scrape out a few dollars for a bit of glass!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-03-02, 10:44am
Salt Box Beads

D*e*l*e*t*e button for those e-mails when they show up or just block them and send to spam folders.

Lorraine
Old 2010-03-02, 12:00pm

Monique does have some old Lauscha colors that have never been remade.
But you do need to research before you buy...

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-03-02, 12:29pm
Bad Cat Glass

All of what's been said has been true for me. I ordered from her a few times without a problem other than having packages that smelled like smoke, but when I did have a problem, it took forever to get it resolved. I wouldn't order from her again...too many "issues."
Old 2010-03-02, 1:11pm
Bad Cat Glass

Just out of curiosity, where are the older posts. I have searched under jo-del and jo-del glass and can't find any of them.
Old 2010-03-02, 1:27pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

search jodel

Old 2010-03-02, 2:02pm

well people sure do have a definite opinion about jodel..it's just hard to walk away with the prices being what they are..

Old 2010-03-02, 2:21pm
The Andrea Half

So many people (including me) have had such bad experiences with this company -- run away, FAST. If your email has a filtering tool, or your mail reader does (like Thunderbird does) just set their emails to go directly to the trash.

Old 2010-03-02, 4:14pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

I only bought from Jo-Del once. Once was enough. I'm more of a lurker than a poster usually (I'm the quiet shy type even on message boards. LOL) , but this is one topic that encourages me to post. My one experience with her was not good. I bought my very first lampworking supplies from her when I started beadmaking back in 2004. My order was incomplete, took forever to arrive, and I had a heck of a time getting the things she had left out. That also took weeks! There was always an excuse. The rods were dirty and everything smelled like smoke.

So I agree with what most people are saying- Run!! It's not worth the misery.
Old 2010-03-02, 7:21pm
It's all about the color.

The last time I ordered through Jodel and paid through Paypal she also charged my CC which she had on record. Took a while to get that order, and the double charge resolved. Till then I was her biggest supporter. Did I mention that it was the last time I ordered from her.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-03-02, 10:59pm
And silence is golden

I normally get an email announcing her sales. Didn't get one this time. I noticed very few items on sale on the website. Didn't see the usual 50% sale postings either.
Old 2010-03-03, 12:05am
Hmmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverk47 View Post
well people sure do have a definite opinion about jodel..it's just hard to walk away with the prices being what they are..
The prices may "look good", but if you never get your items, it isn't worth the other 50% that you paid her! It's also not worth the wait, the hassle if you don't get everything you ordered, and the smoke smell that I have heard everyone say.

If you want a good deal, shop at Frantz, they are always fast, well packaged, and super nice to deal with. Plus the sale prices there are awesome! They might not be 50% off, but the service makes up for that.

I also liked ArrowSprings, but they did leave out items because they were out of stock, but no one told me before they did my order. It was my first purchase to start doing glass and the stuff they didn't send was stuff I absolutely needed, like my diddy glasses.
But they were still super nice and shipped fast.

My

My

Currently on a HotHead w/ Bulk Propane, can't wait till I can use my Cricket!
Old 2010-03-03, 12:40am
one day at a time

One thing I love about JameyLynn from Howaco glass is that she updates her website often and if something is out of stock she will state so on the item listing. If she is out of stock on something, she will call you or email if she has to.

One time she called me to see if I needed any Uroboros clear because it showed out of stock on her site, and she just got it in an hour before she made her call to me. I didn't try to order any, but she just knew I probably would have. I did then get to add the clear to my order, and that was great! Talk about fantastic customer service!
Old 2010-03-03, 1:11am

You have been given several good reasons not to order and all of them are from legitimate people. I personally will not order from her, that is my choice. You have been informed and I invite you to make your own decision.
Jen
Old 2010-03-03, 8:23am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

and then if you order from her and don't get your stuff, we'll all laugh and point at you

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2010-03-03, 8:25am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
and then if you order from her and don't get your stuff, we'll all laugh and point at you
You just described my world...

Old 2010-03-03, 8:53am
Pyromaniac

You guys can point and laugh at me. I got burned by Corina, so what did I do? I ordered something from Jo-del. I guess I figured lightning wouldn't strike twice.

Nevertheless, I still believe in giving people a chance. Just not THOSE people... They had theirs.

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2010-03-03, 8:56am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I agree with giving people a chance too but I am of the "screw me once, shame on you - screw me twice, shame on me" persuasion

DOG is my co-pilot