Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Old 2011-04-14, 9:19pm

Default The Making of a "Star"

Now available.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/72190719...ad?ref=pr_shop

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-14, 11:55pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Looks wonderful!! Can't wait to try her...thanks...
Old 2011-04-15, 2:52am
Hobby Junkie

Ooooo! I will definitely have to pick this up on payday!

Btw.... I think that is the first time I ever saw a drill bit listed in the required tools for a lamp work tut. Lol!

Old 2011-04-15, 4:28am

I just got mine, can't wait to get it, I just love your fishes! happy dance!
Old 2011-04-15, 6:04am

I have been waiting for this one for a long time!!
Old 2011-04-15, 7:30am

Thank you everyone I have been thinking about this for a long time and finally did something about it.

Cori, that is a very technical and hard to find tool

Old 2011-04-15, 7:59am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Is the file sent separately?
Old 2011-04-15, 8:10am

I'm not sure I understand your question. It is a PDF file that is sent through email. I am off to Etsy to send some out. If you ordered and didn't get it you will very soon. I posted this late last night so I have to play catch-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittypat View Post
Is the file sent separately?

Old 2011-04-15, 8:22am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hi Cynthia, no problem. I know I ordered it very late last night. When I got the Etsy statement and thank you, I kept looking and thought I had missed it somehow. Thanks.
Can you tell I want to make one now???? LOL
Old 2011-04-15, 8:49am

Pat, you should have it now. Now quit wasting time and go make one

Old 2011-04-15, 9:29am
Always with a smile!

Awesome, I just paid, can't wait for it to arrive via email!

) and
)
Old 2011-04-15, 9:33am

Thank you Jill. I just heard my email chime (LOL)! I'll send it right now.

Old 2011-04-15, 10:04am

Got to say, I just read it through and it looks wonderful!!
Old 2011-04-15, 10:05am

Thank you Cynthia it´s awesome,
Angela
Old 2011-04-15, 11:42am

OMG. I have been looking at your fish like forever!!! Not sure that I am advanced enough yet to try this, but I want to have it on hand when I think I can give it a try, (in private, when everyone is asleep).

Purchased and drooling while waiting for the file. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Old 2011-04-15, 1:34pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

OKkkkk Cynthia...I got it!! Took grandson to the park and just got home. Am now going to download and print, read 5 or 10 times, then get in there!! I promise!!
Old 2011-04-15, 2:29pm
Always with a smile!

I got it and I've already made 4!!!!! I love it thank you!! It was so much fun to play with

) and
)
Old 2011-04-15, 4:56pm

Wow, you made 4? That's awesome. I want to see I'm glad you all like it. I really stress when I do these tutorials. I guess that's why I don't do to many. I just really want to make it so it is crystal clear and that is what I strive for. I wish I could show all of you in person but I can't so I try to make the tutorial very accurate. I hope I did that.

Old 2011-04-15, 5:52pm

I got mine and it is very well written and crystal clear. I haven't attempted it yet but hope to tomorrow. I have read that thing over and over again and made them in my head over and over again now to see if I can do it for real
Old 2011-04-15, 6:27pm

Thank you Donna for the feedback. That is the best way. Make it in your head. That is exactly what I do.

Old 2011-04-15, 7:54pm
Burnt Wood Beads

Oh Cynthia...you're just evil!!! LOL....I WAS trying to NOT buy any tutorials for a while....well, I just have no willpower when it comes to this one! LOL

Looks fantastic!!!

Old 2011-04-15, 8:34pm

Thanks Julie. I hope you love it

Old 2011-04-16, 6:58am
Burnt Wood Beads

keep telling myself...MUST....Wait till payday!

Old 2011-04-16, 7:48am

Don't worry Julie. It will be here. Hopefully, you have all of the tools and the glass color you need and all you will need is the tut.

Old 2011-04-16, 1:09pm
Lover of all things color

I've loved these little fish ladies for so long, thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. Can't wait to get it.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2011-04-16, 7:41pm
I need more boro stuff

Cynthia, do I need vetro light ivory for this tutorial?

Old 2011-04-16, 8:18pm

Yunita. I do use Vetrofond but you don't have too. It's very hard to come by these days. Some suggestions for substitutions are Tongue Pink, Opal Yellow, CIM Butter Pecan and....oh I can't think of the name...Oh...Uranium Yellow. My friend John made one just today with the Opal Yellow and it looked really nice.

Old 2011-04-16, 8:49pm

I want to see Jill's and John's. Please????

Old 2011-04-16, 9:13pm
Otter

Ok you want to hear about pressure. I am in my gallery today about 5 minutes into making my first Star-(Fish) and in walks Cynthia. Man try to make one and have the master looking over your shoulder. I was sweating that one out. Good thing she likes my little dog so he distracted her and I got the little fish done and in the kiln.

She will be out of the kiln in the morning and I will post a pic in a day or two.

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2011-04-17, 10:34am

That's funny, John.
I'll be looking forward to your pic!