AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-01-02, 12:20pm
Burning Fingers!

Default A Trio of Trees - tutorial now ready!

Well, it is finally ready - wow that was a lot of work- phew!

This is the Etsy listing:

"This is a step by step EBook tutorial, giving instructions on how to make a glass/lampwork tree bead. The tutorial gives instructions, recipes and lots of photographs for the construction of the three tree beads shown.

There is also a small gallery with other tree beads for your inspiration.

The glass used is all COE 104, and is easy to obtain. The tools needed are all basic lampwork tools along with a press of some kind to give you a fairly flat surface to create the tree on.

The tutorial has 41 pages and 68 photographs, plus the gallery photographs. It is approx. 1.24 MB in size, and will require an Adobe Acrobat Reader to open.

This tutorial is intended for intermediate to advanced lampworker skills, however a beginner with a bit of experience should find the information useful. "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Old 2012-01-02, 5:31pm
Fire!! Wait...it's good.

How much is your tutorial? It's sold out in your store.

Minor and Oxy Con with AF3P Kiln
Old 2012-01-02, 5:55pm
Burning Fingers!

Sorry, I ran to town. It is $22.00 and is now re-stocked.
Thanks!

/
/
/

Old 2012-01-02, 6:06pm
Glass Addict

I just bought mine!! Yippee!!! Thanks so much!!

Old 2012-01-02, 6:32pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Joy, I hope you have fun making a "forest" of tree beads!

/
/
/

Old 2012-01-04, 9:14am
Burning Fingers!

Thanks so much to all those who have purchased my tutorial. They have all been sent out now, so let me know if you haven't received your copy.
I would love to see some of the trees you make.

/
/
/

Old 2012-01-04, 1:55pm
Burning Fingers!

If there is a "Sherry F" out there from Dunedin, Florida who has their email with verizon - I can't seem to be able to get your email to accept the tutorial - please contact me with an alternative email address. Thanks.

Edited - OK - found her.

/
/
/

Last edited by Jane P; 2012-01-05 at 7:41pm.
Old 2012-01-06, 6:46pm

Just ordered your tutorial, I can not wait to try this.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Old 2012-01-06, 6:51pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks kwelna - I have sent it out - have fun!

/
/
/

Old 2012-02-16, 6:48am
BabblingBeads

Just ordered your tutorial awhile back and finally got to play with trees. Here is my first try. These are fun to make. Can't wait to try more. I have some ideas floating in my noggin

Name:  DSCN1575.JPG
Views: 1116
Size:  51.3 KB
Old 2012-02-16, 10:19am
Burning Fingers!

Thanks so much for posting your tree Jill - you are doing great! I would love to see your others when they are done.

Hopefully other folks will show their results soon too

/
/
/

Old 2012-02-16, 11:11am
FatCat Mama

I love this tutorial, and have read it through at least 10 times. I haven't made any trees yet, but I did make a load of the faux Wedgewood cane and have played a little with it on Periwinkle.

Most important thing I learned is that I need to pull the stringers much finer. This bead is only about 3/4" high, but I think the thinner stringer will help to keep the design from looking so clunky. The stringer I used was the thinnest I originally pulled, and now think I'll save that size for the trunk. The rest of the stringer ( a bunch!) I plan to pull down.

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2012-02-16, 1:12pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Teri - I would love to see the trees when you make them.

/
/
/

Old 2012-03-25, 3:44pm

Nice tutorial Jane Thanks JJ
Old 2012-03-25, 5:41pm
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

so pretty

~~
~~
Old 2012-03-30, 6:44pm
Burning Fingers!

I would love to see some more trees made using the tutorial.

/
/
/

Old 2012-06-18, 7:08pm

Jane, thanks again for this tutorial! I'm just coming off of about 6 months of boro, switching back to soft glass and making these trees made me very happy the past 2 days. Such fun to do!
I know I'm late to the party but oh well. Tomorrow I'm thinking chickens!

These are 2 I made yesterday, the Frosty morning ones, and 2 from today. I'm thinking about not etching the autumn tree, definitely not the other one.
Sorry about the mandrels (not to mention the bad pic), I was excited.

Old 2012-06-18, 8:07pm
Burning Fingers!

Those have turned out great Rebecca - I love the autumn one!
Thanks so much for posting the pictures.

/
/
/