No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-03-09, 5:03pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewlie beads View Post
I wondered the same thing before I made the bracelet. I had to be careful not to hammer the center part of the tubing that the wire ran through as much as the rest of the tubing. I just hammered along the edges to hold the wire in the center and finished the rest by hammering with the ball end of my hammer and only lightly hammering the center to dent but not flatten it. It seemed pretty sturdy when I was finished.
I didn't realize that was made with tubing! I guess it probably wouldn't work well for metal stamping then since it would be an uneven surface, what do you think Julie?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jenny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-03-09, 8:03pm

I also was going to tell you that it is easy peasy to solder. You have to have some copper solder also to use. I have some if you want to try it. I use a plumbers torch to solder silver also.
Also you can go to Youtube on how to solder. It is really easy. Graduated today to an actalene torch. Worked great.
Love all of the tuts that were mentioned. So yes. They would be awesome.

Rose Leslie
Old 2010-03-09, 9:58pm
The Andrea Half

Thanks, Jewlie! That makes sense. You might be ableto stamp it after it has been flattened, but it is not 100% even.

Silver soldering is fairly easy, but I have had trouble with copper. I've used silver solder and then copper plated the solder. At ganoksin they say you can use a pre-1981 copper penny, flattened and cut into paillons.

Old 2010-03-17, 9:38am
OY and Psyche Junkie

I'd love to see something with rings also!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-03-17, 10:17am
Happy Beadmaker!

Hey, Julie, are you planning a tutorial for the Fern earrings? Lovelovelove them!

Just wonder'n!!!

~
~
~
Old 2010-03-29, 1:41pm

Ok! I did the Heart Earrings, the Fern Earrings, and now I'm working on the hammered Paisleys.
Thank you everyone!
If you have anymore ideas, just send them my way!

My Facebook
Old 2010-04-02, 7:03pm

The Paisley Earring Tutorial is ready and listed. Thanks eveyone!

My Facebook
Old 2010-04-02, 7:05pm
Broken

Jewlie's tutorial is amazing! I got a wonderful goodie package today and I'm going to try my tutorial next week, I cant wait!