LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2010-06-22, 9:15am
Creatrixie

Super cute and helpful, Lori! Makes me all fired up to pull out my Lori&Kim murrini again on my next torching session...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-06-22, 10:38am
Smile, it's contagious!

Thanks for making the tutorial! I wouldn't worry about how your voice sounds... we all sound different to ourselves than we do to other people. Your voice sounds "happy" to me, which really fits in with who you are.

I agree with you about using a soft clear to encase the murrini. It makes a WORLD of difference if you are encasing them while they are raised.

I'm not sure how you are able to pick up the murrini so quickly & easily with your tweezers though! I have mine sitting on my torch mounted marver, so they get preheated while I'm working... but I have a hell of a time grabbing the little boogers. I've sent them flying all over the studio. Probably cuz I mostly use the mini ones.

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2010-06-22, 10:39am

Thank you sooo much for sharing.
I love your beads and it is very generous of you to share your technique. And to top it of with a youtube-video..... you´re the best.

R#115
Old 2010-06-22, 11:05am
flight risk

Thanks so much for sharing this! These beads make me happy!

Old 2010-06-22, 12:31pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

YAY! I am so glad you guys are enjoying it!!!

Gelly - 1. I have applied 1,156,324 murrini. 2. I have only one pair of tweezers I can do it with. 3. I employ the liberal use of reading glasses.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-06-22, 1:20pm
I speak Murrini!

Hey...Is anyone going to show what they've made using this great tutorial? I've used this same method for single, double and of course "tri" (three dot) beadie "spinners" in the past; I'd love to see how these are going for others.

Maybe someone should start a Gallery post dedicated to "Lori's Candy Jacks Tutorial - Show 'Em Here" Thread (wink...NUDGE!!!)

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-06-22, 1:37pm
I speak Murrini!

OK...I couldn't help myself - I started a Gallery Thread! http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...80#post3088080

Please show me what you've done with this cool Tutorial, OK?

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-06-22, 1:48pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

WOOHOO! I'm so glad you shared - that's just awesome of you!

Old 2010-06-22, 2:16pm

Thank you Lori! This is awesome!

Old 2010-06-22, 2:27pm
Mama said

Reason #357 why I love Loribeads!
Old 2010-06-22, 2:38pm
Peerless Thread Killer

Lori,
Thanks for sharing this awesome tutorial! You are really sweet, and have such yummy murrini!

Old 2010-06-22, 5:02pm
Mad about Glass

Thanks for your generosity Lori.

[url]

Old 2010-06-22, 5:09pm
Lover of Life

Wow, those are great! Thanks so much for sharing your talent in so many ways!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2010-06-22, 5:44pm
Remember to keep smiling

This looks like so much fun. Thank you so much for sharing this.

SRA#P109
Old 2010-06-22, 8:26pm
NW Oregon

I've never seen these before. I love how bright and cheerful your example is. This would be a fun antidote to our really icky weather. I just heard today that we (here in Oregon) have had 3 clear days since March 21st! Right now, the weather people are calling this month June-uary.

Thanks Lori for this tutorial. And, since I don't like to make murrini, I'm going to check your website.

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2010-06-22, 10:11pm
Enjoying Life!

I just found this. Thanks so much! I Love your candy jacks! I have lots of your murrini to play with too!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-06-23, 6:53am

wow! how stinkin' cute are those?? going to have to give this a shot later! thanks for the tut!

Old 2010-06-23, 10:24am
Glass my new Obsession

Those are adorable

Old 2010-06-23, 12:00pm
Crispy Critter

Oh, I love your jack beads! Thank you for this tute. I can't wait to try this with the murrini I bought from y'all. 3 more hours at work, and then I'm heading for the torch. Woot!

Old 2010-06-23, 2:40pm

Thank you Lori...these are so cute!!
Old 2010-06-23, 3:20pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Squeeee! I have 3 jacks in the kiln! It's a great way to use the murrini colors that I can't or don't plan to use in my regular bead making sessions. I'm just plucking out 3 murrini from the "extras" baggie and those are the 3 that I use for that jack.

I can't wait till tomorrow when I can see how they really look! I'm gettin' the hang of it now! Thanks again Lori, you rock!

Old 2010-06-23, 7:11pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I can't wait to see!!!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-06-23, 8:52pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

Lori, thanks so much for doing this tutorial! I've been drooling over those candy jacks ever since you posted them in the Gallery. Love the colors - perfect for fun summer beads! I agree with Donna that I would have paid for this tutorial too! You're so generous to put this together for us. Wish I didn't have to wait until Friday to make beads!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2010-06-23, 9:01pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I'm in heaven!!! I've been wanting to make these ever since I saw them. Thank you so much for your generosity!!

Jenny

Old 2010-06-23, 9:17pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I have 5 jacks in the kiln! I had to quit early today to get ready for my sons' HS gradutation, but they got easier as I went along. Tomorrow is "jack" day!!

Old 2010-06-24, 8:31am
Anyone need some spacers?

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Old 2010-06-24, 10:01am

Thanks soooooo much for taking the time to do this for us to enjoy, Lori!
Old 2010-06-24, 6:37pm

Thank you, Lori, for sharing the technique. Can't wait to get on the torch to try this out. What a great idea of using those pretty murrini.

Grace Hobbs
Old 2010-06-28, 9:58am
Cancer SUCKS!

Here is my MUST HAVE tool when applying murrini. I use the tweezers for applying the murrini and the paddle on the end to lightly push the murrini flat.

LOVE THEM! I think Michaels and Joanns also sells them.

http://www.amazon.com/Beading-Tweeze.../dp/B00153LU9Q

Old 2010-06-28, 11:17am
Hmmmm.....

I sooooo NEED a bag of the "mini-whatever" mix! I tried to do a couple of these on a hot head and it took me forever trying to do the encasement On the plus side, they make me smile every time I look at them!
I Lori&Kim Murrini!!!

Thanks so much for the tute!! I wasn't doing it the right way, this should make it a tad easier for me, you guys ROCK!

My

My

Currently on a HotHead w/ Bulk Propane, can't wait till I can use my Cricket!