Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-02-02, 1:00am

Default anyone been to Pilchuck?

I'm hoping to take a class with Carmen Lozar in Pilchuck end of August, if I'm lucky and there is room ... Has anyone studied there? or with Carmen? please share!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ebay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2013-02-03, 12:23am

bumping this up. no one been to pilchuck?

ebay

New Etsy shop!
Old 2013-02-03, 11:34am
critter creator

It's on my list to see someday!

Carmen Lozar is one of my favs, and she's been very nice the couple times I've briefly talked to her in person. I'm sure that you'll have a blast!

PS - I think today is a bad day for responses to things, most people here in the U.S. are watching the Super Bowl (or getting ready to? I have no idea when it starts, LOL! )
Old 2013-02-03, 1:17pm

thanks for the info! and I had no idea about the Super Bowl!

ebay

New Etsy shop!
Old 2013-02-03, 1:19pm
Sam I Am

Carmen Lozar is going to be teaching at Pilchuck- I Must go see when.
I have not been to Pilchuck but know a couple of people who have It was a game changer for them. It is on my list of things to do. Just not this year but......

Old 2013-02-03, 1:50pm

Her workshop is scheduled August 15 - 30th. I hope I get in as I understand it's a lottery system till the class fills, and then you're on a waiting list.

ebay

New Etsy shop!
Old 2013-03-16, 1:39am
aka Deborah Spence

Did you get in?

Old 2013-03-16, 5:14am

I did get in, but didn't get a scholarship which I was hoping would help pay....have one week to decide what to do.

ebay

New Etsy shop!
Old 2013-03-16, 8:02am
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelle View Post
I did get in, but didn't get a scholarship which I was hoping would help pay....have one week to decide what to do.
Cool you got in, congrats! I'm waitlisted. I hope you can make it work, I'm sure it is an artistic life changing experience. . Best of luck!!

Deb

Old 2013-03-16, 1:50pm

thanks Deb! If I decide not to go, does that mean you might get in?

ebay

New Etsy shop!
Old 2013-03-16, 1:59pm
aka Deborah Spence

I didn't get a wait list number so I don't know where I am on the list but everyone who declines does get me closer, I just don't know how much closer. I thought I'd call in a couple weeks to see where I am on the wait list.

It's a big expense... I can't imagine traveling from Israel on top of that. Bummer you didn't get the scholarship.

Old 2013-03-17, 10:10am

Deb, I've decided not to go this time. so perhaps it's your turn! good luck!

ebay

New Etsy shop!
Old 2013-03-17, 11:03am
aka Deborah Spence

Oh... I'm truly sorry you can't go this time. I'll let you know if I get in but I think many will have to decline before I'm bumped into a seat.

Thanks for letting me know. Too bad a person with a seat can't give it to someone but somehow I think that would turn into something akin to selling your own kidney. lol

Take Care,
Deb

Old 2013-06-08, 2:59pm
burnin' glass just becuz

Rachelle, sorry to hear yr not coming.

Deb, I got into Carmen's class - i'm soooo excited - 2wks at a remote artists retreat studying glass seems like the most decadent dream!! Do let me know if you get in as well. I'm thinking of flying in a couple days early and sightseeing a bit the weekend before.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2013-06-08, 3:09pm
aka Deborah Spence

Hi Evelyn... I did get in, told Rachelle in PM but forgot to post here. I will be there early too visiting friends. Let's PM... . I hear what you said below. It's a dream come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewdb View Post
Rachelle, sorry to hear yr not coming.

Deb, I got into Carmen's class - i'm soooo excited - 2wks at a remote artists retreat studying glass seems like the most decadent dream!! Do let me know if you get in as well. I'm thinking of flying in a couple days early and sightseeing a bit the weekend before.