Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2013-01-12, 10:03pm

Smile Studio Progress!

The insulation went up this afternoon...

crappy image, sorry. This wall was framed in a few weeks ago and then the dry wall was installed day before yesterday... the third bay in a three car garage is morphing into my studio!

this is the dry wall up, still have to tape and mud...

the repurposed door... the roll up door will be replaced with either a french door or slider (whatever fits and repurposed)

one very messy glass bench...

another mess...

and even more messy stuff!
Old 2013-01-12, 10:22pm
Loving learning

Looks like it will soon be a studio, yea!
Old 2013-01-12, 11:59pm
Pyro Tyro

Very exciting Enjoy

- Jill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-01-13, 6:53am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

It's less than a year ago I was working on mine - it's SO much fun! I still get a thrill every time I walk in there, just having a space that's mine all mine and exactly how I want it! It's so worth the work and the wait!

And good taste in kilns - here's mine!

L-111

Old 2013-01-13, 9:43am

I love my AIM kiln!

Kirsti
Old 2013-01-13, 5:35pm

So I've been out in the studio space doing some cleaning of the huge mess, using the shop vac to suck up years of dust, cat hair, goose feathers (my geese loved to hang in the garage), dead flies and sppppiiiiddderrr webs. I've found some stuff I totally don't remember even ordering! A box with wine stoppers, bead pens, candle sticks for beads, another box with enamels and one with frit. And then there are the 8X13" cake pans and boxes full of moretti rods, ends, twisties and stringers that I took, at dad's insisting, from mom's studio. A 5" note book full of pictures of everyone's (every glass bead maker) beads that mom found to be inspirational. Another note book full of paint chips, paper, fabric that I started oh so many years ago as inspiration. A package of 1/16th stainless welding rod, my grandfather's router and a box of bits, a box of misc. tiles, a LARGE box full of plastic hangers (hate 'em ) that went directly into the garbage. I'm tellin' ya, that shop vac can really suck stuff up! Twice I had to pull my vest out of the hose...
Old 2013-01-19, 7:22am

Yea!! Wonderful progress. Enjoy!!!!
Old 2013-01-20, 11:14am

Still waiting on the boys to finish hanging the dry wall. With multiple shoulder surgeries and then back surgery, I can't lift or even move a sheet of dry wall so a lift wouldn't be much help. Single digit temps and me back to work fulltime has slowed the progress. I'm on call this weekend so I don't think it would look quite right to show up at dying patient's home covered in dust and spider webs
Old 2013-01-29, 5:00am
kiwi ( new zealand)

here my rebuild so far its going well still got more stuff to get here
Attached Images