Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-01-26, 4:45pm
Superkitty

Barb, I am camping the weekend of Aug. 21st. We are a difficult bunch to accommodate, aren't we! lol!
Old 2010-01-26, 7:29pm
Eight Miles Wide

at least we have a while to hash it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-26, 9:29pm
Superkitty

Barb,

Oops, our family camping trip is the weekend of Aug. 14th, not the 21st.
Old 2010-01-27, 6:26am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by giapet View Post
Okay I heard Dawn say the gizmo word!

What one are you talking about?

It's a wire wrapping tool that really works. I bought one from Sharlyn because she had 2 of them. It makes really nice coils. Here is a link to what it is and what it can do: http://www.coilinggizmo.com/econo.htm

Everyone have a Great Day!

Dawn

Old 2010-01-29, 5:42am
Eight Miles Wide

Cristabman's Treasure bracelet she will be demo-ing at Laura Lou's in February - this is also on the 1st page of this thread:

Cord
4 ply waxed linen, any color
20 yards for bracelet, 30 yards for necklace
OR
#18 bonded nylon cord, any color
20 yards for bracelet, 30 yards for necklace
AND IF YOU CHOOSE
2 skeins perle cotton to match or contrast cord above. You can also omit this completely.

Beads
Anything that can fit 2 passes of your chosen cord. It’s ok to have a few beads that will fit 1 pass of your cord. Feel free to mix up your beads! This is a good place to use up wonkies or orphans. Have plenty of plain filler beads such as seed beads 8’s or 10’s. plan to use some lightweight beads – lots of glass beads can make a bracelet too heavy.

I flat button, shank button or flat bead to use as a toggle.

Board to pin into – like a macramé board or small pillow.

Large straight pins – like quilters pins or T pins

Kumihimo bobbins or rubber bands.

Scissors

Fray check if you have it.

I have made a bunch of these – some way way long ago. I originally used a figure 8 stitch for the base of the bracelet. I still like this stitch because it eliminated the twist of the macramé stitch. The macramé bracelets are really cool too – so I will show you both stitches and you can decide.

There is only one simple stitch and the technique is easy to learn. It is a good- in-front of the tv- project.

Sources:
Waxed linen – Kzoo bead store, Hollanders in Ann Arbor,
http://www.royalwoodltd.com/cat14-17ar.htm
Bonded nylon - http://www.landofodds.com/servlet/Ca...-LON:BEAD+CORD, Bead quest?
Perle cotton – Michaels or Hobby Lobby
Don’t stress over the cord. You can use anything that doesn’t stretch and will fit through most beads 2 times. Waxed linen comes in several sizes – get the 4 ply. We might need to do a group purchase.

Kumihimo bobbins- These are soft plastic bobbins that hold cord for humihimo. Rubber bands will also work just fine. http://www.braidershand.com/disk.html#ez

Go through your bead box! Mix and match! Go wild and Crazy!

PM me with questions-

It’ll be a blast!

Crista

Old 2010-01-29, 5:50am
Eight Miles Wide

duh. pictures.

Name:  t-2.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  t 1.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  60.8 KB

Old 2010-01-31, 12:37am

Default Hey all!!

Cecelia here!! Nice to see so many from my area!! Whoohooo....I hope I can join in...these hours I work so bite into my torching time!! lol....give me a hollar if anyone in Battle Creek wants to get together!!

"Don't Worry, Bead Happy"

Old 2010-02-02, 11:40am
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

bumping up for an easier find.

Old 2010-02-02, 7:47pm
Eight Miles Wide

Can't wait to meet you, Cecelia!

Miss you bunches, Sandy!

Old 2010-02-03, 3:56pm
I have beady eyes

Anyone free for a Battle Creek dinner tomorrow night-Thurs 2/4? Seems like it has been soooo long.
Old 2010-02-07, 8:37am
Eight Miles Wide

Two weeks!

Old 2010-02-12, 5:27am
Eight Miles Wide

one week! What's everybody going to bring to eat?

Old 2010-02-12, 10:15am
Superkitty

I'm hoping to make it again. I'm in my usual "waiting to see how the weather is going to be" mode. lol!
Old 2010-02-12, 12:56pm

I wish I could be there, but we're going to be chasing some sunshine in Arizona. I know you'll have a great time. If anyone takes notes on making the spikey beads and treasure bracelet, I"d love to have them!

Sharlyn
Old 2010-02-14, 10:01am

If I come, it will not be until later in the afternoon. Gotta work on Saturday....going through a conversion this weekend. I have to be there at noon to do some testing. Hopefully everything will be A-OK and I can be there by 3:00.

Old 2010-02-15, 2:55pm
Eight Miles Wide

Please note that metal Camp has been moved to September.

Old 2010-02-15, 4:09pm
Superkitty

Thanks for the update Gatekeeper!

As long as the weather holds, I'm bringing brownies on Saturday!

Have fun in Arizona, Sharlyn! I hope it is warmer there than it was in Florida!
Old 2010-02-16, 7:13am
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
Please note that metal Camp has been moved to September.
OOPS!
Hello Group
Please be aware that April will be held at Sandra's of Simply Us Beads.
I am still hosting the Metal Camp here at Hodunk Hollow but needed to move it to September.
Both are in Coldwater.

Old 2010-02-16, 3:26pm
the Evil One

Bite my a$$ all of you who are enjoying sun and warmth. May you all sunburn your a$$. LOL
You could say I'm jealous!

Last edited by Simply Us; 2010-02-16 at 4:27pm.
Old 2010-02-16, 4:27pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Us View Post
Bite my a$$ all of you who are enjoying sun and warmth. May you all sunburn your a$$. LOL

Old 2010-02-16, 5:29pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Us View Post
You could say I'm jealous!
Sandra, bottling up all of your emotions is really not healthy. Don't hold back. Let us know how you really feel!
Old 2010-02-16, 6:24pm
the Evil One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Sandra, bottling up all of your emotions is really not healthy. Don't hold back. Let us know how you really feel!
The other Sandra told me I couldn't post that but an irrestible urge came over me thinking of warmth and sun.

Old 2010-02-16, 9:07pm
Superkitty

Old 2010-02-17, 3:11pm

Will Tracy (bead_bug) demo her macrame bracelets? If so what do we need?

Michelle

Old 2010-02-17, 6:55pm
I have beady eyes

Michelle- Tracy will be having fun without us in Florida. I was drafted/volunteered to do the bracelet. The supply list is in the backyard thread post #153 (page 6, I think). Don't buy much - we can make do with what you have -
Old 2010-02-17, 8:15pm

What time are we meeting on Sat?? I can't wait!

Caroline
Old 2010-02-18, 6:36am
Enjoying Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinesbeads View Post
What time are we meeting on Sat?? I can't wait!

Caroline
Meeting at noon.
Also, I have some of the cording used for these bracelets. I bought lots of different colors on a whim last year. So if anyone needs some, I'll share!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-02-18, 10:22am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristabman View Post
Michelle- Tracy will be having fun without us in Florida. I was drafted/volunteered to do the bracelet. The supply list is in the backyard thread post #153 (page 6, I think). Don't buy much - we can make do with what you have -
It's also on page 1 in this thread.

Old 2010-02-18, 10:23am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLou View Post
Meeting at noon.
Also, I have some of the cording used for these bracelets. I bought lots of different colors on a whim last year. So if anyone needs some, I'll share!
cool, I keep fogetting to buy some.

Old 2010-02-18, 3:45pm
Eight Miles Wide

I finally figured out what I'm going to bring - the birthday cake!