Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-10-22, 4:51pm

Bumping this up in time for the holidays! Just ordered and can't wait to play.
Old 2010-10-26, 12:09pm

I got Shawn's tutorial last year and really enjoyed it. Very well put together and you can get great results in a short amount of time. I gave some of the icicles I made to neighbors as gifts and they loved them. Already making more for this year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela Kane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2010-10-26, 1:33pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Thanks for the great review Angela.

They are a fun thing to make at the holiday time. I sell a ton of them but I give a lot of them away to friends and family also.
The great thing about giving them away is I just got a order yesterday for 20 of them to someone I gave one to last year as a gift. You can't buy that kind of product placement with the small amount of cost and time involved.

Old 2010-10-29, 4:28pm

Hi

I bought this tutorial earlier this week and finally had a chance to play tonight.

Thanks to the very clear instructions and accompanying photos my first attempts are not bad all things considered, although my very first one is going into my personal glass chamber of horrors .I will try to post some pix over the weekend

This is a small but perfectly formed tutorial and a bargain to boot.

Thanks Shawn.

Rob.

p.s. if you don't mind me asking, how much do you charge for your icicles?

Last edited by Bobbo; 2010-10-29 at 4:35pm.
Old 2010-11-02, 5:04pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Rob,
Glad you have enjoyed the tutorial and hope you have had good results with the icicles after the first one. You did make me as I also have my own personal glass horrors, I think we all have.
Most of the time I water anneal mine.

Sorry I missed the P.S. part of your post.
I do change the price I charge depending on what kind of venue I am at. I understand this might sound odd to some, but think of it like this. If I am at a gallery type show or upper end show I sell them at higher price then I do if I have set up a table for a few hour during the holiday at my kids school for the teachers.
So with that said, I sell them between 8.00-12.00 each.
Know your market and you should do well.

Old 2010-11-13, 12:21pm

Hey Shawn-I need to take pics but I am getting a nice pile of icicles together for my next show. Thanks so much for all the help!
Old 2010-11-16, 9:31pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Mary, I am glad I could help and I can't wait to see the icicles you have made. I hope they sell well at your upcoming shows.

I have been very busy making them also.
So far in the last week I have taken orders for 100 of them. I told a friend yesterday she couldn't place an order until these were finished and shipped. My brain can't function if I get so far behind I can see my own butt.

Old 2010-11-17, 6:53pm

That's awesome!!! Mind if ask how you ship them? I found out how fragile they are when I accidently bumped some off my dresser. I am having a blast making them.
Old 2010-11-17, 8:10pm
Surrounded by Trouble

I wrap them in bubble wrap or tissue paper and put them in a pen box for shipping.
The shorter ones fit my bracelet boxes I have for my shows.

Yes, they can be fragile especially the tips of them. I have learned to not pull the tips out to a sharp point. If you do, go back and melt them down a bit. If you do this make sure and roll the icicle on your maver about half way down to the tip so you have a nice smooth even tip and it doesn't go sideways on you.
Just a tip

Old 2010-11-18, 4:38pm

Thanks! I'm heading to a show with a bunch tomorrow and want to pack them extra safely. I got an inexpensive tree from Big Lots for my booth so I'll take a pic and load it here next week.
Old 2010-11-22, 2:09pm

I just ordered mine on etsy. I have been wanting this tutorial since last year and now is the perfect time to get it. I want to make lots of them for Christmas gifts this year.

This is my reward for getting a couple of sales this month!
Old 2010-11-22, 6:46pm

Thanks for the speedy delivery, the tutorial looks great and I am excited to make some soon!
Old 2010-11-22, 8:59pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Thank you Carol!
Congrats on your sales this month.
Glad I could get it to you so quickly, especially since I was out of town and traveling today. Hope you have a great time making icicles. If you have any problems, just shoot me an e-mail I"ll be happy to help you.

Old 2010-11-23, 2:16pm

Thanks so much!
Old 2010-12-21, 7:40pm

I got to make some of these icicles today, LOTS actually!

Your instructions made making these so easy, I really enjoyed working with boro more than I used to, thank you so much.

I also appreciate you sharing your annealing schedule.
Old 2010-12-22, 11:00am
Surrounded by Trouble

Carol,
I am so glad you enjoyed the tutorial and even more that you enjoyed working with boro.
Icicle can be very addictive good thing others seem to like them also or my tree would have been taken over by now.
Happy Holidays to you and yours,
Shawn

Old 2010-12-22, 11:37am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

It's not too late to get those icicles made and on the tree! I have a tree full of them this year and I thank Shawn once again for sharing her techniques with me! I love how they sparkle in the twinkle lights!!!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-12-23, 3:37pm

I've been downstairs in the dungeon making these icicles for days now!

I just take coffee breaks.

Lori, I agree with that! These icicles really reflect light and I can't wait till I can fill my Christmas tree up with them.
Old 2011-01-07, 10:33am
Glassy Broad :-)

I am getting a jump start on next year
Just ordered your tutorial Shawn, and can't wait to go out and play!!
Hugs and Happy New Year!

Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2011-10-22, 12:57pm
Cheeky & Impervious

Woot! I was hoping you still had your tutorial for sale, I need one. Time to try my hand at icicles! Off to get mine now (late to the game per usual). LOL

Old 2011-11-11, 1:22pm
The Crazy One

Shawn, Will you Secret Santa your tutorial if I buy one for someone else?
Old 2011-11-11, 2:49pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Yes, I will be happy to do that.

Old 2011-11-12, 3:01am

Hi Shawn, could secret santa do a downunder delivery please? Or have you sold out??It's pretty warm here at Christmas but dont think those icicles will melt!
many thanks
Cherry
tasmania
Old 2011-11-12, 10:09am
Surrounded by Trouble

I'm so sorry Cherry didn't realize I sold out last night. I just restocked on Etsy and will update the ones on my website also.
Our temps were in the 70's all week last week and mine have yet to melt.
Have a great day!
Shawn

Old 2011-11-22, 10:40pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'm gonna make some more of these tomorrow! I have a clean studio and lots more boro than I had the last time made these...

And, the very reason why I have a folder in my email specifically for tutorials that are emailed... my old laptop took a dive earlier this year but my email folder still has my icicle tutorial! Yay!!

Old 2011-11-23, 10:32pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Woooo hooooo! I made icicles today!!! And... they are way better than the ones I made a couple years ago... wooot!

Pics tomorrow.

Old 2011-11-28, 11:11am
Surrounded by Trouble

Donna, Sorry I am just now seeing this I have been in Florida for the holiday. Along the way I dropped off another 100 icicles, good thing these wont melt.

Can't wait to see your new icicles this year.
Happy Holidays,
Shawn

Old 2011-11-28, 4:23pm
"Sinners have soul too"

No worries! All my icicles wound up in AZ over the weekend!

I'll have to make more now! =)