Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-03-23, 6:05pm

Default Ex-15 Oxygen Generators from ABR

I recently (3/7/09) purchased an Ex-15 Oxygen Generator from ABR. It arrived with a broken muffler compressor and I am not having much luck with Customer Service.

I called the number for ABR and they said I would need to deal with the Manufacturer of the generator. I called them, and they talked me into trying to fix it myself. After several delays, the part arrived and Icould not fix this myself. I emailed ABR and they said the manufacturer would just have to mail me a new unit. Now there are delays in getting the call tag and I am very tired and frustrated!

Can someone from ABR step up and take responsibility for your product? Where is your commitment to your customers?

Poolside Pyro
Old 2009-03-23, 6:07pm

Poolside, where are you located?

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2009-03-24, 10:37am
no more

Sure just call us and we will give you Pauls number and he will fix it for you

that is the process you must go through as the warranty is through them

Thanks

812-339-9147

HI Malcolm

Last edited by Cody_ABR; 2009-03-24 at 10:56am.
Old 2009-03-24, 11:36am
<--Want a Kiss

She already has Paul's #. That's who tried to walk her through the DIY. Maybe, if you stepped up and helped her get the call tag......

mini cc w/EX-15 oxycon
Old 2009-03-24, 12:37pm

again i am not a repair man, nor at any time did i state that i was!!!

but paul is and if you call him he will help you!!!

765-346-1214

he always answers for me.

i find it hard to believe that you have given him a chance.

Old 2009-03-24, 12:41pm

just spoke to paul and he says that he took care of you already

he stated that he not only sent you replacemnet parts but he also says he sent a call tag and for your minor trouble he sent you a $50 abr gift certificate??
so why the complaints here when paul says that you were happy when you hung the phone up with him ???????

It bothers me that you are not calling us about this directly but posting laundry here with out giving the manufacturer a chance.

he is reputable and from what i am hearing he even overnighted you parts!!!

Old 2009-03-24, 1:32pm
Senior Moment

I'm still waiting for a replacement EX-15, I sent a defective one back to Paul at Extreme O2 last fall!
Good luck

edit: this was through Carlisle, not ABR

Last edited by lysa; 2009-03-24 at 1:34pm.
Old 2009-03-24, 1:50pm

you should call him!

he is outstanding!

he will not screw you !!!!!

you need to be active in contacting him, or at least i would be

he may not know he has it if he did not give you a ra number but i cannot defend his action here i am not carlisle!!!

also i think it would be in your interest to use his cell number posted here above!

he will help you !

Old 2009-03-24, 2:22pm
Senior Moment

Thanks for the advise, but I have called and emailed both Carlisle (to customer service, to the president and to the fellow that sold me the units) and to Extreme O2. No one will address my concerns. I think Paul made a promise to me that he did not intend to or could not keep. I have also emailed copies of ALL the email correspondence and no response.

I can now only assume that the warentee isn't worth the paper its written on.

Yay well.........lessons learned.

Sorry for the rant, but this is really a sore spot!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-24, 2:38pm

listen

i am not certain about how carlisle handles this but i do well at it

call me personally

leave me a message if you must but call me

812-339-9147

i personally will assist you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

i can get paul on the phone and we can three discuss this situation to find a resolve

i must say that i would be upset to see any further posts if i do not get a call from you on this as i know if paul were to hear this he would not sit on his hands, he is not that type of person

I respect carlisle too but have no idea who you speak to there and if they even work there any more as many people are coming and going from there as late.

but none the less i am here tonight waiting your call

thanks
ross

again

812-339-9147

Old 2009-03-24, 3:09pm
Senior Moment

Well, Ross and I talked and he is going to straighten out my problem with Extreme O2! Woo Hoo!!!!! He is an angel. The original purchase was not even through his company and he has gone out of his way to help. I can't even express what a good feeling that is for me. I had given up on this issue back in Nov. but this thread touched a nerve so I had to post and I certainly was not expecting a resolution.

Ross, thank you so much!

Lysa
a very satisfied ABR customer
Old 2009-03-24, 3:18pm
DSDWC

Thats ABR for you. They take care of business!

Old 2009-03-24, 5:51pm

Default Call Tag Issued

I received a call tag email from Paul that said "Sorry this is a first for us using UPS you may have to call them with the information for a pick up or you can take the package to a UPS location."
After almost an hour on the phone with UPS, I decided to call Ross at ABR.
Ross is going to set up a three way call between Paul, Ross and myself tomorrow morning. I would llike to have a replacement unit shipped to me right away. My call tag states "Return and Repair."
Again, Paul is a really nice guy but I spent my money back on 3/7/9 and I feel like I have waited long enough. I think I went out of my way to try and take this unit apart over a conference call and try to do the repairs myself...

Poolside Pyro
Old 2009-03-24, 7:44pm
giggety-giggety

Don't flame me but I don't think that it hasn't been that long since 3/7/09.
I'm glad your situation is being resolved.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My etsy:

Old 2009-03-26, 2:36pm

Default Compromise on Replacement

After three calls to UPS they finally picked up my Ex-15 yesterday and it is on it's way back to ABR. I spoke with Ross from ABR again and we came to a middle ground.

Paul had issued a $50 gift certificate since I tried to repair the unit myself. Ross is going to use this $50 to handle the shipping charges of getting me another Ex-15 unit mailed out right away. I am hoping the Unit is on the way.

I'll post again once the unit arrives

Things are looking brighter :0)

Poolside Pyro
Old 2009-03-26, 4:29pm
jessica barksdale

hope everything works out, paul is a really nice guy & so is ross -- i've only ordered from abr once but ross personally answered all my emails & that was really cool. my repaired ex-15 just got here today & i can't wait to open it up once my little one goes to bed.

anway, i know for sure ross & paul will take care of you!
good luck!

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-03-31, 6:22pm

Smile Replacement Arrived Today

Ross,

My replacement Ex-15 arrived today in perfect condition. Thank you for stepping in and getting this unit delivered to me so quickly.

I am sure Paul would have repaired the original and got it back to me, but I am very greatful for your help in getting this resolved immediately.

You have definitely earned my return business and I will be sure to spread the word of how you helped me out.

Thanks to both Ross and Paul!

Poolside Pyro
Old 2009-04-01, 2:06pm
Charlie

Well, I just have to add my experience with Ross at ABR and it is not a pleasant experience. I also got a defective x-15 back in January and it never worked right from the start and after numerous phone calls during the next month to Ross and Paul they finally issued a call tag for the machine after it sat in my driveway for a week and a half. I told Ross and Paul after the experience of dealing with them I didn't want to have a replacement, I just wanted the maching GONE! Ross had the nerve to charge me $312 for shipping and restocking. I tried to call him again about refunding some of this charge and he was very rude and said he it was not up for discussion and I would get nothing else refunded. This is not a way to treat customers and I would not recommend dealing with him if you want to be treated fairly. Good luck to anyone that buys the x-15 from him and hopefully you will not have any problems with them because it could be an expensive mistake.
Old 2009-04-01, 2:45pm

I have always found Ross to be generous to a fault. Perhaps it has more to do with the manufacturer than the seller. At some point a seller just can't do any more.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-04-02, 5:42am

I would like offer a little history on this transaction to put this into context.
A hurricane retails at $1596.00. Standard shipping on this type of machine runs $125- $150 without any special services (like a lift gate). We offered a special price of $1250 and free shipping on the Hurricane at the beginning of this year. The machines are warranted through the manufacturer.
Shirley took advantage of this great offer and ordered a machine. For whatever reason, she required a lift gate at the time of delivery. We accommodated this request despite it not being in the initial offer and it being an additional charge on top of the shipping. The machine was delivered without incident. Shirley was satisfied with the machine.
Over a month into her ownership, Shirley had an issue with the machine working properly. She contacted ABR. We spoke with the manufacturer, who offered to exchange the machine with a new one at no cost to her. Shirley stated she simply no longer wanted the machine and wanted her money back. We told her we could accommodate that request, but there would be a restocking fee of 25% deducted from the refund. She agreed to this resolution. We moved forward by having the machine picked up with a lift gate at our expense and refunding her credit card less the restocking fee.
Another 4 months passed. Shirley contacted ABR to argue about the restocking fee. Although she had refused a replacement and agreed to a refund less a restocking fee, she now wanted to dispute the restocking fee. Her tone was hostile and threatening immediately---and simply escalated as the conversation continued.
In short, we offered a great deal on a product. We offered good customer service when a problem was encountered after a month of ownership by working toward a resolution beneficial to her. We arranged an exchange. Finally, we ultimately had the machine picked up at our expense and a partial refund put on her card per her request.
We certainly regret that Shirley is upset with her decision to pass on the exchange and opt for a refund less the restocking fee. However, it was HER decision. She could have taken the exchange and used the machine. She could have taken the exchange and sold the machine herself on a forum such as this. Or she could return the machine less the restocking fee. SHE chose the third option. SHE needs to take responsibility for the decision she made and not transfer her anger to our company or employees.
Although over a month had transpired since the initial transaction, we still did our absolute best to assist Shirley. She chose an option she was not ultimately happy with. We will not take responsibility or flack for her decision.

Old 2009-04-02, 5:44pm

It's always good to know the other side of the story as we all know there are two sides to each story. I have dealt with Ross/ABR many times and they are great!!
Old 2009-05-01, 3:42pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Well, I wouldn't be happy either over a $312 restocking fee either!!! That is rather excessive.

Sara

Old 2009-05-01, 7:13pm
Spoiled

Some places can charge up to 50% for restocking fees. Best Buy charges 15%-25% depending on the item. So I don't see anything wrong with Ross' 25%, yeah $312 sounds like alot but that's 25%.

And I'm sure this is going to make some people mad too, but I don't see why people talk to the retailer when something breaks. I'm sure it says in the paper work who the warrenty is through. If you buy a TV or something from Walmart, you're not going to take it to them to have fixed are you? Probably not, you'll contact the manufacturer. It's not really their job, their job is to sell you the product not fix it.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2009-05-01, 9:48pm
She's Back & Burnin'

People return broken stuff to WalMart everyday.

Sara

Old 2009-05-03, 5:24am
Spoiled

Yeah, but not stuff they want Walmart to fix.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2009-05-29, 2:33am

Wow! ABR is the last place I'd expect to see people having issues with!
I've never ordered larger products from them, but I've never had a problem with any orders, including shipping times, customer service with questions I had and turning around and shipping out back-ordered items!

just my 2 cents!

Duane
Old 2009-05-29, 4:29am

Angry

Quote:
People return broken stuff to WalMart everyday.

Sara
If you had any idea what Walmart pays Chinese factories for all their stock, (and almost everything in Walmart stores is produced in China,Walmart is China's 5th largest trading partner,including ALL countries of the world), you would realize they could accept every other item as a return and still maintain very healthy profits.All recognizable labels we grew up with, no longer produced here. Yea, they get you more for the buck, but at the price of the U.S. manufacturing base.
I appologize for going off topic, but Walmart being referenced as a model sets me off every time. Check out the link below and be amazed at the spread of Walmarts across the U.S., it's like a virus.