LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-05-27, 1:58pm
Addicted to Frit!!!

I loved yours and learning the technique of applying them in your class, that was so cool!! Now I can't wait to make my own.

Thanks so much Astrid for sharing this with everyone,
Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-05-27, 1:59pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Thank You!!! I'm off to post my partial bead in the Gallery for tonight!!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-05-27, 2:05pm

Here are mine - the second kiln run becoming apparent As I said, I kept the background simple as a 'canvas'

Wordsmith beads by Sabine Little, on Flickr

The one on the left is Lewis Carroll (it's what the unicorn says to Alice in Wonderland), the one on the right is Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights: "Oh, I'm burning! I wish I were out of doors! I wish I were a girl again, half savage and hardy, and free; and laughing at injuries, not maddening under them! "

(ring top mandrels, nuts, & beads *****
for tuition (UK)

Last edited by sparrow; 2011-05-27 at 2:09pm.
Old 2011-05-27, 2:25pm
thecoralcat

Oh Sabine - They are WONDERFUL!!! The perfect complement to those great quotes!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-05-27, 2:40pm

Thank you Joan Sorry they're still on the mandrel - it's past my bed time here!

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-27, 10:46pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

Gorgeous Sabine

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-05-27, 11:36pm

Thanks Astrid

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-28, 8:31am

Made a murrini and had success, yay! BUT to put these little buggers on straight......well that is a completely different story. Lot of PPP ahead.
Old 2011-05-28, 8:32am

Love your beads Sparrow!
Old 2011-05-28, 11:43am

Thank you Carmen

for tuition (UK)
Old 2011-05-30, 2:08am

Mastered the application of the roses!! Yay!
Once again I have to say that this is a great tutorial.
Old 2011-05-31, 7:56am
Otter

Astrid,

What a great tutorial wonderful photos and so clearly explained. I have been making rose murrini for a long time mostly Japanese style. I just love your roses and also wanted to see how you applied them. I got so many good tips and new ideas from your tutorial. I will definitely be adding some of your rose making and applying techniques to my rose murrini.

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2011-05-31, 11:28am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Carmen, come on let us see them, you are too hard on yourself

Otter, Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, I look forward to seeing your roses

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-06-02, 5:38am

Ok I may just have a decent one in the kiln, then the challenge to take a photo of it!!!
Old 2011-06-02, 6:02am
Companion

I'm off to the torch...hope the roses will turn out right

Astrid, do you make them just in pink? I'm thinking about other colors...
Don't you cry no more
Old 2011-06-02, 7:14am

Oh, you guys are having fun here and I have not been able to even try it yet I was suppose to do it over the weekend and I couldn't. I can't wait. The tutorial looks great Astrid and I love some of the tricks in there that I would have never thought of doing.

Old 2011-06-02, 8:15am
Hobby Junkie

Come on people! I wanna see more pictures!!!!!!! I can't buy this tut until next week. I want to see what you are all making!

Old 2011-06-02, 10:43am
Companion

Beads are in the kiln I'll post pix later (I think they look quite good for the first try)
Don't you cry no more
Old 2011-06-03, 11:31am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Man you are all making me so keen to see your roses, come on take them out the kil and post those pics

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-06-03, 11:41am
Companion

So here are my trys...made the chips waaay to big. While i was melting the gather to pull i heard a very loud bang and my lamp got dark. I nearly jumped to the ceiling... But what do you do with a soft gather of glass in your hands? Right, try to pull it out...next one will be better i hope And i'll try diffferent colors.
Attached Images

Don't you cry no more
Old 2011-06-03, 11:51am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Wonderful Steffi, you are good when you can pull a hot big gather in the dark LOL

A little hint for all of you make the opaque thinner to get finer petals

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-06-03, 12:30pm
Tending The Fire!

Steffi, they're all very pretty. Your roses stand out nicely.

Sparrow, I love the Carpe Diem heart

Lovely murrini in here! I've been playing with rose murrini a bit but mine aren't nearly this nice My first ones ended up with petals that were far too thin because I was trying to clear encase between my layers. After I gave up on that they improved somewhat. Might have to drop some hints around here for my b-day coming up to get some better tips

Otter, just took a peek at your Murrini on Etsy. Love the Cap'n Jack ones! Very nice lol

My Facebook Page!

Old 2011-06-07, 1:26pm
Companion

New murrini...this time in orange. Beads are in the kiln.
Attached Images

Don't you cry no more
Old 2011-06-07, 1:51pm
thecoralcat

OOOOOOOooooo Steffi! I'm jealous! Those look FABULOUS!! How Gorgeous those are going to be in your beads!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-06-12, 11:01am
Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
OOOOOOOooooo Steffi! I'm jealous! Those look FABULOUS!! How Gorgeous those are going to be in your beads!!!
Thanks a lot Joan

Here's some rose beads:
Attached Images

Don't you cry no more
Old 2011-06-12, 1:33pm

Oh Steffi, want, want.

They look fab on your beads. Good job.
Old 2011-06-14, 1:26am

the tutoial is great! I still need to practice applying them. these are from the first cane I made.
Attached Images

ebay

website New shop on website!

New Etsy shop!
Old 2011-06-14, 7:16am
I speak Murrini!

Gorgeous-gorgeous everyone!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2011-06-14, 11:51pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

Steffi and Rachelle, they are gorgeous

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-06-15, 9:52pm
Critter Mom

Beautiful...they're all just beautiful.