AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-06-01, 12:02pm

Default Which tutorial to purchase?

I just purchased 2 ebooks with tutorials that are great and will keep me busy for a while. The third ebook I purchased from the same person is outdated. Many of the glasses she recommended are no longer available and she did not respond to my email requesting alternates. That leads me to ask this community what ebooks/tutorials are really worthwhile for learning new skills and are up-to-date. Please recommend the best ones!
Old 2010-06-01, 12:50pm
me and dh just starting

It depends on who your customer is. I do beads for fun right now...until I learn enough to make beads worth selling. But I love the cupcake beads. I purchased a tutorial then made beads for my nieces aged 7-13 who all love them. It's perfect for them. Snake skin beads (not as good looking as the cupcakes) work for my son.

I will say that for myself....look for the rainbow bead tutorial....I have seen some people here make awesome flowers using this tutorial.

I say go through the lot of the for purchase tutorials until you find a bead design that speaks to you.

Maria
Old 2010-06-01, 2:20pm

Smile

I don't have a lot of e-books, just begin to buy some.

I love the ebooks of Sarah Hornik, very well done.

The one made by Michael Barley is also very good and easy to use. Presently it is my favorite.

I buy some others, all seem very good but I had not time to experiment them so I think that the choice depend what you want to learn ... maybe you can consult the Tutorials section to purchase

Lise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glass beadmaking since 2006.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by maroli; 2010-06-01 at 4:42pm.
Old 2010-06-01, 6:20pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

I have to second the vote for Michael Barley's tutorial. I learned a great deal from that tutorial, lots of good info there.

Old 2010-06-01, 7:45pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

my most recent one is the one on making button mandrels.. it rocks and the idea is ingeneous.

and then there is my ornaments tut too...

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-06-01, 7:45pm
High Maintenance

You should definitely buy Jo's button mandrel tutorial. Well written, excellent photos, and excellent customer support should you have any questions. Heck, buy her book while you are at it. Its not about glass, its a novel but its a fun read