Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2011-03-23, 11:35am

Yes a very good tutorial ... but you have to get the marble (and ornament outstanding from that tut) to not feel a bit put out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-28, 7:29am

SadiesJewels.... Ornament and Marble heading your way today. Thanks for hanging on. I am still running about 3 weeks out marbles.
Thanks everyone!
Ron
Old 2011-03-28, 12:54pm

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A new color for today.
Ron
Old 2011-03-31, 1:24pm

I received my marble today and it is exquisite! Don't know how you knew blue is my fav, but you did, and this marble is more than worth the price of the tutorial. I must be missing this information somehow, but do you sell these marbles somewhere as well? They are really gorgeous - perfectly executed of course too. Thanks so much.
Old 2011-03-31, 8:56pm

I got my ornament and marble yesterday (could even be the one above?) ... both exquisite and yes, worth the wait!

Thanks Ron.

Old 2011-04-01, 7:00am

im finally gonna buy a copy
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i really like the colors your getting

Old 2011-04-01, 7:03am

paid! cant wait for the new knowledge

Old 2011-04-01, 12:06pm

soooo how long till i get the info? lol

Old 2011-04-02, 1:34pm

Aloha Ron! I received my marble today and it is gorgeous! Mahalo! ~ Alpha
Old 2011-04-02, 2:45pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
soooo how long till i get the info? lol
Ron is usually flying on the weekends and doesn't always get a chance to check in, so it might be Monday before he gets back to you with the tutorial if he is out of town at a show.

BTW I checked out your ETSY and you make some great flower marbles already, can't wait to see what you do once you read this great tutorial.

Old 2011-04-03, 12:41pm
Heal with Steel

I love the tutorial, I can't wait to receive my marble to have a piece of your beautiful art.
Old 2011-04-04, 6:42am

Thanks everyone! I was away at a convention last week and am back in action now. I did get on the torch a lot though and will be mailing a bunch of them today. Marbles for sale....? As soon as I catch up, I plan on opeing an etsy page to start selling them. I have also been making some flower sculptures using just clear. I'll post a pic of those today.
Please keep in touch, it is always nice to hear from everyone!
Thanks,
Ron
Old 2011-04-04, 7:26am

Default more marbles

Old 2011-04-04, 7:33am

new flower sculptures... hard to take pics of though. Better pics coming soon. LOL
Ron

Old 2011-04-04, 2:01pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

WOW RON!!!! I am just Gobsmacked!!! My marble arrived today and it is beyond Amazing!!!! It's HUGE!!!! and VERY ROUND (I'm still working on that....:\)!!!! I thought I had been forgotten and wasn't going to peep since the tutorial is SO worth the money - but OMG - I'm so glad that it came. Definitely a source of AWE in my household!!!
Thank You!

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2011-04-05, 5:53am

Joan,
Thanks and I am glad you liked the marble. By next Monday, I should be shipping marble orders from April, so anyone who has not gotten theirs yet, please hang in there. As awlays, feel free to PM me though. I always love to hear from everyone.
Yesterday was international shipments... Canada, Australia, Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The next 5 are in the USA, then I have one more for Australia, then I will be on the page from March 29th. Catching up, little by little.
Thanks everyone!!
Ron
Old 2011-04-06, 5:18pm
I need more boro stuff

I received my marble!!!!! So pretty! Thank you so much, Ron

Old 2011-04-07, 7:07am

cant wait for my marble

heres what i made right after i read the tutorial

can i get a side view of one of your mibs R4? i cant tell how far yours implode, also i cant figure out how to get eh flower to occupy the entire marble

thanx for any help
Keys

Old 2011-04-07, 7:40am
Oh my!

Keys, thank you so much for posting your pics. Were these some of your first implosions? I am really on the fence about buying this becasue I am not sure I will be able to produce anything. I am sorta equipment impaired.
Old 2011-04-07, 7:47am

my progress ^^^^

these are def some of my best and they were the first 2 i made after reading the tutorial, but i have made quite a few before

Old 2011-04-07, 8:54am
Oh my!

Oh my! Your work is beautiful. Ok, so here is the deal (and no you are not allowed to laugh to my face, but behind my back is is totally fine). And anyone can answer this. I am currently working on a Nortel minor with tanked O2. Yes, I am looking to upgrade my torch and suggestions on that front will be appreciated. But am I going to be able to use the information in this tutorial with my current set up? I am not really looking to make marbles but more 'cab' like stuff. Any thoughts?
Old 2011-04-07, 11:39am

tweeky-
Great question! The concept about how much torch is needed to do boro is a question we hear ALL the time. The funny thing is the comments made by those without lots of boro time or perhaps with lots "bad technique" boro time pass on opinions that are Far from fact.
So, here it is.........
Nortel Minor is a Great torch and can do amazing things with proper technique. Without going into too much here and NOT comparing which torch does something better than another..... the minor can make boro marbles from 3/4 inch to 1 1/8" very well. It can do 1 1/4" size pretty well... with a little more time needed to melt down the larger size rods to start the implosions. Larger than that CAN be done, but it would take a lot of extra time to make it.
Back to the minor... Just an FYI.... it is a great ornament torch for using 25.4 x 4mm wall (1 inch heavy wall) tube and 30mm scalloped tube.
A thing about technique.........
Rotating glass evenly without the end wobbling in the flame will speed things up a bunch. If you have ever watched a student trying to melt something smooth for 20 minutes and the instructor comes up and does it with the same flame in 1 minute... you know what I mean.
PM me anytime with questions! That is for everyone... you don't have to own one of my tutorials to PM me for info. I love to talk about glass and enjoy hearing from other glass artists.
Ron
Old 2011-04-07, 11:40am

Keys...
I am sending you another PM. Nice work!
Ron
Here are some side views.......

Last edited by R4GlassStudio; 2011-04-07 at 11:47am.
Old 2011-04-07, 11:48am
Oh my!

Ron, you are a hero. Thanks so much. The sizes you listed are about the sizes I was looking at making. My goal is to make buttons, so I used the cab-ish description. Will this tutorial ge tme on the right track. or perhaps something else? And, thanks.
Old 2011-04-07, 11:50am
Living out Loud

Does the tutorial teach you how to make marbles or what gorgeous color combinations to use?

Last edited by lampworker1; 2011-04-07 at 11:51am. Reason: grammar
Old 2011-04-07, 12:13pm

The tutorial is for someone who has a basic concept of marbles. But it covers in complete detail, not only how implosions work, but why and what to do to create never seen before designs. This tutoial unlocks the secrets of how to create cane to make new colors designs in the implosion process... The info can be used for pendants, cabs, etc.
I will of course be there through the learning curve to answer questions... even provide graphics to help with the answers to make it easy.
Ron
Old 2011-04-07, 12:15pm
Living out Loud

Thanks for your quick response.

Old 2011-04-07, 12:17pm
Oh my!

Ok, I'm sold. Heading over to buy it now. BTW, for me the biggest selling point is your willingness to help and answer all of these questions with kindness. And the fact that you didn't publicly laugh at me helped too.

Last edited by tweeky clothespin; 2011-04-07 at 12:24pm.
Old 2011-04-07, 1:27pm

Tweeky.....
Some day I'll post a picture of my first goblet ever. What makes it funny is I made it before ever watching a demo, video, book or anything! So you can just picture how "sad" looking it is. But, I kept it to show students when they get frustrated as a beginner. It is my "see, we ALL started at the beginning and your pieces are Way better than this!"
LOL... I have yet to see a student do worse that my first goblet. All I can say is "it does hold water".
Keep in touch and send PMs. I'll create new graphics and instructions for any direction you wish to take it.
Most of all........... Have Fun!
Ron
Old 2011-04-07, 1:49pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Hi Vicki!
They get sent out to everyone as soon as they are ready. There hasn't been one since you got the ebook. The one adding reds will go out in a week or so. When I do the add-on, I add the extra pages to the main tutorial and send it out complete. That way everyone has one file, rather than a bunch of smaller files.
Thanks,
Ron
Ron, what is the page # for the red ones?