No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-09-08, 3:37pm
3 bubbles left of level

Default Double Helix Glass????

I have been watching the Double Helix auctions for some time now, but have never bought any of their glass. Has anyone ever tried any of the colors??? If so, can we see some of the beads?? Do you like them?? Pretty spendy glass...just wanted to know if anyone had tried any of the glass before I fork over the cash to try a sampler.

There is no spoon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-09-09, 7:07am
Must Torch...

Default Double Helix Glass

Jan,
I just spent 85.00 on a pound of double helix glass and would do it again in a heartbeat. Very Fun Stuff! However I am milking my supply by using it mostly for stringers. I got the sample pack which has all their glass represented. I think why it is so fun is the actual silver particals that are in the glass. After you have worked it in a reducing flame all sorts of hues and colors emerge. If you are new to double helix I would go with the sample pack.

Kim
Old 2005-09-09, 7:19am
maybe tomorrow

Hi Kim,

Any chance we could see some pictures?

Toni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-09-09, 8:06am
Dot Princess

I have bought glass from him a couple different times I love his glass. At lunch I will try to get some pics of what I have made with it up for ya. I have used the nebula, dark star and I have some of the rhubarb which I haven't used yet.
Lindz

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2005-09-09, 9:55am
Administrator

Movine this to the tips techniques and questions forum where it may ger more answers

Old 2005-09-09, 10:16am
needs to light the torch.

How strange! I just made some beads last night with the Nebula glass.

I will post some pics in a bit

Old 2005-09-09, 11:16am
sunscreen me baby

PICTURES PEOPLE!!!!! I'm dying to see what it looks like

~

Old 2005-09-09, 12:36pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Oh my goodness.... that looks absolutely fabulous!!! I will and must have this glass!

Last edited by suzanne; 2005-09-09 at 12:40pm.
Old 2005-09-09, 1:48pm

I just made two simple ones last night:

This is the Nebula with a core of clear

And this is Nebula encased with clear

Love this glass!!!!!! It is YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2005-09-09, 3:01pm

Nicole! Those beads are so gorgeous they are making me dizzy!

... off to ebay I go ...
Old 2005-09-09, 3:33pm
Dot Princess

here are my pics, these are all of nebula. I can't find my pics of the dark star I'll have to take some more. I haven't used the rhubarb yet I am gonna try that this weekend sometime.

Lindz
Attached Images

Old 2005-09-09, 3:37pm
sunscreen me baby

Lindsey tell us more! How did you get the blue purples the blue teals and the ones that have the amber hue. Is it just nebula glass or did you mix it with other glass?

~

Last edited by SuzyQ; 2005-09-09 at 3:37pm. Reason: I was so excited! and got dyslexic fingers
Old 2005-09-09, 3:58pm

will somone please write the link that leads there?
i looked for Double Helix on google, and found no glass-related sites.
Old 2005-09-09, 4:05pm

He sells on eBay, here is a link:

http://stores.ebay.com/Double-Helix-...toreviewQQtZkm

Old 2005-09-09, 4:26pm
Boro newb

I love the Northern Lights. Sorry, I don't have pictures anymore
Old 2005-09-09, 6:09pm
Dot Princess

The ones with the purple hues I used a trans purple to encase it. the rest of them are all encased with clear. I don't remember what purple I used to encase it anymore. So no real special tricks.

Old 2005-09-09, 10:47pm
traumaqueen

It's almost like boro! They look amazing! it just really sucks that they only ship to Canada and USA

Old 2005-09-10, 7:43pm
Boro newb

Suzanne, maybe you could sweet talk someone in the US or Canada into bidding for you ( you having given them a proxy, of course ) and you could pay them the extra to ship it to you?
Old 2005-09-11, 9:15pm
Fire Diva

Wow! Awesome glass and beads! Since it has silver in it are you all wearing your respirators when working with this glass???

Can't wait to purchase some of this glass too.

Old 2005-09-11, 9:29pm
Happy 10 a.m.!

Holy Cow! That is beautiful! I feel like I need some but I'm afraid I would mess it up somehow. Thanks for the link!

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2005-09-13, 6:25pm
tweetysweetie

I just ordered a sampler pack of this stuff, glad I did......those beads are just awesome and yes, they do look like they are boro! Whoopee can't wait to play with these goodies, and yes Fay....I'll be vigilent about the silver content.

Old 2005-09-13, 6:45pm

I played with the DH glass more last night...

Here is the Dark Star which I LOVE!!!!

And both of these are the Rhubarb, LOVE this stuff too!

I seriously need more of this stuff!

Old 2005-09-14, 1:08pm

I made another Dark Star bead last night...
SOOOOOOOOOOO Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will get pics up in a bit.

Old 2005-09-14, 1:29pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

Nicole those are awesome.

Deb Cline
Old 2005-09-14, 1:30pm
Broken

Those are gorgeous!! DAMN! Now I MUST buy some!!!!!

Old 2005-09-14, 3:30pm

Every bead I make using this glass is stunningly beautiful!!
(ok that kind of sounds conceited but it is true )

Old 2005-09-14, 4:15pm
Pink-tini anyone?

oh Nicole that is awesome too!!!!

Old 2005-09-14, 5:09pm
Boro newb

*just noticed Lindz up there*

Hey lady!!!!
Old 2005-09-15, 3:50am
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble_beads
Suzanne, maybe you could sweet talk someone in the US or Canada into bidding for you ( you having given them a proxy, of course ) and you could pay them the extra to ship it to you?

I got an offer from Amy (zoozzii) and she offered to take care of it for me. Thanks so much! I will definetly let you know when I am ready to go!

Suzanne

Old 2005-09-15, 4:47am
Boro newb

Awesome Suzanne! That's one thing I'll never understand is people only shipping to the USA or USA & Canada. It's only one extra form.