Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-02-10, 8:31pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmaw View Post
Ok, what do I have to do to get your latest uni-seal???
LOL! I think I'm going to put him on ebay when everyone recovers from Tucson just because I have no idea what to charge for him. I'll let you know when I do!!! Thanks, sweetie...you made my day!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-02-10, 8:54pm
Satake Woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
LOL! I think I'm going to put him on ebay when everyone recovers from Tucson just because I have no idea what to charge for him. I'll let you know when I do!!! Thanks, sweetie...you made my day!!!!!
Shoot, I was hoping to trade for favors of another sort.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-02-10, 10:23pm
stacijane on Etsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Here is another fun heart.
Eric, that's really cool!

Old 2007-02-11, 3:31am
Fire and Fluidity

Default latest hearts

Since it is that time of year, I have been doing my usual heart marathon. Here are some new ones. I have been doing these for about 3 years, and if anyone wants to try this style, I would be glad to do a photo tutorial on the loops and/or the raking style ( I use a special tool).

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2007-02-11, 5:07am
lov'in life!!!

Thanks Toni

Pipyr....WOW, just WOW! Those are amazing. The third one is just, well, SO cool. I love it.

Fyrsmith....lol, I thought I had such a grand idea on the heart loops, hehe. Guess it all really has been done before...well, a LOT of it has, I guess. Great hearts!

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-02-11, 5:44am
The Venerable Bead

ooh yes don do a tutorial!!! I love the raked design of your hearts. Oh Pipyr that unicreature tops them all, you've outdone yourself my dear!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-02-11, 7:48am

this is too cool.. very imaginative and creative....

Old 2007-02-11, 12:28pm
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

Old 2007-02-11, 3:02pm
Fire and Fluidity

Hi Krissa, It all goes to prove that there is nothing new under the sun (or over the the torch) Although I don't believe I invented this style of loop, I have worked at perfecting it on my hearts. Two things you have to be careful of is getting the loop really well fused on and watch out for a crease causing a weak point on the side of the loop that kind of folds. The dots on the left hand side of mine address this, the dot on the other side is just for design and visual balance. I hope that makes sense. I like the little flowers on yours!
I will work on a tutorial on these, and thanks for the compliments.

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Last edited by fyrsmith; 2007-02-11 at 3:06pm.
Old 2007-02-11, 8:27pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Don, tutorial for raking on hearts would be fantastic. Your hearts are great and Eric I love your heart. Pipyr, your creatures are out of this world. Krissa, your hearts rock and Burning Eagle, your snails are the bomb.

Jerri

Last edited by isellrejer; 2007-02-11 at 8:31pm.
Old 2007-02-11, 9:13pm
Serenity Now!

Awesome Pipyr!!! ...and everyone's work is fabulous!
Here's some more from me...

Have a happy week!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-02-12, 3:58am
lov'in life!!!

Thanks Don. I do try to make sure that I have my loop melted on really well and when I go to twist the loop, I don't pull, just twist. My loop is the same length, as when I started, if that makes sense, lol. Thanks SO much for the tips.

Val....girl, LOVE the colors your getting. Your pinks are fantastic and I really like Rainforest!!! Your work is VERY inspiring

Old 2007-02-12, 7:10am

Val. ..... Yup Yup Yup.. my favorite is rainforest...

Old 2007-02-12, 8:10am
critter creator

Wow Pipyr, that last creature is AWESOME!
Old 2007-02-12, 8:33am

wow pipyr, this is it you know! it= anything is possible! truly unique style, and amazing expansion, its been a pleasure to see these creatures develop! thanks for sharing the ride
ro
Old 2007-02-12, 9:16am

Gosh, I haven't posted in the gallery for a while.
My torch time is very limited in winter.
But, here's a couple just to show I've been doing 'something' lol.

I got a little experimental with this last one... lol.
Hard to take quality pics of boro... ya know?

Jo
Old 2007-02-12, 12:13pm
Boro Brat

Thank you sooooooo very much to everyone who commented on my stuff! I have a nasty cold/flu thing going on and it really raised my spirits to see all of the support here! You all are the BEST!!!

And seriously...there isn't a single piece in this month's gallery that I don't think is absolutely beautiful!! This has to be one of my favorite boro galleries yet!! Thanks to everyone for the eye candy!

Old 2007-02-12, 3:08pm
Serenity Now!

Cool shell Jo!! ...And I hope you feel a whole lot better soon Pipyr, and that Spike is taking good care of you!

The World is waiting for YOU, and your awesome creations, girlfriend...

Here's a happy dance - in thought - for you...

Thanks for the nice comments, girls - I appreciate it!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-02-12 at 3:12pm.
Old 2007-02-13, 3:20am
Nah, not really...;)

Awesome work everyone!

More FocalRings from me...I love how these 'clank' together.
These are the only thing that I've made that I wear...3 of them on sterling silver chain. I like the simplicity and they can be changed quickly.

TangerineTini

Old 2007-02-13, 6:59am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Val, Jo & Carrie, your work is beautiful. Great colors.

Jerri
Old 2007-02-13, 11:45am

Here is a large (2") marble I did yesterday using the awesome Dichroic from Trevs Glass. The pattern is Aurora Boreluis. I am finding the Dichroic difficult to photograph. This Dichro has all the colors in the rainbow in it, but you can't see it too well in the photo. I am really happy with the way the back turned out on this one as well.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Last edited by e. mort; 2007-02-20 at 12:45pm. Reason: correct name for Dichro
Old 2007-02-13, 11:48am

Great work everyone, keep it coming!!!
A couple that a did yesterday, my studio had been down for a bit.

Fumed twistie

Honeycomb-ish

Have a great day!
Ashlea
Old 2007-02-13, 1:19pm
San Diego Toni

I need to do more fuming...the trapped fume looks really cool! Gorgeous rings Carrie - if you do them on a large mandrel how do you get the insides so clean?? In any event they look great!

Eric I emailed trevs to try so dichro, but no word back yet. I'll keep crossing my fingers! It splinters up very nicely and looks nice and sparkly!

Toni

Old 2007-02-14, 12:30am

Hello!
Thank you all for the kind comments.

Here are some new things from me

Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-02-14, 7:03am

great colors there Andreas.

Here is an example of why I don't do many florals.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-02-14, 8:13am

If you don't like that floral, I have room for it. And that marble is awesome. Carrie, I really like the simplicity of those rings.. on the chain idea is something I think I would actually wear.. Everyone nags at me because I don't wear anything I make... those.... I can handle.. And Jo, that pendant is pretty.....

Old 2007-02-14, 9:31pm
Normal is Boring!!

Here is my boro bracelet- of course I didn't have time to get just the beads photographed as I was in a hurry for a local art show. But I think you can still get the jist of the flower and round beads even though they aren't facing the camera.:-

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2007-02-15, 4:23am
lov'in life!!!

Trudi....I LOVE that bracelet. I love browns and creams together...yumm, yumm! You did a great job

Old 2007-02-15, 5:24am
stacijane on Etsy

That bracelet is gorgeous and I really like your little flower beads! I agree with Krissa, that's one of my favorite color combinations.

Old 2007-02-15, 6:05am

I LOVE coming here and looking at everyone's fantastic work!!!!!

Being iced in yesterday had some advantages and disadvantages. Advantage...I got to play on the torch. Disadvantage....there's a boro box sitting at the post office taunting me I'll get that today after work.

Inspired by weather....a snowflake and a star

a couple of pendants

a ruffled barrel bead (with dichro that I stretched out too thin )

Have a great day!