Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-06-08, 3:16am
Serenity Now!

Hmmm...interesting routes you worked out there, Lori! I'm liking 'em! RI is Rhode Island, and even I know which coast that is on ...of course the Canadian players are not planned out on this route, but I can handle that!

Thanks for your input...

I've been waiting for the East coast box to arrive back home - then I'll be able to make The Big Switcheroo, and will set them off again!

Would like to send-out a special thanks to Lani and Henry over at Glass Alchemy...I received a sample box full of rods and frit for all our players to have and try-out...I've added these to the pile of Trev's dichro I already received for everyone...Hmmm...hope I don't need to go out a buy BIGGER boxes!

Hope you all have a happy weekend...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-08, 5:59am

Hi Val,
Sounds like its going to be fun...........
I hope you have a wonderful weekend too.....
and thanks again for the wonderful gift...im wearing it right now....
Denise

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-08, 6:32am

May I make a special request that we continue to keep the donations labeled throughout the travels? By the time the box got to me, I didn't know what were the samples and what were the game rods.
Sorry to be a pest, but I like to try new stuff too!
Jo
Old 2007-06-08, 8:18am
Serenity Now!

Your wish is my command, Jo! Shall make sure they are labeled well when they are set off...

So glad you like your gift, Denise! My (your) cat has a special spot on my work-table, and I just love him!

Old 2007-06-13, 10:49am
Trying to Hope!

I am home now and cant wait to play

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-06-15, 1:23pm
I'm a lilac!

I'm looking forward to another round of the box! I'm going to make some of my favorite canes to add, I think, and this time I'll remember to label what I put in them.

Old 2007-06-15, 2:06pm
Serenity Now!

Somebody's gonna get lucky, Kalera!

In case folks didn't check the other thread, I am STILL waiting for the East coast box to be returned, before starting up Round III...should hopefully be here next week...and then we'll be rockin' and rolln'...

Have a great weekend...

Old 2007-06-19, 3:38pm
Serenity Now!

Well I just came home from the Post Office with a HUGE box...(Nope - it wasn't our "MIA" East coast box - it was a box filled with 33 sample packs (17 colours each) from Northstar/Precision! Woohoo - thanks SO MUCH to Nancy and Abe for their amazing generosity and a personal thank-you to Nancy 'cause she is such a warm and kind lady - an absolute pleasure and a treasure!

So I carted it all into the corner of my Studio - (had to make a couple of trips) - and added it to the pile of glass sample rods and frit from Glass Alchemy, and the gorgeous dichro from Trev's - all for the pleasure of my fellow addict/players to share ...my greatest problem is that I'm thinking we're going to need larger boxes!! Ahhh - life can be so perfect some days..

I'm planning to do a "switcheroo" between some of the contents of the last rounds boxes - I can hardly wait to get it all going again! (Let alone that I will gain some much-needed floor space in my Studio!)

Bottom line: I am hoping the East coast box arrives within the next few days, and I will get everything together - should be ready to roll next Monday!

Thanks again to Trev's Glass (Phyllis & Trev), Northstar/Precision (Nancy & Abe), and Glass Alchemy (Lani & Henry)...you gals/guys all helped to make this our BEST box yet!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-06-19 at 3:41pm. Reason: Sp
Old 2007-06-19, 5:14pm
HourGlass Studio

3 Cheers for all of them !!! What a wonderful group of people to donate so much cool stuff.....you are all awesome.
Old 2007-06-19, 5:30pm
Macaw Mamma

Wow!! How generous is that!

Thanks to all of you!!!

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2007-06-19, 6:36pm
Gay rights R human rights

Wow, That's great!

Cant wait. What generosity.
Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-06-20, 7:40am

Sounds fabulous!!! Ooh I can't wait. I love surprises! I'm actually going to torch today. Ahhhhh. Val I sent you the weeks I won't be around this summer so that the box doesn't get held up here in VA.

Gosh that means I might have to be at the beginning this round, huh?
Old 2007-06-20, 8:26am
yukue fumei

WOOHOO!!!
Sounds like an incredible box of goodies!!! Thank you so much to all the vendors who participated--you all rock!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-20, 9:45am
Serenity Now!

Hiya Christy! Haven't worked on the routes yet, (will be doing so in the next few days)...BUT I DO NOT have your non-availability dates! Egads!! Would you please send them to me via e-mail? Same goes for any of the other player's who may not be available all Summer...I've got some, but drop me a line just to be sure please...

Old 2007-06-20, 10:14am

ok - done - didja get it?
Old 2007-06-20, 10:33am
Skeptical Optimist

Well thanks to the vendors that added stuff, very nice of them! Glass folks are the best!!!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-06-20, 10:33am
Serenity Now!

I got it, Christy - thanks! Sounds like you've got a fabulous season ahead! Enjoy every moment...

Old 2007-06-21, 7:13pm

Val, Is it too late to join in on this? I didn't know how it worked but I just talked to Jerri ( isellrejer) and she explained it to me better. Is it too late???

I would LOVE to be a part of this!!

Sandy
Old 2007-06-22, 3:50am
Serenity Now!

Welcome on board, Sandy!! Please go ahead and send in your info via e-mail to me...

Hope everyone has a great weekend...

Old 2007-06-22, 8:12am

Woohoo!! Thank you Val!! I sent it to you last night right after posting here. Did ya get it?
Old 2007-06-22, 9:44am
Serenity Now!

Sandy could you please go-ahead and re-send it? Was at my "work-work" computer last night, and forgot to turn it off, so your message is probably sitting on that one, and thankfully I won't be going back there for a few days...

Old 2007-06-22, 9:57am

OK, It's resent. I just forwarded my original e-mail. Thanks Val
Old 2007-06-22, 5:51pm
Hummel factory reject

Me Too!!! I'm a dork, thought it was too late to join the fun. I'll send you my info Val.

Old 2007-06-22, 6:43pm
Serenity Now!

Got it, Sandy & Lori! Glad you're both going to be joinging us! Well...I GOT the East coast box today! Woohoo!!! It was jam-packed full with all kind of goodies, but the most amazing part was all the wonderful gifts that everybody sent. I am truly overwhelmed! (And delighted...) I didn't have much time to truly look over everything, but I will do so tomorrow, and come back to post...

I'd like to thank each and every one of our players for having made our Boro-Box II game truly fantastic! (And I want to thank everyone for my special gifts, but will do so during the weekend oon a more personal basis).

On that note, I'd like to ask all of our 36 players for Round III to take a moment to review our simple rules, and if you've got any questions, or whatever, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Everything is lined up perfectly to get our Boro-Box III boxes up and running...keep posted in the next few days for all the details.

Have a happy weekend everyone...

Old 2007-06-22, 6:48pm
Serenity Now!

Upon re-reading my post, I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on whether we should stick to two boxes - or if we wanna go wild with abandon and set off 3...?

I'm starting to think 3 might be best...with 18 players per box, it could conceivably take 4 and a half months to play-out our round...

All comments are welcome and appreciated!

Old 2007-06-22, 6:50pm
HourGlass Studio

I am okay with 3 boxes. whatever works the easiest.
Old 2007-06-22, 6:55pm

Same here...
Old 2007-06-22, 8:41pm

sounds good!

Old 2007-06-23, 4:45am
Serenity Now!

We've got a consensus: 3 it shall be!

Next task up for all your creative folk: We need 3 names for our boxes, so we can keep track of 'em all...

I've got a prize for the person to come up with the silliest names...you don't have to be a "player" to win the prize...

Old 2007-06-23, 9:02am
Trying to Hope!

East coast West coast and middle boxaroo

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy