Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-01-29, 10:41pm
Serenity Now!

Default All about BORO: Boro-Box V!!

Sign-ups are NOW OPEN for a new round of our Boro-Box game: Boro-Box V!! (And hey - that's not V for Val - it's V for our FIFTH Round, representing a staggering 8 Boxes that we've played so far! If you've enjoyed playing before, or if you never signed up, but wished you had, now's the time to sign-up for a new "Hurry-Up Spring" Round of fun and games!

In a word, I start off a Box filled with Boro goodies: glass, frit, and related items. I send it off to the first Player, who trades out their heart's desire. If you take 10 different colors of Boro glass to try, you replace those colors with 10 more of your own. Then you re-package our Box, and send it off to the next Player. within a reasaonable time frame. And so on and so forth. It's a great opportunity to try different colors of Boro glass - without having to spend a lot on larger quantities.

The rules are few and simple. Please:

* Trade an equal value/quantity. Glass for glass/Frit for frit, Tools for tools, etc.
* Post your trades to the thread, so everyone can enjoy watching our boxes' transformation
* Insure our Box for $200, and post the tracking info to the thread
* Please make every effort to get our Box moving again within 5 days.
* Most important: Have fun!

If you want to play, please e-mail me the following at: flowerval@citenet.net ...

LE name
Real name
Full address
Telephone number
And any dates that you won't be able to play.

I'll keep a running tally on who has signed up here in this first post. If you've sent me an e-mail indicating you want to play, and don't see your name here, please send me a gentle reminder.

Here's who's playing (in no particular order) ...
Edit: Somewhere around page 5 of this thread, Christy had the idea of marking down your "wishes". That way, the player before you can take a peek at this post, and see if they've got something to send your way! Clear as mud? If you've got any questions, just read the thread a bit, or drop me a note!

Lori ~ Bead Crazy: Twisties, frit blends, ruffler, petal puller, Boro cook book, Purple Cream Soda
Bonny ~ Playingwithfirebeads
Donna ~ Donnam: Frit, frit blends, twisities, GA colors
Lea ~ LAJ: Silver Powder
Angie ~ ?
Leah ~ Leahbeads
Darcy ~ Darcy: Stormy Weather - or a guy like the one on Page 10
Leslie ~ TiggyBubba
Susan ~ SuzyQ: Magic twisties (See pg 8 ) - or - the recipes to make 'em
Toni ~ Toni L.
Jerri ~ isellrejer: Silver or Gold Powder, tools, beads or sculptures, and a really skinny friend
Jo ~ Sleekbeads
Shawn ~ Earlbacher
Ann ~ pixiefirebeads: "Cool" frit blends + recipes, needle-nose tweezers, and a million dollars
Carol ~ Crystalflipz
Judy ~ Sylvie Anne
Barbara ~ Elegance_1: Opaque color rods, colored tubing, Ruffler tool, and some hints & tips!
Hannah ~ HannahRachel: GA Purples
Lori ~ Lampwork by Lori
Christy ~ Christy Phelps: Millenium Moss/Millenium Falcon, a goldfish, and a pony!
Rob ~ Rob Johnson: Frit and hints
Kathyrn Dotson ~ kdotson
Debbie Gay ~ Debgay
Lisa ~ KCGirl
Tricia ~ tluvs2create
Hels ~ Helen
And myself: A magic wand and a puppy

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-04-09 at 2:42pm.
Old 2008-01-30, 2:33am

sent my info count me in for sure would not miss it again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-30, 5:32am
Mandrel Slayer

Count me in. Woo hoo!!! Thanks Val - this is always so much fun.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-01-30, 5:52am
Serenity Now!

Got you girls down! Thanks for signing-up again...

Old 2008-01-30, 10:18am
Flame Dame

Count me in!

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-01-30, 10:53am
Megra Farbot

Yup, yup, I'm in!
Old 2008-01-30, 10:57am
sunscreen me baby

Pick Me!! emailed you...

~

Old 2008-01-30, 10:59am
San Diego Toni

I'm getting in this one - thanks Val!!
sending my info now...

t

Old 2008-01-30, 11:42am
Serenity Now!

Yay - we're up to 10 Players so far - this is gonna be fun! LOVE that pic, Darcy!

Old 2008-01-30, 1:06pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

ME, ME, ME ...... Don't forget me!

#K58
Old 2008-01-30, 6:57pm

Count me in, Val. I promise to be a good girl! *swears*
Jo
Old 2008-01-30, 7:42pm
Bliss Junkie

i'll play, my info was just sent...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-01-30, 10:06pm
Master Procrastinator

Thanks for letting me join in. Can't wait!

Old 2008-01-31, 5:16am
Serenity Now!

Oh Jo...you KNOW I love you, right?! Jerri, Jo, Shawn, and of course Lea - happy to have you along!

I'd like there to be a "twist" in this Round, but cannot think of what it should be...I am open to suggestions: and I've got a 22 gram package of Art Clay Silver for the person who comes up with our "new and improved" concept! You don't have to be a "Player" to pipe in here with your ideas...Let's hear 'em fellow Glass addicts: from the wacky to the wonderful...I really want to make this our BEST Round yet!

C'mon folks: the more the merrier...Don't be shy ~ come and play with us!

Old 2008-01-31, 1:15pm
Bliss Junkie

i'm excited....

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-01-31, 2:34pm
Ezzy

I just sent my info, I can't wait to play!
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2008-01-31, 3:04pm

What about a "Glass Scramble" game for the box.
Keep a running list of the new glass being added as always but in the box, YOU ( Val) can put a bead made with a select few pieces of glass the YOU put in. Use all the letters in the names of the glass rods you used for the secret piece you put in the box with the glass rods. If the next person to get the box can un-scamble the names of the glass used, they get to keep the bead or piece that YOU made and added to the box.. If they can't un-scamble the words, they don't get to keep the secret bead or piece but they still have to make a bead from some of the glass they added, and write them on the list scambled up. The next person in line to get the box has two chances. Yours and the person before her/him.. Keep this going from start to finish.

BTW, Add me to the list Val. Do you need me to send you my info again?
Old 2008-01-31, 3:51pm

New concept:

When you post your trades here, you must also put in a tip or trick, or idea along with your post.
Old 2008-01-31, 4:15pm
Serenity Now!

Welcome, Annie - it's great to have you along...Thanks for the ideas, girls...I'm gonna have to think about yours, Sandy - right now my brain is too tired, and I can't even figure out what's for supper! Shall dwell on it a bit...and btw, Sandy - I've got all your info, so it's okay - you don't have to re-send it!

I like your idea a lot, Sleek, and think that we should institute it no matter what!! I'll make reference to your post in my first post, so folks'll see that it's now a part of our game. It wasn't the "be-all-and-end-all" idea I had in mind, but your efforts shall certainly merit a l'il something special I shall put in the Box, just for you!

Let's go folks: How do YOU envision our game? What d'ya think would make it even better...?!?!?

Old 2008-01-31, 4:37pm

Oh oh! I have an idea. What about a "chain gang" Party? We did this is art class and it was a fantastic success. Since you are the one shipping the boxes out first. Place a pendant made of glass that you made it the box and label it " Chain gang". The next person to get the box, adds something to it but it has to be attached to the pendant. Next person does the same and attaches it to, We're building a piece of jewelry as we go. Everyone who receive the box ads one thing to the piece of jewelry being made by all of us. When the box finally gets back to you it should be a completed piece of jewelry. Then, we have a drawing to see who will win it. Do one of these chain gangs for each box. No one will know what the piece of jewelry will look like until it's complete. It could start out to be a bracelet and wind up being a necklace or whatever.. We loved doing these in art class and the finished pieces were awesome!!
Old 2008-01-31, 5:48pm
Serenity Now!

Sounds simply divine, Sandy...thing is, jewelry artists some of us are not, and I don't want to add any pressure to anybody's simple enjoyment of our game, if ya know what I mean. And hey! Who wouldn't be intimidated by YOU, she who makes everything look so easy and effortless...

SO - ixnay on that idea, lovely as it was! (Am still mulling over your previous one...)

Next.....?!?

** Sorry folks: Democracy? What's that

Old 2008-01-31, 5:50pm
sunscreen me baby

I like the chain gang idea!

I was thinking of making a charm bracelet. Each person has to attach a charm using one of thier beads and it gets returned to Val full and fluffy to thank her for doing the work to run the game. I can send off chain to whoever gets the box first along with directions on how to add your bead.

~

Old 2008-01-31, 5:51pm
sunscreen me baby

oh heck, just read your post Val. OK, you all have to send me a bead and I'll make the bracelet for Val

~

Old 2008-01-31, 5:56pm

oh YES!! oh yes!!! I got the remainder of my tests back this evening.. I don't have to have surgery.. The tests showed no permanent damage to my heart!!!!! I do have to take some meds. I don't know what it's called but i pick it up tomorrow. I can now tell y'all, i have been worried shitless, but sigh*** I'm gonna be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-01-31, 6:04pm
Mandrel Slayer

That's awesome news Sandy. I am so happy you had no damage.

Val - how about we play pay it forward and backwards. You know how we send a gifty for the next person, lets also send one to the person who sent us the box using something we took from the box.

Thanks,
Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-01-31, 6:10pm

i'm still liking the glass scramble best
Old 2008-01-31, 6:17pm
Serenity Now!

Hot damn, Sandy! That's FANTASTIC news!!!!! I am so happy for you...YAY!!!!!

Okay, okay - I spoke too soon...let's have a vote on the chain-gang idea, or SuzyQ's idea, but with the end-bracelet going up for raffle, or something...Hey! Maybe we can even sell it, and donate the proceeds, or...? Ya know - truly spread the love...

I'm liking this - great minds make for great fun and games! Keep it rolling, folks...

Old 2008-01-31, 6:28pm

chain gang has my vote and i like the idea of a drawing for the winner. but lets add a twist.. made by all the boro box folks , won by (?) and donate the finished piece in the winners honor..
Old 2008-01-31, 7:17pm
Master Procrastinator

Hi Sandy,
First of all, I wasn't privvy to your health scare, but am very happy to hear that you're well.

I also like the idea of the chain gang or something along those lines. I did something similar with a jewelry group I belong to. Our theme was Autumn & the changing of the seasons. We can have a theme or not. In our project we each made a charm for a necklace out of whatever medium we each worked in. I made the lampwork beads in the shape of leaves with an abstract floral type bead & the chain for the charms. Another girl made brass leaves, someone else made leaves out of polymer clay, another wrapped copper wire leaves & the last person made leaf shaped dangles out of ready made beads. When we were done, we auctioned off the necklace on ebay & donated the proceeds from the finished necklace to Susan G. Komen. If you're interested I can dig up the photo.

Actually, it was part of a challenge run by Belle Armoire. Our necklace wound up being featured in the magazine along with several others. I personally would recommend a different magazine where we might actually also get ourselves some exposure besides as well as making a donation to a worthy cause. We can write a story at the end about how we got involved in this project. In the Belle Armoire article, we each wrote 1 paragraph about our particular contribution and then another sort of autobiographical including our websites. I can't say that I got any sales out of it, but Belle Armoire is not too focused on jewelry.

Anyway, just a thought. I can elaborate if anyone's interested.

Old 2008-01-31, 7:28pm
Serenity Now!

I'd LOVE to see a pic, Lea - and think thatt we are definitely onto something here! Elaborate away ~ I'm all ears!