Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-11-23, 4:52am

Hugs to you {{{Val}}}

I'm so sorry that this has happened as this last boro box was my first and I had so much fun with it, but I completely understand where you are coming from. I've noticed the trend myself where people in general just don't seem to care as much any more and I don't understand why.

I would volunteer to host it but with my schedule I'm not sure that would be such a good idea, especially as I will be in the middle of a rather large destash here very soon.

Please let me know if I can help in any way though and if you decide to go ahead with this round.

Donna
Old 2009-11-23, 4:49pm

Val, I am so sorry you are feeling so done. I so understand what you are feeling I have felt that way too. People just don't have the respect for the people waiting or to be fair with there trades. I don't think anyone understands how much work goes into these boxes and how much they cost us to start them. Some don't think the rules apply to them. I am sure that Val understands issues coming up but sometimes it is one thing after another. One thing people don't see is the crap that gets said or done through a pm. Things get said that people would not post in the thread sometimes it is better that way but sometimes I think it would show peoples integrety if they would post for everyone to see. But often it goes with a big shit storm too. I think it says alot about a person when you see how they handle different issues. I hope that you change your mind but I TOTALLY understand if you don't. BIG HUGS!! And Yes what happened to the fun!!!

I would do a boro box too but I don't have enough to fill the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-23, 7:52pm
Still makin' flowers...

The "whatnot" that was in this last box was my fault. Really, it was. After I was done trading stuff out and sorting out the breakage (see below) I had a whole bunch of tools that were gifted to me that I figured I'd just regift. I completely forgot about Val's rule about glass only, but they were IN ADDITION to the swaps that I did, not instead, which is why I had suggested that peeps take the tools and leave glass instead. Nevertheless, I apologize for the confusion and I'll own that particular problem.

Also, the shorts were added in because approximately HALF of what arrived to me was broken and I simply didn't have enough boro to take everything broken out and replace it with full borobox sized rods. I tried labeling everything that I could. The packaging around the glass itself was simply for shit when I got it, but at least it was in a good, sturdy plastic box. Anyone who thought replacing it with a free priority mail cardboard thing was dreaming, and honestly, it just makes sense that when you get a box that is mashed up, you replace it with a good, new, clean plastic one rather than just throw it into a cardboard thing.

It just wouldn't have been fair to the next player to have simply removed those items that were mashed when I got them because there wouldn't have been much left to trade, so what I was HOPING would happen was that people would take a couple of shorts and replace them with a rod. I think I even put a note to that effect into the list.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2009-11-23 at 8:07pm.
Old 2009-11-23, 8:09pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for your kind words ladies, and thanks to those who e-mailed me. This isn't a pity-party, nor a blame-game....so let's stop. Hannah-honey - I appreciate and understand you added stuff in as extras - no sweat. The Box, well, apparently it was switched to make it easier for the person who sent it. 'Nuff said. I really want to know what happened to the fun? That - and Boro, is all the Boro Box game is designed to be about. Nothing else.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-11-24, 5:37pm

Oh Val please don't quit this was my first game and it was so much fun gave me a chance to get colors I had never used please please
Old 2009-11-24, 6:34pm

Please don't quit Mrs. Val. I will help in any way I can. I am still very much learning boro and this was a great way to be exposed to colors that I might not have had access to on my own. I enjoyed being part of the Texas Boro Babes!

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-11-25, 8:02am
Attack of the Snuggie!

Hang in there Val really the box is life. Much like life it has its up and downs. Getting excited emails and posts from people that just got it and whiny complainy people. Just think of it as having a teenager running loose. It's over all a great experiance. As I like to say if you never had bad days how would you recognize a good day when it came along??

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2009-11-25, 2:41pm
The Battle of Boro Boro

Let's put a new rule into effect this round...

Please remember that this game is for the LOVE OF BORO! It's not hard to abide by the rules people. Once the box starts it's journey from Val, please release her from ownership of the box. It is this community's box at that point in time.

No complaints and or bitching people...it's free to play...and we are lucky someone is kind enough to put this together for our community.

Just my two cents....

Old 2009-11-27, 8:24pm

Val you know where I stand with ya <<HUG>> I could make up an album on a site and we could all post pix of what's taken and what's put in, kinda a visual diary if you will ... wouldn't be hard at all. Anything ya need V
Old 2009-11-28, 3:55am
Serenity Now!

...and I know I'm a day late for this seasonal kinda joke, but I was going through some stuff and came upon it. Thought I'd share a little giggle:

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth

was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to
change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words,
playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the

bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled
back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder.
John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in

the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and
screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for
over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly open the door to the

freezer, the parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and
said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and
actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and

I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable
behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to
ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the

bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-11-28, 6:12am
Macaw Mamma

He He that is too cute!!!!

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2009-11-29, 4:43pm

Must send that one to my sister.. Who once owned NOAH Too funny
Old 2010-02-03, 8:55pm

Heyas Val ... big <<HUG>> to yas! I'm out of the loop ... Boro-Box still going to happen? You rock as always for doing this and I sure hope it's still a go when ya can! Any help you need you know all you need do is ask. This thread should get a big ole' sticky!