Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-08-17, 5:41am
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by giapet View Post
YEAH!!!!

Just saw that Sept.'s Metal Camp at Sandra's is ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Karen
Yipee!!! We can have cake and those little
pointy birthday hats! I just love a good party!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-17, 7:36am

August 28th at Barbs? Right Canoeing?

I HAVE to make it to this one. It's been forever.

PS, Deb we need to get together soon! Miss you!

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-17, 8:46am
Button Queen

So far I'm planning on coming to Barb's for the canoeing. I think I'll take a kayak though. Would anyone mind if I brought hubby? He said it sounded like fun, and he could use a good day out. I think he'd get along well with the group...
Old 2010-08-17, 8:48am
Button Queen

Oh crap. I just realized I can't do the Metals camp in Sept. That's the weekend of the Iowa show (hubby's). And I can't do the Oct sleep-over as that is St. James Court in KY (another hubby show).

<heavy sigh>
Old 2010-08-17, 2:21pm

I'm way exited about metal camp!

I
my HH!
Old 2010-08-17, 4:16pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfirebeads View Post
August 28th at Barbs? Right Canoeing?

I HAVE to make it to this one. It's been forever.

PS, Deb we need to get together soon! Miss you!

Chris

Chris darling, your pm box is full!
Old 2010-08-17, 4:18pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclogan View Post
Oh crap. I just realized I can't do the Metals camp in Sept. That's the weekend of the Iowa show (hubby's). And I can't do the Oct sleep-over as that is St. James Court in KY (another hubby show).

<heavy sigh>
Old 2010-08-17, 8:48pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
I think I'll take a kayak though.
I managed to flip a kayak with me and my grandson in it in water that was not even knee deep. That takes special talent. Luckily Evan was willing to get back in the kayak with me.

My daughter and her best friend Nakea had gone too They had so much fun flipping each other over. They were in the water just about as much time as they were in the kayak's. Very sad Nakea left this morning to go back to Afghanistan. Nakea and Jess have been friends since 2nd grade. That day kayaking was so surreal. I had just looked at a bunch of pictures of Nakea the day before with her troop and her carrying around a machine gun. Then to see her playing in water like a kid the next day. The two images don't fit together.

Old 2010-08-21, 3:38am

I'm excited for Metal Camp. We'll have to ge a car pool going from GR.

Old 2010-08-21, 9:38am
Enjoying Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmelinn View Post
I'm excited for Metal Camp. We'll have to ge a car pool going from GR.
I'm in!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-08-21, 11:08am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
My daughter and her best friend Nakea had gone too They had so much fun flipping each other over. They were in the water just about as much time as they were in the kayak's. Very sad Nakea left this morning to go back to Afghanistan. Nakea and Jess have been friends since 2nd grade. That day kayaking was so surreal. I had just looked at a bunch of pictures of Nakea the day before with her troop and her carrying around a machine gun. Then to see her playing in water like a kid the next day. The two images don't fit together.
I hope she stays safe, Jamey.

Old 2010-08-23, 8:22am
Cute and bitey

If everyone feels that last December worked out ok at my house, I'd like to host in December again, since no one has spoken up for that month. Either the 4th or the 11th would be best. I'll let you guys pick which would be better for your schedules.
Old 2010-08-23, 5:39pm
Anyone need some spacers?

The 11th would be best for Sandra and I we hope to get into the Lansing art fair on the 4th

Laurie AKA Matrix, are you going??? would you like a ride from Otsego?

Old 2010-08-24, 5:51pm
Burn baby burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
Laurie AKA Matrix, are you going??? would you like a ride from Otsego?
Hey Tracy -

I'm planning on Saturday at Barb's. I'd love to carpool. Let me know what time to meet you guys and where.

Laurie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Old 2010-08-24, 6:58pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Is anyone else going from the Battle Creek or Kazoo area??? We have more space for folks to ride We will be leaving the Battle Creek Dunkin Doughnuts at 9:45 and Wally world in Otsego around 10:30.

Old 2010-08-25, 9:31am
going crazy

Robin, (Right now) either weekend works for me.

My button mandrel listed here!
Old 2010-08-26, 6:36pm
Enjoying Life!

Sept... metal camp... How does metal camp work? Sorta like dipwad?
Can someone teach cold connections, like riveting with tubing and also with wire? (not bhb riveting).

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-08-27, 9:01am
Button Queen

December - the 11th is best for me as we also hope to get into the MSU show.

And I'll be there tomorrow for the kayaking. I'm bringing Broccoli Slaw.

See you all tomorrow...!!!!
Old 2010-08-30, 7:00am
Cute and bitey

Do we have an agenda yet for metal camp? Just wondering what the activities will be so I will know what kinds of supplies to bring. I went out and bought a few things after metal camp last year, like one of those mini-hacksaws to cut tubing, and have yet to use it! I'm trying to convince my friend Kate to come with me. She is a silversmith and teaches a class at Delphi on fine silver fusing. I'm not necessarily volunteering her to demo anything yet - I still have to work on getting her to come with me. She's got some cool stuff for show and tell, in any case.

It looks like Dec 11th will be the best date for the Dec meeting. Melissa - can you mark me down for that date? I'd like to do something similar to last year with a Christmas bead (or finished jewelry) exchange and I'll figure out something fun to demo that we can do as a working project. And of course, FOOD FOOD FOOD (and drink)!
Old 2010-08-31, 8:13pm

for metal camp i will bring guacamole and nachos.
karen meyer

karenmeyer.etsy.com
Old 2010-09-07, 5:57pm
I have beady eyes

Metal camp-torch fired enamels - We will show you how. You can do this with a hot head or big girl torch - super easy and instant gratification. Bring a washer or scrap of copper to try it out. We will have some enamels. Also bring crosslock forceps, hemostats or plain forceps if you have them (to hold the metal in the flame). Bring a particle mask if you would like to use one - dry enamels will fly all over and you shouldn't breathe them.
Tracy will have some beads for sale.

I am making an enamel order. I will be ordering Chamois brown, bitter green, storm, cobalt, pumpkin, black, victoria red. All opaque colors. Cost will be about $45 for this entire set. 80 mesh - enamel for copper or brass - 2 oz each color. We might be able to divide into 1 oz to keep it a little cheaper. Anyone want a set? Let me know, I'll be ordering soon. We can also make another order later - but I know some of you will want to go home and play right away.
Old 2010-09-07, 6:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouveau Glass Works View Post
for metal camp i will bring guacamole and nachos.
karen meyer
I will be happy to see you

Old 2010-09-07, 6:24pm

Just a reminder .......
Metal Camp at Hodunk Hollow in Coldwater on Sunday....
September 19th.....

Old 2010-09-08, 2:22pm
Enjoying Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodunkhollow View Post
Just a reminder .......
Metal Camp at Hodunk Hollow in Coldwater on Sunday....
September 19th.....
Can't wait!
What time Sandy?

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-09-09, 2:57pm
Button Queen

I hate to make you guys think too much in advance, but does anyone have a preference for the October meeting? I'm booked the first two weekends, so it has to be mid-late Oct.
Old 2010-09-10, 9:53am
Enjoying Life!

Quote:
I hate to make you guys think too much in advance, but does anyone have a preference for the October meeting? I'm booked the first two weekends, so it has to be mid-late Oct.
I am free the 16th and the 23rd, but not the 30th. No preference here!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-09-10, 11:09am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Mid is the 16th and it is the Bead Expo weekend, not to mention my birthday too The only free weekends I have is the 8th and the 30th. Its a fun bead month with Debs gathering too

Old 2010-09-10, 6:53pm
Enjoying Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
Mid is the 16th and it is the Bead Expo weekend, not to mention my birthday too The only free weekends I have is the 8th and the 30th. Its a fun bead month with Debs gathering too
Bead expo, yay! I forgot all about that, and Deb's sleepover too! Sounds like October will be a busy month again!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-09-12, 10:37am
Enjoying Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristabman View Post
Metal camp-torch fired enamels - We will show you how. You can do this with a hot head or big girl torch - super easy and instant gratification. Bring a washer or scrap of copper to try it out. We will have some enamels. Also bring crosslock forceps, hemostats or plain forceps if you have them (to hold the metal in the flame). Bring a particle mask if you would like to use one - dry enamels will fly all over and you shouldn't breathe them.
Tracy will have some beads for sale.

I am making an enamel order. I will be ordering Chamois brown, bitter green, storm, cobalt, pumpkin, black, victoria red. All opaque colors. Cost will be about $45 for this entire set. 80 mesh - enamel for copper or brass - 2 oz each color. We might be able to divide into 1 oz to keep it a little cheaper. Anyone want a set? Let me know, I'll be ordering soon. We can also make another order later - but I know some of you will want to go home and play right away.
Crista,
should we bring our hotheads? Is this all we will be doing at metal camp, or should we bring other stuff? Where are you ordering enamels from? I thought you needed more than 2 ozs to do it?
thanks!

~ SRA #T62
Old 2010-09-12, 5:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLou View Post
Can't wait!
What time Sandy?
Any time near 11AM works for me.......