Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-08-02, 5:45pm

Default Cool New Tool - MURRINI HOLDER

This is one of the tools in the line that has been born out of my own need. I get a bit frustrated using murrini. They slide down my torch mounted marver and bunch up next to the metal guard, or inevitably roll away if I place them on the table, and are tricky to pick up with a tweezers. I like putting them on the back of one of my marvers, but they slide off if I pick up the tool. The obvious solution was to make 'holding cavities', and I've finally gotten around to designing that tool. I wasn't sure what page to put it on so it's on the frit page, the misc page, and the mixed cavity page.

There are 25 cavities to hold the murrini, and they range in size from 6mm to 12mm. The cavities are 2mm deep, deep enough that the murrini won't fall out when the tool is picked up, shallow enough for picking up the murrini with a tweezers or directly onto the hot bead. Then I went a step further and added a gently curved lentil cavity for reshaping, or use it to hold a bit of crushed aventurine.

If you're a tweezers-user-murrini-picker-upper-guy, you can really load up. If you're a plunge-the-bead-onto-the-murrini-to-pick-it-up-guy, there are enough cavities to space the murrini far enough apart to accommodate that method. If you're a prewarm-my-murrini-guy, you can place the tool on top of the kiln (along with your murrini) to get some heat into the graphite.

Can be found on the
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, the
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and the

-Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna Felkner -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
Old 2014-08-02, 6:38pm

Wow, this is a great idea!
Old 2014-08-03, 9:15am

What a great solution. You totally rock.
Old 2014-08-03, 8:13pm

Thanks....

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2014-08-03, 8:15pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Yeah, that is a great idea. You're very innovative.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2014-08-04, 6:52am
dances with ideas...

That is very cool!

Old 2014-08-04, 7:02am

I used it a little bit the other day. If you're putting murrini on the surface of a bead, I like that you can spread them out and pick one up directly onto a hot bead, no tweezers.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2014-08-04, 9:48am
I speak Murrini!

Fantastic!

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2014-08-04, 5:17pm

Some of those Murrini are yours DeAnne, I hoard yours.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-