Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-04-18, 12:38pm

Default Lauscha colours testing links?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, found clear compatibility battles but nothing about behaviour of the coloured glass.

With the first order I got some transparent orange (150-46, this item # I have in the invoice). I like this juicy (almost "Fanta" drink) colour but was surprised that the dots (not all of them but some) melted in Lauscha's yellow-orange transparent ( 151-68 ) bleached and appeared as clear dots. Some remained orange. (The item #-s are from the invoice, I do not know if these are Lauscha's original item #-s).

It is not a big issue, don't have a huge stock of it, just some rods. Like its behaviour in the flame and do not to give it up, so want to know more about it.

Thank you in advance
Old 2015-04-18, 4:47pm

Katia, I'd like to help, but orange not being a favorite color of mine, that's one Lauscha color I don't have.
Old 2015-04-19, 2:51am

ESC, I am not a fan of orange also, it just provides a nice contrast to the ugly snowflakes still flying outside, grey sky and bare trees
Old 2015-04-19, 4:59am
Peerless Thread Killer

It sounds like you have to strike the orange to get the color to bloom.

Old 2015-04-19, 8:08am

Neagle, I'll try to show (please disregard the ugly beginner's bead and quick photo) - the rods are behind the bead as they are. I pulled a stringer and placed some dots and melted them. The dot to the right remained orange and the one in the centre looks like a dot of transparent was melted in. But I swear, I used only orange...

Old 2015-04-19, 10:18am

Try introducing it in the flame after it has cooled a bit. The color may pop out.
Old 2015-04-19, 11:55am

Pat, Neagle, thanks, understood, I'll give it a try!
Old 2015-04-20, 5:08am

Yup - those are translucent colours, and how transparent or not they end up varies depending on how long you work them/how much you strike them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2015-04-20, 8:12pm

Also if your rods have rings of color be sure to wiggle the rods to mix the colors as they come off the rod. I have seen the tangerine and the yellows with rings of clear. Their tangerine and yellows are really vibrant!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2015-04-21, 1:36pm

Kalorlo, Paula, thank you The rods seem to be perfectly uniform in colour, as far as I see my hands are not uniform yet (if you see a pair of uniform hands at ebay please be so kind to PM me) It is not a disappointment for me, I'll try to understand it (a friend of mine adores this colour so I know what I could probably add to her Christmas giftbox)