Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2015-04-21, 10:15am

Default momka use for implosions

Hi there,

I Just started with boro after a couple of years working with soft glass, and can use some help.
I am working on a minor with 2 concentrators.
I've tried to make some implosions and have seen a lot of video's, but they all are working with a burner with a lot more power.
Mine implosions fail with the outside dots, they do not implode like the inside ones
If you can gave me some tips, I would be very gratefull
An other question: which of the momka glass will be great for implosions and how to use the glass for the best results.
I've seen some at the list by tutorials, but I Just started and don't have all the glass on the list. So tips are very welcome.
Thank you so much.
Anja

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bless; 2015-04-21 at 10:30am.
Old 2015-04-21, 11:11am

a lot of Momka's colors have high silver (and other metal) content...that's why they produce such a gorgeous color shift.
getting those colors on oxycons is hard, as it's hard to keep a really oxidizing flame. it's also hard to get the colors to do what you want under deep encasement (implosions).

Brent Graber sells dvd's that show his heart technique, although that shape may not be what you want, he does tell some of the secrets in regards to getting striking colors to POP under encasement.
Old 2015-04-21, 1:35pm

you can do great small implosions on a minor. i have tought classes doing implosions on 12 mm rods with minors and student that had never melt glass where able to do implosion pendant and marbles on minors.

show pictures of what your getting might help. most of the times i have heard of glass not imploding it from not getting the marea hot enough to flow back to a ball with elbow up.
so keep practing and use youtube helps.

as for momka glass i agree with istandalone about getting the color your looking for and there are some color that might check later, but if your doing the right process they sould implode for you.

Living the dream rocking a GTT Mirage and or 40mm Herbert Arnold J Howard Style with a home fill system in south central Wisconsin
Old 2015-04-22, 2:59am

i'd suggest fume and clear. makes the best implosions imho, and way cheaper then colored glass. at least to learn on.
Old 2015-04-23, 12:05am

Is the glass from Glass Alchemy more useable???
Thank you so much.
Greetings Anja

Old 2015-04-23, 12:16am

If i want to start with fuming, is that possible on a minor with 2 concentrators??

Old 2015-04-23, 12:54am

You can fume no problem
Old 2015-04-29, 6:19pm

I have had issues with Momka's sonata checking on flower implosions and vortex marbles.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein