Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-02-28, 7:10pm
Type ZZZ personality

Default GlassStock 09 Class List!!! Apply to attend now!

GlassStock 2009 September 3-6 South Beach, Oregon
Send in your entry to attend now!
Entries will be accepted now through April 15.

To apply, e-mail the following information to: GS09entry@originalglassstock.com
  • Full name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • LE or WC screen name

There are lots of fabulous classes offered at this year's event.
For more detailed information, visit the official GlassStock web page.

FEATURED ARTISTS:

Bandhu Dunham
Boro Sculptural Animal Forms - Beginning
Things Inside Tubing - Beginning/Intermediate
The Incredible Marble Run - Advanced
Pivots, Cranks and Pulleys: Kinetic Sculpture Components - Demo

Jen Geldard
Enamels! - Intermediate
Snakeskin Focal - Intermediate/Advanced
Metallic Ornate Bead - Intermediate/Advanced

Josh Mazet
Form and Facet: Get your Grind on! 2-part class - Intermediate, torch exp a must!
Boro Sculpture: Assemblage of a Mushroom Patch - Intermediate

John Lindquist
Simple Boro Sea Sculpture - Intermediate
Simple Boro Sea Sculpture - Demo
Component Boro Sea Sculpture - Demo

Mark McCourt
Curly Pendant - Beginning/Intermediate - Class offered twice!
Venetian Goblet - Intermediate/Advanced, tubing exp required
Martini Glass - Demo
Lidded Inkwell and Pen - Demo

Eric Eidner
Lifelike Orchid Sculptures - Demo
Lifelike Orchid Goblet - Demo

OTHER INSTRUCTORS:

Deb Crowley
Soft Glass Sculpture Fauna - Beginning/Intermediate
Blown Boro Shell Pendants - Intermediate, some tubing exp required!
Copper Electroforming on Organics - Demo

Deb Crowley & Julia Lund
Copper Enameling - Beginning

Carol Cryed
Twisted Wire Bracelet - Beginning

Bernie Hardesty Filemyr
Precious Metal Clay (PMC) - Beginning
Rings and Findings in Metal Clay - Intermediate/Advanced - metal clay exp required

Karen Hardy
Viking Knit Chains - Beginning - Class offered twice!

Kaye Husko
Organic Bling Focal Beads - Intermediate

Doretha Jones
Sculptural Seashell Lampwork Beads - Beginning/Intermediate, lampwork exp helpful!
EASY Beaded Wire Crochet - Beginning

Loco
Playing with Loco's Voices (beads) (Warning! -- could be rated R) - Beginner

Julia Lund
Hollow beads - Beginning/Intermediate

Kati O'Meara
Kaiser Lee Board - Beginning - Class offered twice!

Otter
Soft Glass Off Mandrel Pendants - Beginning/Intermediate

Pam Pitts
Beginning Soft Glass Marbles - Beginning, lampwork exp helpful!
Dichroic Etching & Dicro-Slide - Beginning, glass cutting exp helpful!

Patty Pulliam
Miniature Blown Vessels - Intermediate
Basic Wire Wrapping Techniques - Beginning

Angie Ramey
On and Off Mandrel Borosilicate Flowers - Beginning/Intermediate

Maria Richmond
Soldered Wire and Glass Bead Sculpture - Beginning - Class offered twice!
Bracelet using Reclaimed/Recycled Wire - Beginning

Hugh Salkinds
Coil-Potted Hollow Beads - Advanced, some tubing exp required!

Shawn Tucker
Geode Slice With Sculptural Frog Pendant - Intermediate
Blown Ornaments and Icicles - Intermediate

Shawn Turner
Soft Glass Organic Reaction Beads - Beginning

Bill Webb
Faceting Your Lampwork Beads - Beginning

Chris Webb
Fused Glass pendants - Beginning, glass cutting exp helpful!

In addition to the fabulous classes:

LIVE AUCTION AND RAFFLE FOR GS SCHOLARSHIPS AND BIGGER BORO KILN FOR GS

BEST HAT USING GLASS CONTEST

OPEN TORCH EVENINGS

MAN AUCTION FOR GS TOOLS: MEN KEEP HALF THIS YEAR, WORK IT GUYS!

WOMAN AUCTION: PROCEEDS TO LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER OR WOMEN'S CRISIS HOUSE, YOUR CHOICE!

PAJAMA JAM IN BOTH SOFT AND BORO ROOMS, WEAR JAMMIES TO PLAY!

BEST PAJAMAS CONTEST

GROUP PICTURE

T-SHIRT SIGNING PARTY

SUNDAY BBQ -- to die for!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons

Last edited by rusticstudio; 2009-04-05 at 10:00pm.
Old 2009-03-02, 3:10pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Patty, you rock! OK, I have posted Hardship Scholarship info on GS09entry page....also SOME DATES have changed for paying fee and picking classes. I have moved them to later in May, about 2 more weeks for you all to get the $$ together, yippee!
deb

Old 2009-03-03, 8:01am
Wooohooo,GS!

Bump.....catch the new dates....sign up now for a chance to come!
deb

Old 2009-03-08, 12:28am
Dakine glass man

Bump....Check out the lineup this year.....ALLSTAR!! Sign up now!! This is a once a year event, but did you see the headliner this year...........BANDHU "M-F-ING" DUNHAM.....I mean the guys a legend. For me this makes this year a once in a lifetime event. And for under a grand ooooooooo man. And thats not the half of it....I mean Geldard, McCourt, Mazet, Graber, and Eidner!!! and that's just the feature spots. Check out the rest of the list too.......Hands down best class deal of the year!! You can't afford not to go to this one. I'm comin all the way from hawaii so it's not too far. Don't miss your chance. Signup now early before the deadline.

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2009-03-09, 7:05am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks John, I really think this is the best line up ever! REMEMBER, all of you who are teaching need to put your names/info in too! The list is over 50 already....woohoo!
We always take a large percentage of new people so even if you are just starting to torch, this could be a life changing experience for your art! Sign up through mid-April!
Hope to see you all there!
deb

Old 2009-03-16, 5:19pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! I just updated first page of the orginalglassstock.com website with some details for those of you who have never been to the event. It explains some of what happens and some of what you can expect. Also has featured sponsors who are coming this year so save your $$ for new tools and glass, woohoo!

Hugs deb

Old 2009-03-16, 6:31pm
Glass n00b

How do we find out if our entry was accepted?
Old 2009-03-21, 11:23pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Mrs. Grace, the entries will all go into a hat middle of April and after draw we will email all winners and let the others know they are on the waiting list like last year.
deb

Old 2009-04-02, 8:33pm
Dakine glass man

Bump only two weeks left to apply!! do it do it!

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2009-04-05, 10:02pm
Type ZZZ personality

This is just gonna rock!
I don't want to wish the summer away, but...

I CAN'T WAIT!!

Old 2009-04-09, 7:35pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Patty, it sounds like you and Mr. Greenstone are getting "antsy".

I bet you both already have your bags packed!

Sara

Old 2009-04-09, 8:10pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! Just back from a glorious show in Vegas! Great friends, teaching a lot, melting glass and getting up close and personal on the Invitational Floor, wow!! Now a couple days to unpack and will get the last updates to class changes soon.
Unfortunately, Brent Graber (Mr. Smiley) won't be able to make it this year, we will miss him! Some regular staff changes also, they just can't fit it in with the economy, some lost jobs, we wish them all the best and will miss them too. Please check the website class page after Wednesday and it should have the final class schedule.

We do have a few new artists that jumped in at Vegas, also possibly some hot shop classes again this year (no promise yet but just may happen!).

I am getting anxious too Sara, will post more in a few days when I catch up here.
Thanks John, you rock, I can't wait to see you!

Hugs all deb

Old 2009-04-30, 7:08pm
it is what it is......

so excited!!!!!! so excited!

Old 2009-05-01, 12:11am
He can do the origami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
This is just gonna rock!
I don't want to wish the summer away, but...

I CAN'T WAIT!!
LOL Patty, I remember having this exact conversation with you last year.... just so excited for GS that you want it to hurry but you do not want to wish away all the days in between. I hear ya!

Get ready Sada's!!!!

Otter
Old 2009-05-01, 4:57pm
Type ZZZ personality

yup!

Old 2009-05-02, 10:46am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter's Flame View Post
LOL Patty, I remember having this exact conversation with you last year.... just so excited for GS that you want it to hurry but you do not want to wish away all the days in between. I hear ya!

Get ready Sada's!!!!

Otter
Need me some Otter.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-05-03, 5:47pm
Wooohooo,GS!

I need me some everybody at GS!

Old 2009-05-04, 5:53am

Me too.
September is too far away.
Joan
Old 2009-05-11, 8:43pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Yup Cant wait!! *bouncing*

Old 2009-05-11, 8:44pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Its just going to be the start of an awesome trip for me, filled with glassy goodness.

Old 2009-05-11, 8:54pm
Wooohooo,GS!

ahhhhhh, glassy goooooodnessssssss

Old 2009-10-10, 3:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
ahhhhhh, glassy goooooodnessssssss
I miss you! Are there any links with photo's or such about this year, I couldn't find any. Just picked up the fFow with your fish tut, you will always rock. Haven't been online much lately, lots of life happening. Love you girlfriend, Sheila

_
Old 2009-10-10, 4:04pm

Hi Sheila,
There were some pics on Facebook - Maggie took a bunch plus some for a few others.
Melody

Old 2009-10-16, 7:54am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Melody! Love and miss you!
Sheila, been calling you....not getting through and have been worried! Call me ok, how are you guys doing? Love and miss you bunches....deb

Old 2009-10-17, 8:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_lover View Post
Hi Sheila,
There were some pics on Facebook - Maggie took a bunch plus some for a few others.
Melody
thanks, do you have a link?

_
Old 2009-10-17, 8:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Thanks Melody! Love and miss you!
Sheila, been calling you....not getting through and have been worried! Call me ok, how are you guys doing? Love and miss you bunches....deb
Actually, just as things seem to be getting better I get thrown another suck ass bone that drags me down. I miss you girlfriend and all my glassie friends!I sent you a pm with new #, Miss and love to all you guys, Vickie and Patti and all of ya all!

_
Old 2009-10-17, 9:55pm

Here is the public link to the GS photos I took.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=fb1fd780c3

You can also send me a friend request:
http://www.facebook.com/maggie.macdonald