Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-03-02, 12:20pm

Default Los Angeles Basic Lampworking 8 weeks starting April 1st

Hi Everyone,
My husband (Kurt Johnson) will be teaching a basic lamp work course at the McGroarty Arts center in Tunjunga, CA (just north of la) Starting April 1st. There will be eight three hour classes on Wednesdays from 6 to 9 P.M. The classes will be taught outside on the patio and will use the new Cricket torch from GTT. The total cost is $250 plus $25 materials.
Each student will have their own workstation with torch and tools. Glass will be provided. The emphasis will be on PPP each week. There will be a short lecture and demo, but the majority of the time will be spent working with hot glass.
This class is designed for beginners, but any one with any hot or warm glass experience will benefit form the information.
Thanks,
Sabrina
Old 2009-03-02, 1:47pm
I speak Murrini!

Good luck to you Sabrina (love your name, by the way!) and your hubby! With this course running 8 weeks long, it sounds like a great deal at the price you posted, and will give your students plenty of time to learn and absorb - then revisit and refine what they learn each session!

All my best to you both - and your lucky students as well!

DeAnne in Arcadia (San Gabriel Valley, CA - near the Arboretum!)

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-08, 10:18pm

Thanks DeAnne,
We have been making beads together for 3 years, my husband has been marble making for 8 years. We jumped at chance to teach at an arts center here in LA. My husband has always thought of lamp work as fine art. the class is structured for the beginner with the intent to have a person get as much torch time as possible. Kurt has been influenced by the classes he has taken with Loren. Learn how to work with hot glass and do anything you want!
Sabrina
Old 2010-07-03, 4:39pm

Saboo - Does you husband have any near future plans to teach lampwork at McGroarty Arts Center again? I want to get started in lampwork and have been looking for a workshop where I can get lots of practice. I live in the San Fernando Valley very close to McGroarty. Does he have any plan to teach somewhere else close by? Thanks,