Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-12-04, 2:30pm
Salt Box Beads

Default Studio Gurus, Do I have This In Proper Order?

We will be doing the inside of our Tuff Shed soon and I need to know if I have everything in the proper order? There will be no inspections but we want to do it right anyway.

I have already coated the floor twice with Copper Green

1. Put down plywood to put ceramic tiles on later.

2. Pull electrical and get all outlets in place

3. Do the fuel lines/plumbing for oxygen and propane

4. Do Insulation

5. Put up wallboard, tape, texture and paint

6. Flooring ( ceramic tiles) installed

7. Baseboards

I am not sure when we should do the cutouts for the intake air vents and the exhausted air. I would think last after I get the workbench installed??

Should the fuel lines also be installed after the workbench is in? The fuel tanks will be outside and hardpiped in with safety valves inside. Is there anything else I should/could do?

We have to build it in stages as finances allow so I don't want to make any costly mistakes.

Any thoughts or rearranging of my work order and the why's would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2011-12-04, 5:35pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Pretty much...

Fuel lines could wait along with fan cut outs (ventilation) till you have bench and whatever exactly where you want it ..

As Norm Abrams from New Yankee Workshop says... "Measure twice, cut once"...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-12-04, 5:44pm
Salt Box Beads

Thank you Dale, We love Norm
Old 2011-12-05, 10:49am
Curmudgeon Engineering

A few notes to add to Dale's suggestions;

You may want to put a few outlets at waist level depending on what will be plugged in there. I put several above bench level for those short time uses to eliminate bending down under a bench I knew would have 'stuff' under it later. LOL

If you know approx. where your vent exhaust will be located you may want to frame in support/backup framing for the opening. Makes it easier to attach ducting pieces/trim and fan supports, that sort of thing.

While you're at it you might think about pulling cable for phone, TV, alarm, speakers, or intercom.

PJ
Old 2011-12-05, 1:19pm

do you have to include specs for heating and/or cooling? or just air circulation besides the air vents for work?
Old 2011-12-05, 2:05pm

hubby puts outlets in the ceiling where he can drag his huge woodworking tools out there, use them and then put them back up against the walls of the garage. We've used them to death. He also made sure he had dedicated outlets for items pulling lots of wattage. Nothing else on those circuits.

Old 2011-12-05, 2:46pm
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
A few notes to add to Dale's suggestions;

You may want to put a few outlets at waist level depending on what will be plugged in there. I put several above bench level for those short time uses to eliminate bending down under a bench I knew would have 'stuff' under it later. LOL

If you know approx. where your vent exhaust will be located you may want to frame in support/backup framing for the opening. Makes it easier to attach ducting pieces/trim and fan supports, that sort of thing.

While you're at it you might think about pulling cable for phone, TV, alarm, speakers, or intercom.
Thank you for those. All outlets will be over 36" high because we flood here. So far never up to this patio but one never knows. Extra framing now added to the list! Extra cable for alarm and intercom added to the list. Thanks so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorisue View Post
do you have to include specs for heating and/or cooling? or just air circulation besides the air vents for work?
We don't have to include specs for anything because it is only a 10 X 12 and does not need permitted. We have a huge squirrel cage blower with three speeds the lowest CFM is 1100 so having enough replacement air is paramount to our system working.
Heating will be a small quartz type heater and the kiln and cooling will be a small air conditioner mounted over the window up high on the wall. I hope I understood and answered your question?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2 View Post
hubby puts outlets in the ceiling where he can drag his huge woodworking tools out there, use them and then put them back up against the walls of the garage. We've used them to death. He also made sure he had dedicated outlets for items pulling lots of wattage. Nothing else on those circuits.
My DH uses his ceiling outlets all of the time..Thank-you for reminding me. jeepers the list is growing..LOL