Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-01-23, 8:57am

Default January BOC Frit Challenge Drawing Contestants and Prize

The Challenge is still going strong thanks to every one of you that picks a BOC Sample with your order and makes those few extra beads! Remember - you don't have to order anything BUT the BOC samples if you don't want to. The kiddos really need the beads so badly and they do so much good. I wish that you could see the children that I work with - they are heartbreaking but so very brave.

So far January's contestants are:
1. Caroline Davis
2. Rebekah Morris (Canada!)
3. Melissa Blumer
4. Carly Kear
5. Cori Ruszowski
6. Anna Price
7. Brenda Ingles
8. Michelle Veizaga
9. Christine McElroy

The prize for January's drawing will be a 0.5oz Opaque Rainbow Sampler to shake off the winter blues.

Just to get you ready for February, February's drawing prize will be 0.5oz of Zimmerman Lilac Rose Special and 0.5oz of Zimmerman Purple Rose Special!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...

Last edited by ThatFritGirl; 2011-01-29 at 9:21am. Reason: added name (s)
Old 2011-01-24, 8:55am

When do we have to have the beads by? Thanks so much for doing this. Its such a great program.

Caroline
Old 2011-01-24, 9:51am

Hi Caroline! Thanks! The challenge is supposed to be fun and relaxing for our lampworkers while benefiting the kiddos. Get the samples that you'd like to try out, make the beads as you find time, and send them in to me when you have them made. I send boxes in to BOC as they fill up. Taxi's are always leaving the station, so to speak... There is no pressure. I just want you guys to try frit and the kiddos to get beads!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-01-24, 11:32am
Uh-oh means it's too late

Hi Leslie here are the beads I made with Guinneveres Sister and Strawberry Mountains
I had another focal but it cracked
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I will have some more done today for your box-
I will have these posted by Friday so am I in January's or Feb's Challenge?

I am going over to the site to pick out a few samples I want to try out and get those beads in as well for Feb's Challenge

Old 2011-01-24, 11:40am

just ordered some other samples to get me started

Old 2011-01-24, 12:28pm

Whichever month you order samples in is the month you get entered in the drawing. AND you get entered in it as many times as you order!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-01-24, 1:14pm

Beautiful hearts Michelle! Lovely work on the stringer details.
Old 2011-01-24, 4:58pm

Thank you pattyk!!! I am loving the Goldstone contrast with her frits!

Old 2011-01-24, 5:04pm

Oh WOW Michelle! I can see the hearts now! I couldn't see them at work! Beautiful!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-01-25, 7:50am
Tending The Fire!

Lovely colours on your hearts Michelle! Very nicely done. The goldstone looks great with these!

Looking forward to giving my BOC frit a try! It would appear that I'm representn' for my country there....go Canada!

Thanks Leslie. I think what you're doing with these challenges is fantastic and I'm glad to play a part

My Facebook Page!

Old 2011-01-25, 9:02am

Thank you Leslie and Beck!! I am loving this whole idea!! I think what Leslie is doing is so wonderful. I have known terminally ill children and there is nothing that brightens their smiles more than Random Acts Of Kindness. I look forward to making a few more before i send this batch out to Leslie (I still have a little more frit to use up of each color)

Take Care Ladies!!!

Hugs

Old 2011-01-26, 8:52am

Michelle I love those hearts, would you mind sharing what frit you used for the pink one? I just love it. My studio will be finished saturday and I am so excited!

Caroline