Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-04-02, 4:37am
Your Royal Fritness

Default Beads of Courage Endeavour Scrapbook

I would like to create a digital scrapbook of the BOC Endeavour launch. Will you please post your news and articles here it when it happens. It must of been a slow news day to make the cover
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The count down begins!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Article Link:

Radio Print link

Radio Interview

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-02, 5:53am
Queen Bead

Dawn
What a great story!! Finally a news article with some good news. Enjoy every minute of it, and have a great vacation.

Doreen
I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied. "I created You." ~ Jim Willis
Old 2011-04-02, 7:28am

Great article Dawn! It must be a wonderful feeling to be a part of something so historical, and something that brings even more exposure to Beads of Courage. Congrats!

Old 2011-04-02, 8:08am

Dawn,
You know I'm a fan of BOC, and also a fan of you and your beads! Wish I was there to give you a big hug. I understand you're becoming quite a celebrity. I'll be anxious to hear all about your trip to the launch. Have the most wonderful time and I'll see you in May!
Sharlyn
Old 2011-04-02, 2:34pm
Your Royal Fritness

Thanks ladies, they did a really nice job on the article for BOC.

Sharlyn I am so looking forward to hanging with you again in May, I miss you! Hey we even get to hang in June at Bead and Button, I can't wait to go, Cyber (((HGUS)))

Old 2011-04-03, 11:29pm

Dawn, congrats & have a "blast" at the launch.
Thanks so much for posting this for us to enjoy.

Happy creating,
ginger
Old 2011-04-04, 5:54am

Great article! Have fun at the launch - wish we could be there with you.

Robert
Old 2011-04-04, 8:10am

Everyone has a few more weeks to make plans for the launch......

NASA Retargets Space Shuttle Endeavour's Launch for April 29
Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:08:41 AM EDT

Following discussions among the International Space Station partners on Sunday, NASA has targeted the launch of space shuttle Endeavour's STS-134 mission for 3:47 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 29. The delay removes a scheduling conflict with a Russian Progress supply vehicle scheduled to launch April 27 and arrive at the station April 29.

NASA managers will hold a Flight Readiness Review on Tuesday, April 19, to assess the team's readiness to support launch. An official launch date will be selected at the conclusion of the meeting.

Only minor damage to space shuttle Endeavour's external fuel tank foam was identified during detailed inspections Saturday by technicians and engineers on Launch Pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Evaluations indicate there was no damage to the spacecraft. Teams were assessing any possible damage from severe storms that hit Kennedy on Wednesday and Thursday. ‪
Today, workers at the pad will continue closeouts in Endeavour's aft section and will load hydrazine into the shuttle's hydraulic power unit.

Last edited by tikiterri; 2011-04-04 at 8:15am.
Old 2011-04-04, 8:11am

Great article Dawn!!!! And we are looking forward to meeting you!
Terri