Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-03-11, 6:26am
aka Spawn Of Flame

I mean - welcome back!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
--

Old 2008-03-11, 7:05am
2008 About Time !

Geez - I just got back from Louisville KY myself was there from last Tuesday till Sunday - I got to visit the Glassfactory downtown but that was about it (I was sick with the flu and was attending the Pumper Cleaner Show )
So do you have a list of how many can fit in the house ? maps of where it is - I'm a planner and I have to look at everything first - flights, accomodation - how I'm going to bring 1/2 my studio - you know the basics........

Old 2008-03-11, 7:51am

No way Deborah! We were out at the KY Exposition Center near the airport. How'd you like the snow?

I have most of the info in the first post of this thread. We're up to 20 in the cabin - 30 is the limit. Any over 30 need to tent or get a hotel room. Let me know if you have other questions. We'll probably start planning more seriously in a few weeks...

Old 2008-03-11, 8:42am
2008 About Time !

Uhhh me too ! your telling me there was a craft show there as well at the same time ? O I was there at the end of the month from the 27th to the 2nd so maybe last week was a craft show -hmmmm next year I could stay on.......for a day or so ........
Beds - you have 20 beds or is that a sleeping bag thing

Old 2008-03-11, 11:21am
Obsessed Blogger

It's beds. This place is amazing! There are a few bedrooms with multiple beds, a big finished walk out basement with futons, some roll aways and the upstairs loft is dorm style with lots of beds. No bunk beds up there but plenty of other beds. No one sleeps on a couch. I think some people brought blow up beds too but I don't remember.

It should be called a lodge instead of a cabin.

::
Old 2008-03-20, 5:02am

Thanks for answering Lori. I'm going to check with Carol today. I think they switched some beds around recently. But there's plenty of room for up to 30 of us in the cabin. Some are bringing air beds, some will share doubles or queens.

Anyone else planning on coming?

Old 2008-03-28, 6:49am
Your Royal Fritness

Nancy,

I've just talked with Ruth and she is coming to the retreat & will show and share tools again, Yeah!

I can't wait for May!

Dawn

Old 2008-04-02, 6:58pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
Nancy,

I've just talked with Ruth and she is coming to the retreat & will show and share tools again, Yeah!

Dawn
Woo-hoo!
Old 2008-04-02, 7:08pm

hi sounds like fun! wish i could come but its the weekend of the east lansing art fair and that is a big weekend for me!
Old 2008-04-02, 7:42pm
Crispy Critter

Ruth is bringing tools again?!? Woohoo!!! I use the thingie I got from her last year ALL the time...love it!

Old 2008-04-03, 3:34pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

Tools....someone said tools....who doesn't like tools! (She says with perked up ears)

-
-

Old 2008-04-04, 8:10am
Your Royal Fritness

I love Ruths Tools.... Well Ruth is Pretty cool too!

I can't wait to see everyone again

Dawn

Old 2008-04-04, 10:12pm
MomOnAMission

If Shopmama goes... please be EXTRA nice & sweet to her.... She's lonely
Old 2008-04-15, 6:10am

I'm back from vacation and ready to start planning the final details!! We need to get pictures in to RobinJ for the t-shirt/sweatshirts ASAP, right Robin? We also need to nail down the demo's and workshops...

Only a month to go!!!

Old 2008-04-15, 10:12am
aka Spawn Of Flame

t-shirt...
don't. remember. t-shirt. I guess I need to go check out my missives from you!

--
--
--

Old 2008-04-15, 10:27am
koregon

when is this?? dang, I missed all the pre talk...I was going to TN...then Jamaica, but now I am home

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm probably all full up huh?

Old 2008-04-15, 11:04am

No sweetie - there's room for you! Read the first post to get the info...

Old 2008-04-15, 12:11pm
koregon

is there room the cabin, paying for a hotel room all by myself would be a no go...I see the list and am thinking there might still be a bed to be had?? I can't sleep on the floor...my knee makes it hard to get up to potty in the night...and I am to damn old LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancySellsGlass View Post

It's time to begin plans for the 2008 Cabin Retreat!! The dates are a week earlier this year, May 16 ~18 ... For those of you who are new, this will be the 6th time we've met at a beautiful log lodge in Big Rapids, MI which is about 1 hour north of Grand Rapids. It has 3 bedrooms and a large sleeping loft. For our retreat we'll be limiting the number of glasser's actually staying at the cabin to 30. There are enough beds and cots to sleep about 20 I think. The last 10 will need to bring their own cot or air mattress. There is also room for a few tents to be pitched on the property - so if that is an option for you we can allow several of those as well. And finally, there are several hotels within a 10 - 15 minute drive for those who would like to drive in during the day.

Okay, now the $$ details. We changed a few things in back 2005 and they worked so well that we’ll be doing it again this year. I will be bringing up a couple of my friends to cater our meals and clean up the cabin on Sunday. And I will also rent the oxygen from a local company who will deliver to the cabin so we don't have to worry about people transporting their tanks.

The costs are as follows:

For those staying or tenting at the cabin: $100 per person. That includes two nights lodging, Friday dinner, meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

For those staying at a hotel: $50 per person which includes Friday dinner, meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

For those coming on Saturday only: $25 per person which includes meals for the day.

And now the rest of the details: I need you to initial and sign a copy of the “Rules for the Cabin” and enclose it with your check. I’m hoping that will help everyone understand the premise of what our retreat is all about!

Cancellation policy: No refunds after 4/28/08, before that there will be a $25 cancellation fee. If you can find someone to take your place - great! But I will not be responsible for finding that person and you will need to arrange the payment details as well as notify me of the change.

PM me for my mailing address.

Sleeping space in the cabin will be on a first $$, first bed basis. I will assign spots as I receive your reservations.

Can't wait to see you all!

2008 Cabin guests... so far!

Paula Canant
Lori Greenberg
John Hurlbert
Jan Burrows
Chris Dalrymple
Terry Williams
Jim Booger
Sheryl Booger
Hannah Booger
Lisa Reddick
Deb Harlan
Robin Jorrey
Rona Horn
Dawn Ceccacci
Sharlyn Premuda
Nancy Peterson
Barb Reed
Rosemary Cheslock
Rose Hanus

Old 2008-04-15, 12:12pm
koregon

flying in ...bringing a cot and mattress is another no go...so just figured I would ask before planning any further

Old 2008-04-15, 12:18pm
koregon

oh wow, clicked it in ...airfare is terrible ...twice as much as going to TN when I went

Old 2008-04-16, 5:00am

Keep looking - maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be a sale... You wouldn't have to worry about a bed - we'll have something for you!

Old 2008-04-16, 6:04am
Superkitty

I hope you can work it out, Kaye. You'll have a great time!
Old 2008-04-16, 9:58am
Obsessed Blogger

Re: Demos.

I'll demo anything anyone wants, torch-wise. I'm a one trick pony in that regard.

Although, two years ago I did win the burping contest for my team.

Old 2008-04-17, 12:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGreenberg View Post
Although, two years ago I did win the burping contest for my team.
...snicker...

Old 2008-04-21, 7:27am

A quick reminder that everyone needs to get a bead picture to RobinJ ASAP today so she can put together the graphic for our t-shirts. It would be great to have one from everyone. The one she did a couple years ago is still my favorite sweatshirt of all time!

Old 2008-04-21, 8:37am
Your Royal Fritness

I'm with Lori on this one. I'll demo what people want to see torch wise. You'll have to hook up with Lori for the burping lessons

I have the EMS if any one want to see it in action.... I love my EMS

Less then a month away, yeah!

Dawn

Old 2008-04-21, 6:32pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

ems????????????????????

-
-

Old 2008-04-21, 6:37pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjones View Post
ems????????????????????
Here is the link: http://www.bearfootart.com/pages/EMSinfopage.php

This tool is sweet!

Dawn

Old 2008-04-21, 6:45pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

Wow...very cool! How'd I miss that?

-
-

Old 2008-04-21, 6:47pm
Covered in glitter

Waaaaa....I am so sorry I am not going to be able to be there this year. I will be there next year for sure! Y'all have fun and I expect to see lots of pictures.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche