Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2007-02-01, 9:05am

Default Photographing iridescence in beads

I posted a tutorial on photographing beads some time ago and it seems that the technique is more valuable now that we are shooting iridescence.

Originally Posted by !ngridh
I don't know if I mentioned it in the thread but absolutely NO lights on in the room...artificial light will cause all sorts of problems.... Do not shoot in direct light from a window...I generally am facing a wall with no windows and my back it to whatever window there is... no shadows is very important because you want to capture subtle changes in color on the surface...

My camera is a god send...very smart and I am stuck on my old version of paintshop pro 7 because I know how to use it...
I use a mavica CD500 that when shooting in low light brings up this orange grid that knows that it is too dark and with that grid it brightens the photo...that is why a sheet of bright white computer paper is best.
The reason that NO direct light is so important when shooting iridescence is that the highlights compete with the changing colors on the surface.

You want no highlights.
Again I use an old version of paintshop pro (7) because I know it and how to use it and so I am not interested to find a new one.

here is the picture

This always give me true colors and I give all the credit to my camera.
Incredible camera!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38931

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2007-02-01, 9:13am

Those beads are gorgeous!!!!

The blogs of your fellow LE'ers are here...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And lookie, it's all about me... ***
Old 2007-02-03, 9:45am

I think I have finally figured out how to get this shine with DH. Generally I follow what they have on their website.
Anyone want me to post a tutorial? Send me a PM

Beads galore at my ebay store!

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!