Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-05-10, 1:35pm

Ofilia I have had dessert at every meal this week except breakfast!!
Yeah the Gato was booked so we ended up scattered. Burano is beautiful though!
The best thing about being here is the sunshine!!!
Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-10, 3:19pm

Smile

Quote:
Ofilia I have had dessert at every meal this week except breakfast!!
Paula

That's hysterical! But hey, with all the walking you get in, I"m sure the calorie impact will be minimal
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

Too bad you all missed tasting Il Gato and Da Romano... I think it means you just need to make an impromptu visit again to Burano for a memorable meal
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

I'll tell you one other place I recommend on Murano that really knows how to make their seafood/crab/clams really special... the restaurant at the hotel Al Soffiador (by the Faro vaporetto stop. I had their Spanish crab claws once that were roated with rosemary. DIVINE! Never seen such stumpy, meaty claws in my life! They are never open for dinner, so catch a nice lunch there. Oh.... and her desserts are also...... mmmmmm.....

Old 2009-05-10, 11:10pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

crap Paula you've got to be kidding me... I thought something was wrong when I went over to your website, it kept on saying * under construction*....and now I find out you are in Murano!!!! Girl have fun! I'm glad nothing is wrong lol, but I am so yealous!

Old 2009-05-11, 9:48am

Hey Susanne. I didn't know how to program Zen Cart to say I was away. And
I was afraid that being away for 2 weeks would bury me with orders when
I got home..I think I will reopen Tuesday as I will be back Friday!!
Today we went to Carlo Dona and spent more money on the most incredible tools. Note to next group...bring extra money for tools and leave space in suitcase for tools...
I am also dragging home a 6 lb rock. It's 104 chalcedony made by a furnace worker here.
I was able to buy it thanks to a connection that Mike had. (Of course!)
Als0 today we met Marco and Mike from Sicily. Mike and I and the two Italian guys got into an exclusive furnace glass shop thanks to Marco. The owner showed me her warehouse full of the most incredible sculpture. Everything from eagles to horses. Just beautiful...Also found some other galleries with huge sculpture.But you don't get behind the scenes unless you know someone!!
Ofilia. My choices in restuarants have been limited to what I can stagger to at the end of the day!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-11, 9:52am

Note to next group.It's been really hot so bring clothing for really hot days too...
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-12, 4:01am

More advice for people on their way. Bring twice as much money in cash as you think you will need. Or be sure that your atm card works..Lots of places on the Island only take cash and you won't get any discounts with charge cards. Also a few words about the co op..If you want to eat in the food for sale there is great and it is very cheap..The Italian cheese and cold cuts are to die for. The earlier in the day you go the more selection you have. You have to bring your own plastic bags though or there is a 3 euro charge. Also the apartments don't have a real freezer so forget frozen food..Still hot. Bring your bikini's!!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-12, 6:10am

Smile

For those of you headed or arriving, since the weather is so warm, I recommend a visit to Lido! It's a sweet bathing beach and great for people watching
. Also nice for collecting pretty sea shells.... very shallow and clean water.

I also recommend a Secret Itinerary tour of the Doge Palace. You may find it sold out, so booking days in advance is recommended!! VERY WORTH THE PRICE! You get to even go into the cell that Casanova escaped from and walk through areas not open to the public. Very cool
!

Old 2009-05-12, 7:20am

I soo suggest a bathing suit!! If I had one I would have surely done a day at the beach!!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-12, 10:48am

Group one is now packing up and by midnight tomorrow we should all be home! Thanks Mike for a great week!!
Then group number 2 starts their week! Whoever is in the group please post when you can!
Arriverdierci!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-12, 11:46am

"secret of success?...passion & experience"

Old 2009-05-12, 12:11pm

Smile

Look at you, Domenico! You look all happy that finally you will get to see the inside of Effetre
! So, how was it? Was it everything you expected? Did you guys get to buy glass?? Tell us about the pretty colors available!

Old 2009-05-12, 1:03pm

ciao a tutti sono Marco amico di Domenico
assieme formiamo una coppia che ne combina di tutti i colori
ecco l'ultima che habbiamo combinato :
abbiamo fatto soffiare il vetro al grande Mike Frantz
UN SUCCESSO
grazie a tutti un saluto un abbraccio ma sopratutto pace e bene.

Old 2009-05-12, 1:19pm

hey mike... mind repeating that in inglesia?
Old 2009-05-12, 1:28pm

All I got was colors combined. The great Mike Frantz either blew glass or had success in blowing glass. And peace!

Old 2009-05-12, 1:28pm

Sounds like you're all having a great time. Pictures look great. Looks very peaceful!
Have a safe trip back home everyone

Old 2009-05-12, 1:31pm

Hey Mike from Italy - it was very nice meeting you. Please also tell Marco I appreciate his patience with my questions. I cant wait to try the glass.
Old 2009-05-12, 1:31pm

Wink

Quote:
hey mike... mind repeating that in inglesia?
Hi Moushka, I think Marco (Dominco's friend posting under Mike's name) is saying that they worked on blowing a cup/goblet(?) of many colors, and maestro Mike Frant's was a complete "success"
. Then he thanks every one for everything..."greetings and hugs, peace and good (wishes)". Did I get it about right, nipote
?

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-05-12 at 1:44pm.
Old 2009-05-12, 1:33pm

Thanks Ofilia!
Old 2009-05-12, 1:50pm

Default nononono

Quote:
Hi Moushka, I think Marco (Dominco's friend posting under Mike's name) is saying that they worked on blowing a cup/goblet(?) of many colors, and maestro Mike Frant's was a complete "success"
. Then he thanks every one for everything..."greetings and hugs, peace and good (wishes)". Did I get it about right, nipote
?
NO, I pieces was like a worm on the ground, but it was fun

mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-05-13, 6:51am

Wink

Quote:

mikey
Hey Mike, just bask in the glory that Marco is praising you with and go with the flow
. For all we know, you could have the whole island jealous at your furnace skills and next thing we know you will have them churning out "Mikey" goblets for the tourist trade
!

Old 2009-05-13, 8:33pm

Well I just got home!! It's 5:30 a.m. Italian time! What a looong ride home! JFK was a Zoo!! My suitcase was overweight (surprised guys???) but they weighed my carry on and the two together were not so I didn't get charged!
Thanks Pat & Wayne for dragging all of the suitcases down the stairs!
People just getting there be sure to keep us posted and have a great time!
Be sure you get to Davide's to see the pieces he is working on. OMG!!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-13, 8:35pm

Quote:

mikey
hehehe. It was a worm!!
I was there!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-13, 8:40pm

So Mikey Miss Us yet??
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-14, 5:21am

Quote:
UN SUCCESSO
hello to all they are friendly Mark of Domenico together we form a brace that arranges some of all the colors here l' last that habbiamo arranged: we have made to blow the glass to the great Mike Frantz HAPPENING thanks to all a salute an embrace but above all peace and well.

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-14, 5:22am

LADIES if you buy a lot of beads in one place make sure they put them in different baggies with the prices. I am lookig at a bag of 50 beads here and have no idea which is what price! Ugh!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-15, 1:33am

Quote:
UN SUCCESSO
Hello people

I come back home tonight !
I was far home from over 10days among Milan,Cremona,Germany and Murano
Hello everybody,Hello ZIA Ofilia,PaulaD,Mike Frantz and Moushka

It was a strong experience stay in Murano and meet Mike Frantz and his group.
Mike Frantz is a willingly man. We spend a nice day in Effetre,then to lunch at La Busa della Torre in Fondamenta Manin (ver heavy lunch)...then we had a blow in my friend's furnace...It was amazing see MikeFrantz blowing.
I am also happy to have met Moushka (very nice lady...amazing eyes
) and finally PaulaD (sicilian blood like me
)

I enjoyed to speak with Paula even if my english isnt so good!

About above post,yes,Marco,my best friend wrote his post under my name in italian language since he isn able with english:

he introduced his self telling that together me and him we get up to some new mischief; this was the time for MikeFrantz to blow!!
Marco make greeting everyone and wish hugs and peace!

Ofilia,about Effetre was a nice show what we seen making filigrana..of course it is already something but of course isnt possible to see all factory..but it is good in this way ! thanks ofilia for your advice!

Once again i was honoured to meet an american group of artists!

I hope to join next year with you again !

God bless you ! Peace .

domenico

Old 2009-05-15, 4:02am

aaww Mike from Italy, I am blushing. Hope to meet you again soon. When are you coming to America?

Jen
Old 2009-05-15, 4:13am

hi jen
maybe next year...

Old 2009-05-15, 6:40am

I can never go to Italy again. I came back 10 lbs heavier
if that is possible after the death march that Frantz took us on through Venice!! Let's hope a lot of it is water weight from the heat and not all of those desserts!

Mike from Italy your English is great! My Dad will be home for the summer and he is going to teach me Italian. Here is a photo of me before my hair changed to white and I looked more like a real Sicilian. Maybe soon it will be brown again!

Oh and I agree that is really was totally fun watching Mike Frantz blow!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-15, 10:15am

Wink

Quote:
hi jen
maybe next year...
Domenico, I'm dissapointed. You said you would come to America when ISGB had their Gathering in Miami..... WELL
THIS is the year for you to come to the US! I hope you do come. You will learn a lot and meet literally hundreads of great glass folks

A la prossima.