Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-03-01, 7:31pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Default Bella Donna - Purplescent?

Any news on Donna's new glass "Purplescent"? I'm sure it's all gone by now, just curious to see if there's any pictures of this fantabulous glass?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2011-03-05, 2:58pm
Arrow Springs

Default photos of Purplescent

This is a link to the photos on facebook - they say you don't need to have a fb account to see them - let me know if it does/doesn't work? Thanks!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-05, 10:40pm
Formerly FishBulb

Oooooooo! Gorgeous! I don't have a FB account and I could see them. Yummy glass!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-03-08, 3:28pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Spoke with ArrowSprings yesterday ... they still have it!
Old 2011-03-09, 12:27pm

I just ordered this morning so it is still available!
Old 2011-03-09, 6:30pm
Ad astra per aspera

I ordered two days ago, got shipping confirmation today. I can't wait to try it!!!

Old 2011-03-17, 2:05pm
Ad astra per aspera

These are my first two quick & dirty tryouts, and q&d photos. I had another but I killed it because I grabbed the wrong clear (note to self--this is what happens when you don't do a clean sweep between COE's, Doh!).

First one is a base of CIM Peace completely encased with Purplescent, moderately reduced, then cased in clear and pressed. The ends are really pretty (much better than the photo) with an iridescent opaque teal-ish color.

The second bead is Effetre medium blue transp, a spiral wrap of Purplescent, moderately reduced and encased in more blue then pressed. The iridescence is totally lost in the photo but it really, really shimmers.
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-18, 7:26am
Biscuit Lover

Why did I have to look at the pictures of Kimberly Affleck's Purplescent beads on facebook? Crazy pretty. Irresistable stuff.
Old 2011-03-22, 6:40pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Those are beyond words incredible, Kimberly!

Old 2011-03-22, 6:46pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Somebody, KIMBERLY, please give some tips on working it. i have mine sitting here & know it won't look that good but some tips would be nice.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-03-22, 7:20pm

Thanks Kimberly, that is VERY helpful information. You are so kind to share your wisdom with us!!!!! I'm not sure I could keep the bead warm enough to not lose my color while encasing slowly. It sounds like a balancing act.

Vivian

-

Last edited by VivianLampwork; 2011-03-22 at 7:23pm.
Old 2011-03-22, 7:39pm

Thanks Kimberly, I'm going to pull out my glass tomorrow & try.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-03-22, 8:38pm
Hat or Cake?

After reading this thread the other day, I ordered some of each. I'm advised that it should ship late this week or shortly after and I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

I, too, would have been a bit afraid to try it, but I would like to thank Kimberly, in advance, for her generosity in sharing and helping others. I am feeling a little more adventurous now. Thanks!
Beth
Old 2011-03-22, 8:44pm
Lampworkaholic!

This is Moody Blue. I'm looking forward to trying Purplescent.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-03-23, 8:51am
Cheesehead Packer lover

I must be over-reducing it. Thanks for the tips Kimberly, you are so generous with your info. We appreciate you!

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2011-03-24, 3:40pm

Default Go Kimberly!!!!! :-)

Kimberly makes the most beautiful beads with this glass - amazing!!! I love them so much...want them all!

There are tips on using the glass at

Kimberly's tips were excellent....obviously, look what she did...omg, I just can't get over how beautiful her beads are!

Donna

Flameworking Tools, Glass, Ovens, Supplies, Books, Videos and all the help you need.