Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2014-06-30, 8:05am
Moving On

Exclamation Torch, Regalia, NG, splitters & more!

I'm so excited I could burst! I moved to Tucson almost 2 weeks ago, and have managed to get my studio tiled, ventilated, and piped for NG (finished this weekend. I have a Cricket (and my Pirhana is missing in the mess). I also have a Regalia concentrator.

Ideally, I'd like to have a two torch setup (torching with buddies would be nice!) And/or switching to a different/stronger? torch if desired could be good.

So....I'm about to head off to a local welding shop...I bought new hoses before I left Massachusetts (those are missing, too). I have quick connects that are flashback arrestors, but I read that NG is too weak for fb arrestors...So I assume I need:

Connector from NG to T hose....quick connects (w/o fb?) if I want quick connects). Some sort of Y and a way to plug off the end I'm not using yet? Or get another hose and a plug for that?

What about the Regalia? Will that power two torches? Will I need another?

Here I was thinking I was so close...And now I'm so confused! I only have 2 weeks before I leave for the Gathering, no trade beads, and a new product I have to test and learn before I can show the prototype!

HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!-Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gail Joseph; 2014-06-30 at 1:32pm.
Old 2014-06-30, 1:26pm

NG is too strong for FB arrestors? I don't think so. FB arrestors work for hydrogen so they'll work for NG.
Old 2014-06-30, 1:31pm
Moving On

No, too weak for the fb arrestors. (typo above)

Old 2014-06-30, 1:46pm
Alaska Boro

The Cricket works well on NG. Your NG pressure will be in the range of 1/4 to 1/3 PSI. The PSI can be checked by looking at the information stamped on the outside NG regulator. That data is generally posted in WC. And there are net resources that will convert WC into PSI.

The Cricket works well on one 5 LPM machine, but really comes to life with two 5 LPM machines.

The enjoy the use of clean NG for your torch needs.
Old 2014-07-06, 5:59pm

If need be, I will be MORE than happy to buy your Cricket & take it off your hands...? My Cricket took a dump & I need another yesterday
Smiles,
Lori

Old 2014-07-06, 7:32pm

A Regalia would be good, but not great, for powering 2 small torches. You might notice that if one of you turns the heat up, the other's flame goes reducing - kind of like flushing the toilet when somebody's in the shower.
Old 2014-07-12, 1:16am
I'm meeeeelting

You could run 2 crickets on a Regalia but not full out. Most torches would run even less well if you were running two. The Regalia is 10 LPM, 7-9 PSI. Also, there are brass wyes that have knobs to shut off flow.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves: