Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-07-19, 4:20pm

Default Fish from Brent's Class

I took Brent's class at Aquila Glass School over the weekend and as always, learned so much about how to work boro and, maybe more importantly, what NOT to do. Building the eye cane was one of my favorite parts but putting the whole fish together was a great way to learn welds and practice working on sculptural pieces. Thanks go out to both Brent and Otter for the fantastic class!
This was the last fish I made and one of my favorites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela Kane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2010-07-19, 4:23pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

VERY cool!!

Old 2010-07-19, 5:31pm
Tweedle Dumb

SWEET! That is an amazing fish! I'm kickin myself for selling all of my boro.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-07-19, 6:29pm
Powers Art Studio

Great looking fish! You got some amazing colors with it!

Jason

Old 2010-07-19, 6:42pm
boro color bender

Beautiful Angela! It was an amazing experience for otter and I as well... love ya and can't wait til we're neighbors!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-07-19, 7:10pm
She's Back & Burnin'

That fish is way too cute!

I wish I could have joined you guys...

Sara

Old 2010-07-19, 7:17pm
He can do the origami

Angela... as always you are such an excellent and FUN student!! Glad to see you posted a fish pic. It was nice to see all the progress you have made. Thanks for making the class such a great experience.

Otter
Old 2010-07-19, 9:01pm

Thank you all for the compliments. Brent, I always enjoy taking classes from you although I go home absolutely exhausted from all the learning and laughing! And Otter, I'm hoping to take a class from you someday so I can learn some of your tricks too!
Love you guys and thanks again for a fabulous weekend!

Angela Kane

Old 2010-07-20, 7:24am

Great fish.
Old 2010-07-20, 9:23am

Beautiful Fish!

Mr. Smiley and Otter need to come and teach in Texas!
Old 2010-07-22, 3:33pm

Those fins are just Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 2010-07-22, 6:38pm
And silence is golden

Nice job Angela!
Old 2010-07-23, 6:09pm

The fish is BEAUTIFUL, Angela! Looks like you've been making them for ages, not just recently learned the technique. Kudos to you and your teacher!

Birdy
Old 2010-07-24, 10:59am
Somebody's watching me!

very nice. and i enjoyed the class also!!!very beautiful!! im still on my road trip and im about to hit up the grand canyon this afternoon. leaving vegas in a few minutes with money still in my pocket..yay!

Old 2010-07-24, 3:31pm

Hey Justin! Totally enjoyed sitting next to you; you did some awesome work in the class. Just like cornbread! You get to Frantz? And you had money left after Frantz and Las Vegas? I'm impressed! Safe travels home!

Angela Kane

Old 2010-07-25, 10:37am
Somebody's watching me!

it was my pleasure also! by the way...i don't know how you got those awesome colors on your fins...very nice job!

Old 2010-07-25, 12:34pm

The fish is quite amazing and beautiful. I took the one day class on Friday. I had so much fun and learned a great deal. Thank you both Brent and Otter.

One question. I came home and have been looking through my glass collection. I have a lot of Revolution 33 Tequila Mixer. I have yet to get that glass to do something interesting. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Old 2010-07-25, 2:34pm

Tom, I have some of that Tequila Mixer too and my results have been pretty dismal with it. I've tried heating the snot out of it, reducing it, kiln striking it - you name it and I've done it. I gave up. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give us both some tips!

Angela Kane

Old 2010-07-25, 3:00pm
Never give up

Love the colors, great job.
Old 2010-07-29, 9:34am
boro color bender

Haven't tried that glass... my go to thing for transparent silver colors is to cook the snot out of it... sounds like a weak version of tequila sunrise... but couldn't say for sure...

it was so nice spending a few days with all of you... you made me smile often and laugh a lot... can't wait til next time...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-07-30, 10:33pm

Little feed back on the Tequila mixer. Jodi said to work it like the DAP or their version, in a neutral flame, (white hot, like Mr. Smiley likes it) then let it cool under the bench till the glow is gone then you can heat in the back of the flame again. I played with this tonight over white. I may have played too long but... I got some purples and ambers and some milky crap. Good thing it was a test. So I guess it can happen but is fickle color.

Mr. Smiley if you want some to try out get me your addy and I will shoot a few rods your way for the cause.

It's really nice conversing and working "virtually" with you all. Thanks.