Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-02-25, 11:52am

Default Julie Nordine Workshop in Winston-Salem, NC April 26 & 27

Julie Nordine will teach Kaleidoscopes, Utensils & Big Beads, Oh My! - Lampworking for big kids with Julie Nordine and the Electric Mandrel Spinner workshop at the Sawtooth School for Visual Art in Winston-Salem, NC. The workshop will be held Saturday and Sunday, April 26 & 27, 2014 from 10am to 4pm each day.

In this intermediate-level glass beadmaking workshop, learn how to work bigger and more efficiently. Julie will start out by having you jumping in with both feet, shortening the learning curve of the ultimate beadmaking tool: the Electric Mandrel Spinner (EMS), which will be used throughout the class. You'll learn: shaping techniques for end of mandrel pendants, earring pairs (2 on 1 mandrel), encasing and pleating techniques, chemical reactions, and so much more. Each student will be supplied with an Electric Mandrel Spinner to use in class as well as a student supply kit worth more than $50! Experience is necessary.

The Sawtooth School for Visual Art is a 65-year-old art and fine craft school located in the heart of downtown Winston-Salem. Sawtooth teaches metals, glass, wood, photography, printmaking, digital arts, painting, drawing and much more. For complete information and to register for the workshop go to www.sawtooth.org or phone Coordinator Sara Sloan Stine at 336 723-7395 ext. 204. Fees for the workshop are $395 for members, $425/non-members and registration is desired by April 1st. Workshop limited to 8 students, so sign up before it fills!

The Glass Studio at the Sawtooth School has 8 nortel minor burners, annealing kilns, and hot, warm and cold glass equipment and tools.

http://www.sawtooth.org/classes/glas...-beads-oh-my-1
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-25, 9:16pm

!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barbara
Old 2014-03-02, 1:27am

I share a gallery space with Julie and I have heard GREAT feedback on her class!!

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” Julia Cameron

Scorpion on 2 concentrators
Old 2014-03-18, 8:53am

Thanks for the words of confidence! I know she'll do a great job with the workshop... just need a studio full of students to take advantage of her knowledge! Sign-ups going on now!
Old 2014-03-18, 3:58pm

I am so excited that someone of Julie's caliber is coming to western NC's Piedmont! C'mon, crazy bead makers, let's show our support for Julie and Sawtooth! This is an amazing opportunity - one not to be missed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barbara
Old 2014-03-18, 5:42pm
Burnt Wood Beads

I took this class in Minneapolis and it was nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!! I learned so many things and tried techniques and equipment I have never dreamt of using!

I can't recommend this class enough. Julie is a natural teacher. Goes at a good pace, demos fast, but sufficiently and gives you plenty of time to practice each technique.

I loved this class!

Julie

Old 2014-03-18, 6:31pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I was part of her 1st class!!! It was fantastic!!! You will have a fabulous time and learn more than a mere human brain can hold in just a few days. I was hesitant about the EMS but now have one and use it on most every bead! You will NEVER regret taking a class from Julie...she is amazing!

Old 2014-04-01, 7:44pm

I just want to bump this class to the top once again because I am so excited that Julie is coming to the Piedmont area of NC to teach such a wonderful class! C'mon, peeps, it's a rare opportunity for those of us on the East coast!

Barbara
Old 2014-04-06, 11:28pm

Counting down to the wonderful class with Julie! Come join us!

Barbara
Old 2014-04-12, 6:56pm

Bump, bump, bump! We need a few more lamp workers to join us!

Barbara

Tags
beads, ems, julie nordine, kaleidoscopes, workshop