No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-06-02, 11:05am
Grounded from da Torch =(

Default Current (6/16) Best Clear?

All of the posts I am reading are old and I know batches are changing constantly.. I'm almost out of my 2007 Diamond Clear.. lol

What's the best clear right now? Reichenbach?

Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
8M w/ SM7 tip, 1 oxycon, house pressure propane wo0t.
Old 2016-06-02, 11:11am
da General

Double Helix Zephyr and Aether.

Aether may be reactive with reducing silver glass.

|
|
|
|
Old 2016-06-02, 11:29am

I was just looking at their site. Is the reactivity of the Aether a bad thing? Why would you buy Aether over Zephyr? thanks!

Old 2016-06-02, 7:36pm
Corgi Cult Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I was just looking at their site. Is the reactivity of the Aether a bad thing? Why would you buy Aether over Zephyr? thanks!
Not a bad thing, but something to keep in mind. If you encase Triton with Zephyr you will get blue, if you encase it in Aether you get green. Both are excellent! I particularly love Aether for encased florals, but tend to use more Zephyr when working with silver glass. I also like Lauscha when I need a stiffer clear, but haven't purchased any lately to know how the batch behaves.

Hi Hayley!

Old 2016-06-05, 4:18am

I have to second Hayley's vote for Double Helix clears. I use Zephyr seconds and Zephyr never fails to be absolutely, well, clear.

--Helene
Old 2016-06-05, 2:00pm

Zephyr is the best without a doubt.

Magma Beads .

Old 2016-06-05, 3:36pm

Ditto
Old 2016-06-05, 6:35pm

Zephyr, the seconds are cleaner and clearer than anything out there.
Old 2016-06-10, 8:57am

Well I ordered a pound of Zephyr from Franz, I can't wait to try it out. Thanks, ladies!