Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-08-22, 5:24pm

Default yellow ice

Hi just found a pound of Yellow ice and was wondering if there is any neat ways to use it...I would have searched for it but am in a tight time constraint tonight ..any advice would be well appreciated
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-08-22, 6:37pm
Lampworkaholic!

It loves silver glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-08-22, 6:40pm

Okie Doke..didn't want to waste a bit of it as I know its kinda rare now ..thanks so much!
"

Old 2012-08-22, 6:45pm
I'm a lilac!

I don't know much about Yellow Ice, but I remember there being threads about it and some people really love it under silver glass.

Old 2012-08-22, 7:41pm

Thanks,Kalera..I know there is info on here but I am back and forth torching tonight and can only spend a couple minutes on here during torching breaks.I will give that a try ..thanks again.
"

Old 2012-08-22, 8:31pm
><>

Put DH Psyche over it.
Look here post # 19 and #48 for a quick reference http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...low+Ice+Psyche
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2012-08-22, 9:41pm

Wow..I checked out those threads and was more amazed at the many uses of Psyche!lol..I have to check and see how much if any I have.I noticed Amy talking about Zeus?I have been getting DH glass since we had to call in on a certain night to get OR and Gaia and Kronos..so did I somehow miss Zeus or is it a diff company?
Thanks for that thread!♥
"

Old 2012-08-22, 9:44pm

Whoohoo! Got a # of Psyche and a half pound of Psyche Light..I'm rich!!lol
"

Old 2012-08-22, 10:20pm
><>

You're welcome. Zeus is TAG.
See post 15- how to work Zeus http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...+ice+Reactions
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann

Last edited by jhana; 2012-08-22 at 10:29pm.
Old 2012-08-22, 10:59pm

Lol...I had to go thru my very special glass that I haven't touched in forever and found 6 rods of Green Envy and 1 gifted rod of Zeus..I will have a lot to play with tomorrow..thanks so much for looking these things up for me ♥
"

Old 2012-08-23, 5:10am

This made me think of Frank Zappa. Sorry, just being me . . .

Stephen

BTW, youngsters will have no clue about this reference, but I hope it makes somebody smile.
Old 2012-08-23, 6:20am
Peerless Thread Killer

Made me smile!

Although since Dweezil is now touring doing Frank's music, there's a newer generation who might know...

Old 2012-08-23, 6:58am

Hmm..don't eat yellow snow..lol..how about "who could imagine that they would freak out in Kansas..kansas..Kansas..haha..the good ole weird days!!
"

Old 2012-08-23, 7:03am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

KIM NEELY - ETHER

This is a great use for Yellow Ice!

Old 2012-08-23, 7:06am

Oh,Liz..ty !I DO have that tut but haven't looked in a while.Thanks for reminding me
"

Old 2012-08-23, 7:20am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

My pleasure!
Can't wait to see what you will create!

Old 2012-08-23, 12:23pm

My first attempt stunk..so I have to read those threads again..lol..I only used about an inch of YI so don't feel too awful
"