Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-08-23, 3:02pm
Salt Box Beads

Angry White is really green now? REALLY!?

I just rec'd white that is green. It is Vetrofond 701204. I have some old stock that is white. A nice white. The newest batch is the loose rods in the middle that look identical to cream odd but the tint is a little different. The difference is much more pronounced in real life.

White is white...I ordered white, the same white I have ordered for years. Not pale pale green, not greenish white, not white tinted green.

The short rod and the single white rod are from years ago and are very white. The single rods label blends in with the rod, the new batch definitely shows green against the white label.

The white on top is from two years ago and you can see the green tint starting, then loose rods are what I received today and ick! GREEN. They are very close to color with the cream odd lot at the bottom that is also green and not cream at all.

Yes, I will keep it. Yes it is kinda pretty and yes I will use it to make beautiful beads BUT, this is a heads up for anyone who wants white.

SO just a heads up for those who want a nice bright white....
Attached Images

Old 2012-08-23, 3:16pm

If it's the same batch I have, it also has black specks and crucible chunks in it.

I use it in the center of other beads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Lampworkaholic!

Where did you buy it? Frantz has disclaimers on the website about all the Vetrofond whites not being really white. My 791204 was more of an icy bluish tint than green. I wound up using it up with frit and it was kind of cool. I pretty much stick with Messy Peace now.

Oh no Nikki, black specs and crucible chunks, not good.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Well it's probably a good thing that Vetrofond is no longer making glass. Actually, I'd say the rods were mislabeled by the seller.

Old 2012-08-23, 3:25pm
Salt Box Beads

I have some whites from about 8-9 years ago CiM peace also that I use for the "good stuff'. But this will not do for dots or stringers where white is needed.

I have 96 coe white that is da bomb!!! but I can't use it with all of my fav 104 coes. Too bad the word universal COE is an impossibility.
Old 2012-08-23, 3:27pm
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Naos* View Post
Well it's probably a good thing that Vetrofond is no longer making glass. Actually, I'd say the rods were mislabeled by the seller.
Yep, they forgot to put the rods on a white paper to make sure they were white before labeling...
Old 2012-08-23, 3:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Where did you buy it? Frantz has disclaimers on the website about all the Vetrofond whites not being really white. My 791204 was more of an icy bluish tint than green. I wound up using it up with frit and it was kind of cool. I pretty much stick with Messy Peace now.

Oh no Nikki, black specs and crucible chunks, not good.
This was it - it was cheap, and what I posted was more warning than anything. Bluish tint, cool, let's give it a shot. Black specks... Um, yeah, let's cover that nonsense up.

I use Effetre white otherwise.

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon