LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-19, 4:04pm

Ok, here are my first four beads I made with the light pandora I got at the gathering. Please excuse the really bad pictures and the super bad press job with the shell press (blech).

The first two beads are cased with clear. First one with two wraps side by side and you can see a little green/blue peaking out between the clear. The second one just had a stripe down the middle. Interestingly the large greenish yellow bead was made on the same mandrel as the bead next to it, but is not cased. It was garaged and annealed the same amount of time. This bead, when it went into the kiln, was more opaque and kinda mossy looking. These first three beads were the first I made that day and garaged for about 4 hours at 960. The shell bead was the very last bead I made that day (it is not cased) and not garaged at all. I turned on my kiln cycle right after popping it in the kiln. You can see it is a mix between the really purple and the green/yellow bead.

Jed and Julie, you know I love your glass and this is no exception, what fun!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2008-08-19, 4:07pm
yukue fumei

whoa!
Gorgeous!!! Lara your beads always rock!

nagi

Old 2008-08-19, 4:09pm

Thanks Nagi

Old 2008-08-19, 4:21pm
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

I hope this glass is for sale before I return to work in Sept.! I am crossing my fingers it won't sell out before I get off work.

Those beads are beautiful Lara!

Alaina

Old 2008-08-19, 4:51pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

It is also listed at Winship Designs. No picture up though.

Kelly

Old 2008-08-24, 6:49pm

OHHHHHH I'm loving this stuff. Here is my latest from the Pandora Light (same as above). These turned out very purple. I'm just loving this purple color. Thanks for the cool color Jed and Julie.

The set is light pandora over clear with clear stripes or dots (plus two with the pandora on amythist cased with clear)

The focal is light pandora over V. light ivory.
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-24, 6:50pm

Come on, anyone else have pictures?

Old 2008-08-24, 7:23pm
Scientific Glass Girl

i don't have pictures yet, i just got some at beadfest from ross at ABR. i tried it when i demoed.. WOW!! its amazing, when it came out of the kiln the next morning i couldn't believe the colors. the sad part is i traded the bead i made there with the girl who boothed next to me. so this week im going to be using pandora a lot. i promise i'll post pictures.

Old 2008-08-24, 8:24pm

Wow you are all getting great color!
Jed and Julie have contacted dealers and we expect to have it late September!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-08-24, 10:31pm

Just one photo so far.
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-25, 12:15am
Entropy increasing....

Oh the light is so pretty. I got some dark Pandora yesterday at Frantz and Jed kindly gave me a huge sample rod of Pandora. I made 6 beads out of the one rod. A goddess and 5 other focal beads.

It's beautiful. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight waiting to check the kiln tomorrow morning.
Old 2008-08-25, 5:05am
I'm not Barbie.

oh man these beads are gorgeous, guess I'm gonna have to get me some too. Now if only my new concentrator would arrive soon so I can get back to work.........
Old 2008-08-25, 5:32pm
Entropy increasing....

Ok, I got them out of the kiln and took some pictures.

Sit down, are you sitting down? Of course you are you are at your computer.

Old 2008-08-25, 5:36pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

holy freaking cow!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-08-25, 5:37pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

is that the dark or the light?

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-08-25, 5:47pm
Now in living color

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
holy freaking cow!

What SHE said!!!! OMG! Fabulous, Kevan!

Old 2008-08-25, 6:18pm

OMG!! Those beads are flipping gorgeous Kevan!!

Old 2008-08-25, 6:25pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Ok, I got them out of the kiln and took some pictures.

Sit down, are you sitting down? Of course you are you are at your computer.

I wasn't sitting down, but I am now!!! Now see what you've done!!! (And....I've got that Carly Simon song running through my head..."No body does it better....Baby you're the best!!!!")

Wow, wow, wow...does anyone know when we get a chance to buy some? (Haven't checked around yet - it may be out there already....)

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-08-25, 6:25pm

Awesome beads Kevan.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-08-25, 6:53pm

Wow!! Gorgeous! I hope they are making a lot of it!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-08-25, 6:56pm
HourGlass Studio

WoW. Kevin those beads rock !
Old 2008-08-25, 7:07pm

OMG Kevan!!! I just fell off my bed...

Old 2008-08-25, 7:20pm

Holy Tamoley! Those are awesome! Can't wait to get me some of that glass! yumm

Old 2008-08-25, 7:21pm
Just Plain

Lara, Shari, Kevan - Holy cow!!! The colors each of you got are stunning!

Old 2008-08-25, 7:28pm

Kevan, I love the orangey red you are getting. Care to eloborate on how you got that? Do you know how? I LOVE LOVE LOVE your striped bead.

Old 2008-08-25, 8:07pm
Entropy increasing....

Thanks everyone, but it's really the glass. I did NOTHING to it but make the bead and put it in the kiln at 960 for about 4 hours and that's how it came out. I didn't even try to strike it, it just did it all by it's self.
Old 2008-08-25, 8:23pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Thanks everyone, but it's really the glass. I did NOTHING to it but make the bead and put it in the kiln at 960 for about 4 hours and that's how it came out. I didn't even try to strike it, it just did it all by it's self.
Did you use the light or the regular pandora?

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-08-25, 8:26pm
Entropy increasing....

It's the regular. I have some of the dark, but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 2008-08-25, 8:30pm

Thanks Kevan, I suspected that would be your answer, but thought I would ask. I have gotten surprising results from some DH colors without knowing how I got them too.

Hmmm, I have the light, the odd lot and the dark. I'm wondering if the regular gets more of the oranges. Jed, Julie? Any idea?

Old 2008-08-25, 8:37pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

There's three versions??

DOG is my co-pilot

Tags
pandora, strike