No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-02-05, 5:04pm
Resident Luny

Default Copper Mesh... where IS it?

I want to try some. Finally. Can't find any anywhere on line, not at Rio, not on etsy.....not at Michael's anymore. I know I am late to the party but..... WHERE CAN I BUY SOME?

Is there a crazy worldwide shortage or something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- artisan lampwork beads, jewelry, and a little bit of rock n' roll.

Be kind to one another. The world needs it more than ever.
Old 2013-02-05, 5:09pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I might have some in stock... website says sold out, but I always list less there than I really have. Usually.

I can check for you tomorrow if you like.

Old 2013-02-05, 5:26pm
Resident Luny

Sure! I think your site was one I looked at. So many say sold out, or the mesh is really, really tight and small, and I think we want bigger holes to play with it, right?

Old 2013-02-05, 5:26pm
Melody of Glass

Artistry in Glass carries it. That's where I got mine but they are up here in the great white north.
http://artistryinglass.on.ca/search....=search&page=1

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-02-05, 5:28pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I've never played with it. The size I have is what Sherry Bellamy told me to get

Old 2013-02-05, 5:35pm

howaco might have some if Donna doesn't.

Old 2013-02-05, 5:41pm
Resident Luny

Thanks! I just suddenly got a bee in my bonnet.

Old 2013-02-05, 6:02pm

Craft stores like Michael's or Beverly's has it in the clay section. It comes in a roll in different mesh sizes. They use it for armature.

Old 2013-02-05, 7:55pm
Resident Luny

I checked Michael's today, they didn't at all. They said they didn't anyway. Huh. Maybe I will check again there and ask about the clay section, i did ask for armature mesh....

Last edited by lunesse; 2013-02-05 at 8:19pm.
Old 2013-02-05, 8:06pm
Senior Moment

Got mine from Howaco. She has a set of 4 different mesh widths, so you can see what you like best: http://www.howacoglass.com/metal_mesh.html . It's the sample pack on the bottom.

HTH
Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-02-05, 8:08pm
Born Facing Left

I don't think Michaels carries it anymore. Dick Blick has it, the stuff that I use is Amaco impression mesh, expandable, with 1/8" openings.

Old 2013-02-05, 8:24pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Michaels no longer carries it so I purchased it from an art supply store, the name escapes me though, sorry.

Old 2013-02-05, 8:42pm

Have you tried Hobby Lobby? I picked up copper mesh in a couple of different sizes there. They also have pixie dust type stuff in some really jazzy colors.

Andrea
Old 2013-02-06, 11:49am

Sent you a PM

Old 2013-02-06, 8:52pm

I forgot to mention that one of the pieces I got at Hobby Lobby was woven in a diamond pattern instead of squares. Very pretty effect.

Andrea
Old 2013-02-06, 8:54pm
Loving learning

You can kind of manipulate the shape by pulling the sides too, to stretch it one way or the other.
Old 2013-02-06, 9:26pm

You can get it here.

http://store.metalliferous.com/products.asp?dept=3090

Old 2013-02-07, 1:53pm

As Sherry mnetioned. Dick Blick Art Supply.
Dot Com.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2013-02-07, 2:39pm
da General

PM me your address and I will send you some.

|
|
|
|